Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Fancy Brendan has more than one tactical plan in his mind, judging by this signing, unless he views Perez as competition for Maddison?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fancy Brendan has more than one tactical plan in his mind, judging by this signing, unless he views Perez as competition for Maddison?

As mentioned I think Perez will be our flexible friend. 

17 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Decent player but absolutely no idea where he fits into our starting 11. A wide player he most certainly isn't.

If he plays at 10 does that mean Madison isn't in the side?

We've seen spending a fortune on forwards and not playing them in their natural positions doesn't work with Slim and Musa.

You watch Newcastle or even just his highlights posted in this thread and you can see he's all over the shop and actually seems to start from wide more often than he doesn't. He's not a touch the byline and whip a cross in player, he's going to be more than comfortable in the wider / inside forward role cutting in. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Brendan did play with a diamond a lot when Liverpool finished 2nd under him.

He might be lining something up like;

Vardy Perez

Maddison

Tielemans Choudhury 

Ndidi

Yummy. Ben and Ricky flying up and down the wings. Would imagine Perez would be slightly withdrawn, but looks

Image result for borat nice

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy Perez

Maddison

Tielemans Choudhury 

Ndidi

Or the same formation but Barnes behind Vardy and Perez and Maddison alongside Tielemans with Ndidi or Choudhury running the door. It's pure sauce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy Perez

Maddison

Tielemans Choudhury 

Ndidi

Or...

------------------------Vardy------------------------

---Barnes--Maddison--Tielemans---Perez---

------------------------N'didi------------------------

Either way, this is why I can't see us going after a £30-50m winger as well. Already got Gray and Albrighton not getting into this formation. With Chilwell and Ricardo loving to bomb forward and overlap, I think that gives us the width too in either formation. Barnes, Gray and Albrighton will be limited to very few games if we do sign another winger. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or the same formation but Barnes behind Vardy and Perez and Maddison alongside Tielemans with Ndidi or Choudhury running the door. It's pure sauce.

I'm not convinced Rodgers is keen on Ndidi, he was rarely subbed before Rodgers arrived but he took him off quite often, he wants more reliable passer in that position to mix the play up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Or...

------------------------Vardy------------------------

---Barnes--Maddison--Tielemans---Perez---

------------------------N'didi------------------------

Or...433 rather than 4141?

Vardy    
Perez       Barnes
  Tielemans Maddison
    Ndidi    
Edited by Merchant_Banker
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Or...?

Vardy    
Perez       Barnes
  Tielemans Maddison
    Ndidi    

Not sure which is Perez's strongest side to be honest but always thought Barnes was better on the left. Team is shaping up to be very flexible though and should have a decent enough bench too, although how decent will depend on players like Gray and Iheanacho and how they respond to BR. Last chance 6 months for either IMO.

6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Or...433 rather than 4141?

Vardy    
Barnes / Albrighton       Ayoze / Gray
  Maddison Tielemans
    Ndidi    

I reckon it's that formation but looking more like this, based on where players tended to play last season.

But Rodgers has shown to be quite flexible. 343 against Watford in his first match, and going 4231 with Ndidi and Choudhury against teams in Europe. I think Ayoze's versatility is again useful here as he could fulfil a number of roles. I'm already looking forward to seeing the preseason games to see what tactics are tried. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Can Barnes play no.10? don't recall seeing him play there for city although my memory aint what it was.

He played a few games centrally for WBA so he has some experience there, but he's definitely a winger first and foremost.