Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Cross Pepe off your list @Ric Flair !

He’s off to Arsenal for £72 million quid...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137976

So where’s Ziyech’s phone number now his Arsenal Barca dream seems to have stuttered...

Couldn’t we hijack this by explaining to Pepe that Arsenal are sliding around the footballing u-bend?

18 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Schurrle for 6m is fantastic, apparently Spartak Moscow are in for him. Rodgers would get him back to his best (6 goals in 24 for a shit Fulham isn’t bad anyway IMO)

Only risk is 6mill for a player who misfires like a lot we have. But then again 6/7 goals would be helpful and useful for the squad 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Schurrle for 6m is fantastic, apparently Spartak Moscow are in for him. Rodgers would get him back to his best (6 goals in 24 for a shit Fulham isn’t bad anyway IMO)

Good shout. Crazy cheap price. Have always quite liked Schurrle tbh.

What is wrong with him? 

Suspect it may be that if you are not careful, you could end up calling him Shirley.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, January47 said:

Looking at the value we got for Maddison then where isn't  anybody going for Bowen who if anything has better stats. I ask because I've never actually seen him play 

I've seen a bit of Jarrod Bowen and while he's a cracking player, he's not particularly quick. I think it's his lack of pace that has stopped a bigger team coming in for him. Maybe he's seen as a bit of a risk in that respect.

29 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I've seen a bit of Jarrod Bowen and while he's a cracking player, he's not particularly quick. I think it's his lack of pace that has stopped a bigger team coming in for him. Maybe he's seen as a bit of a risk in that respect.

What do you mean by quick? Can you describe it? And no I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Curious.

Think Hull are trying to get maximum value for him and other clubs are waiting till the very end to get the best price. Bidding war at the end.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Ryan Fraser? Only Arsenal were seemingly interested & now they are getting Pepe.

He's not a left footer who will cut inside but maybe Perez will occupy the RW spot anyway.. 

1 year left on his contract and doesn't look like signing a new one. Straight swap for Gray would be nice. 

• Haha 1

Ain't gonna happen, we had this same thread last year and ended up with Rachid Ghezzal. Pretty sure Ayoze was the £30m winger.

We have one too many anyway; Albrighton, Perez, Gray, Barnes, Ghezzal.

We did our business early, anything now is to account for departures.

20 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Ain't gonna happen, we had this same thread last year and ended up with Rachid Ghezzal. Pretty sure Ayoze was the £30m winger.

Not saying you’re wrong but there’s a fair few wingers in this bracket that are supposedly on the move this window; I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to get at least one of them...

26 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Struggling to see how 7 players for the front 3 positions is too many, particularly when one of them in Ghezzal has been all but frozen out by the manager (yet to start in pre-season and he's explicitly spoke about needing a winger that cuts inside, despite Ghezzal being that kind of player).

We've only signed three players - one of those was a loan made permanent, and the other two were direct replacements for Okazaki and Simpson. We're yet to upgrade on players still here.

I think we have a real opportunity to get two players in to upgrade the squad drastically - shift James and Ghezzal from last year's 25 man squad, and get two more quality players in.

We had the same issue last season, particularly the first half of the season - one player too few in forward areas, which left us relying on Albrighton, Gray from the start, and Okazaki and Iheanacho off the bench. Our fourth winger for the first half of the season was Diabate ffs.

I'll be massively disappointed if it doesn't happen. We've had a good window, mostly down to Tielemans signing, but all this talk of Leicester spending big and Top going for the top 6 is going to look wide of the mark if we don't sign a marquee winger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not saying you’re wrong but there’s a fair few wingers in this bracket that are supposedly on the move this window; I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to get at least one of them...

What's Hakim Ziyech doing? Anybody know anything about him?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

He was just who I had in mind. At that price it’s amazing nobody’s come in for him yet. I mean i know he’s been at AFCON, but still. 

It's the HOPE that's the killer. 11 days and I can get on with my life :twitch:

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Aren’t they?

Not to be all hyperbolic, but you're KILLING ME, mate ?

For me, I'd love a new winger in, for no other reason than it means we might not be playing the dreaded diamond this season.