Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

All these formations with no natural wingers look nice on paper, but deep down i’d rather we persist with the 4-3-3, sign a quality left footed right winger and use Perez as a versatile impact sub. 

I think with Chilwell and Ricardo, we have the width already and you know they will run all day up and down the lines and both love to overlap. To me, it makes more sense to have our FWD players having the ability to cut in more and play behind/in support of Vardy. I also think Vardy's strengths don't necessarily suit traditional wingers play of hanging to the side line and looping crosses in. He is much more suited to through balls or poaching when the ball is on the floor in the box. 

I'd also be surprised if Perez isn't in BR's starting 11 plans, after spending £30million on him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not bothered about the fee but I am. For £15-20m he'd be a smart acquisition and would represent value for a versatile player that's not necessarily a starter. For £30m he needs to come in and make a pretty telling contribution

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Every journo so far has alluded to us going big this window

Be interesting if somebody says similar after Youri, that would mean an astronomical window 

Edited by Mehrez
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree to a point. I think we're lacking in depth in central midfield. We've got numbers, but I don't think the required quality is there. If we're playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, we're going to need 2 creative CMs in the XI. Maddison is one. We may get Tielemans, but even if we do, we'll need some backup. Choudhury might be able to do a job there, but I think we'll need at least one more. I wouldn't feel confident relying on any of Silva, King or James, really.

100%. Exactly what I've been saying. We still need another CM after Tielemans. McGregor would be my choice. 

Justin

McGregor

Tielemans

Sarr

Perez. 

Kasper

Ricardo      Evan's       Maguire      Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans        Maddison

Perez                                                     Sarr

Vardy

Bench of... 

Ward

Benkovic/Soyuncu

Justin

McGregor

Hamza

Barnes

Nacho

Leaving...  

Jakupovic

Fuchs

Amartey

Morgan

Mendy

Albrighton

Gray

.....trying to get in the team and sell the rest. 

• Like 4

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

100%. Exactly what I've been saying. We still need another CM after Tielemans. McGregor would be my choice. 

Justin

McGregor

Tielemans

Sarr

Perez. 

Kasper

Ndidi

Vardy

Bench of... 

Ward

Benkovic/Soyuncu

Justin

McGregor

Hamza

Barnes

Nacho

Leaving...  

Jakupovic

Fuchs

Amartey

Morgan

Mendy

Albrighton

Gray

No way are Fuchs, Morgan and Albrighton leaving.

I’d be surprised if Gray was allowed to leave and can’t see Amartey leaving unless on loan.

10 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree to a point. I think we're lacking in depth in central midfield. We've got numbers, but I don't think the required quality is there. If we're playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, we're going to need 2 creative CMs in the XI. Maddison is one. We may get Tielemans, but even if we do, we'll need some backup. Choudhury might be able to do a job there, but I think we'll need at least one more. I wouldn't feel confident relying on any of Silva, King or James, really.

I think you are right with this. We have plenty of defensive midfielders, i.e. Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy and Amartey. We are lacking creativity, even if we get Tielemans. If we play Ndidi behind Maddison and Tielemans in a 3 then who is the cover if Maddison or Tielemans is injured? Maybe Choudhury could "do a job", but it is not his speciality. Perez is more of a front 3 player and had only 2 assists last season, given that was with Newcastle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

All these formations with no natural wingers look nice on paper, but deep down i’d rather we persist with the 4-3-3, sign a quality left footed right winger and use Perez as a versatile impact sub. 

****ing hate the diamond personally. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Justin

McGregor

Tielemans

Sarr

Perez. 

Kasper

Ndidi

Vardy

Bench of... 

Ward

Benkovic/Soyuncu

Justin

McGregor

Hamza

Barnes

Nacho

Leaving...  

Jakupovic

Fuchs

Amartey

Morgan

Mendy

Albrighton

Gray

That team would have to be top 6 and maybe even pushing top 4. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

There is Mendy too but limited in attack of course. I think we will get Tielemans and also think Choudary will be able to do a job in there. BR needs to get the balance right as if we sign too many players, that could disrupt the balance and hold back players like Choudary, Barnes etc. 

N'didi, Choudary and Mendy battling for the sitting DCM role

Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Choudary competing for the more attacking CM roles

Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, Perez and *New signing, fighting for the wider roles

I think that is pretty strong tbh and also keeps the squad balance, continuity and morale high, even if the starting 11 manages to play most the 38 games together. The key for me though is the *New signing. It really needs to be a TOP player in the £30-40m bracket that can ideally play out wide and as back-up striker. Get that signing right, and we are well on our way to pushing the top 6 IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think with Chilwell and Ricardo, we have the width already and you know they will run all day up and down the lines and both love to overlap. To me, it makes more sense to have our FWD players having the ability to cut in more and play behind/in support of Vardy. I also think Vardy's strengths don't necessarily suit traditional wingers play of hanging to the side line and looping crosses in. He is much more suited to through balls or poaching when the ball is on the floor in the box. 

I'd also be surprised if Perez isn't in BR's starting 11 plans, after spending £30million on him

Good points mate.

If we do persist with a formation with no wingers I think a few things need to happen:

Choudhury as DM

Controversial maybe, however when he plays in the DM role he naturally likes to sit deep, even alongside the CB’s. Whereas Ndidi likes to be everywhere on the pitch. With Choudhury’s inclusion we can transition between a 3 at the back and the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond variants.

60-70% possession most games

Whether we can do that is another matter, but that will be Brendan’s aim.

Aggressive high press

We’ll need our forward players applying pressure as soon as we lose the ball. Vardy and Perez might be able to, but can Tielemans & Maddison? 

We need to sign another number 8

To play alongside Tielemans or cover for injuries.

Just now, Simoken said:

Is he really that good though...? I cant say i feel excited about this :/

He's a technically brilliant footballer. Consistency has always been his problem. I think his versatility is a big draw. If you have him on the bench he can come on to replace 4 or 5 different pkayers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No way are Fuchs, Morgan and Albrighton leaving.

I’d be surprised if Gray was allowed to leave and can’t see Amartey leaving unless on loan.

I'm pretty sure they weren't saying they're leaving. That's how I read it at first, as well. I think they were saying "Leaving...(those players) ... trying to get in the team and sell the rest."

• Like 3

Just now, Simoken said:

Is he really that good though...? I cant say i feel excited about this :/

He scored 12 goals last season in the Prem with a team that was massively defensive. What is not to like?  How many goals did our wingers score combined last season?

• Like 4