Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

47 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Marko Arnautovic anyone? ? Apparrently wants to leave West Ham. 

In all seriousness he would cost a bomb and I can imagine his wage demands are ridiculous. Doubt he'd consider us either.

Nah, serious attitude issues. Would be glad if West Ham were without him though. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, srex9 said:

In all seriousness he would cost a bomb and I can imagine his wage demands are ridiculous. Doubt he'd consider us either.

Nah he's destined for mega money in China 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Attitude is not great. Good player but as soon as a sniff of a move comes about he hands in a request or throws a tantrum. It doesn’t even have to be that good a move.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Good player when he can be arsed, but his attitude is poisonous. He wants to win titles (In China :ph34r:). His brother/agent said West Ham have been trying to flog him since January even though publicly they’ve said they don’t want to sell.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So would our alleged interest in Thauvin remain if we sign Perez?

Sean thinks so. As we might be trying to sell Ghezzal the other way ...

... or maybe not

14 minutes ago, FireFox said:

... or maybe not

I nearly exploded with joy FF, until I saw your screen shot!

We have to move Ghezzal on, whatever else we do this window.. 

Edited by Steve Earle
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FireFox said:

... or maybe not

Seems to have gone really quiet about him going to Newcastle, most links now seem to have him as going to Crystal Palace

I will be absolutely chuffed if we sign a top winger on top of Perez. Just can't see it to be honest, with Gray, Barnes, Albrighton and Perez all wanting to start. Think Rodgers rates all three and of course Perez too. Ghezzal will surely leave though but unless Gray is shipped out, not seeing the space to add another winger, unless Gray or Albrighton are pushed aside and down the pecking order to very little game time. Hopefully I'm wrong though, as keeping faith in Gray has still yet to be justified and if we are genuinely pushing for a top 6, it's unlikely we will do that with Gray unless he does finally make a big step up in consistency and end product. I have doubts he can and what a statement if we did sign Perez, Tielemans and a Thauvin type player! 

We've spent 30 million on a winger then. Fits the description of this thread title.

8 million on Justin

30 million on Perez

45 million (?) on Tielemans

83 million balanced with 75 million for Maguire.

Are we going spend 30 to 50 million on another winger (when Barnes and Perez could net us about 15 to 20 goals) and be about 40-60 million in the red in this transfer window?

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We've spent 30 million on a winger then. Fits the description of this thread title.

8 million on Justin

30 million on Perez

45 million (?) on Tielemans

83 million balanced with 75 million for Maguire.

Are we going spend 30 to 50 million on another winger (when Barnes and Perez could net us about 15 to 20 goals) and be about 40-60 million in the red in this transfer window?

Think this might THAT season, the season we go over the top and push to get ourselves into the top 6. It was quoted that we would spend a lot this window, and the relaxation/removal of the short term cost controls within FFP make it a possibility.

At times, whilst I am feeling weak and fragile, it almost seems like we have a long term plan.

Then I have a sit down. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this might THAT season, the season we go over the top and push to get ourselves into the top 6. It was quoted that we would spend a lot this window, and the relaxation/removal of the short term cost controls within FFP make it a possibility.

At times, whilst I am feeling weak and fragile, it almost seems like we have a long term plan.

Then I have a sit down. :thumbup:

With Chelsea, Arsenal and United looking lost we may as well spend big this season and try to balance the books with European football next season.

• Like 2

Marcel van der Kraan (Dutch freelance correspondent) said earlier on the radio that Ziyech had turned down Sevilla, as he’d like to play in the PL. Originally Ziyech had his sights set on a Top 6 PL club, but would be open to Top 8 now.

If we got Ziyech or Thauvin, I’d be over the moon, both (as we know) have been rock solid as goal providers, and scorers. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Marcel van der Kraan (Dutch freelance correspondent) said earlier on the radio that Ziyech had turned down Sevilla, as he’d like to play in the PL. Originally Ziyech had his sights set on a Top 6 PL club, but would be open to Top 8 now.

If we got Ziyech or Thauvin, I’d be over the moon, both (as we know) have been rock solid as goal providers, and scorers. 

If true I'd be surprised if we weren't in for him. 

He's been on our radar for years. 

23 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If true I'd be surprised if we weren't in for him. 

He's been on our radar for years. 

Don’t do this to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2