Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I love a "potential line ups" chat.  Does something to my very soul.  Looks like we have lots of exciting options.  Top 6 definite possibilty.  X

I think we are a TOP winger and a very good back-up striker away from being genuine top 6 contenders. 

Otherwise we will be relying on players like Gray, Barnes and Iheanacho to make a BIG step up in performances and consistency. 

If Vardy got injured for example, I think we would really struggle to maintain a top 6 push with Iheanacho in attack.

Lots of time left in the window though and early signs are very promising. I also have faith that BR will get more out of players than before. How much will be key in terms of players like Gray and Iheanacho. 

• Like 2

30 mill seems a bit much but I guess it is the market we're in nowadays

when the likes of Danny Ings are going for 20 mill everyone is trying to squeeze top dollar out of it. Surprised we've gone there first rather than trying to get Youri over the line though

would rather have tried to see if Brahimi would come on a free

49 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm not convinced Rodgers is keen on Ndidi, he was rarely subbed before Rodgers arrived but he took him off quite often, he wants more reliable passer in that position to mix the play up.

I agree and the thing is (dons tin hat) Choudry played better than Ndidi in those occasions. He has a great pass on him, into forward areas too I think our midfield will be 

Barnes Choudry Tiellmans Perez (mostly) unless we sign a class left winger too 

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Are people really moaning about this . I Can’t recall the last time we bought a Premier League player from a team who is considered one of their better players and not been relegated. Getting this guy from Newcastle shows how far we have come as a club when in the past most of the premier players we have got were on frees, a relegated clubs, fringe players  or in the twilight of their career .

Albrighton? 

44 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Can Barnes play no.10? don't recall seeing him play there for city although my memory aint what it was.

38 minutes ago, Xen said:

He played a few games centrally for WBA so he has some experience there, but he's definitely a winger first and foremost.

He played as a number 10 at wba most games before December and was successful there, more successful I'd say. See https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288766/Live/England-Championship-2018-2019-West-Bromwich-Albion-Bristol-City for an example. He then moved to the wing around December time. I assumed because we asked wba to do that since we had Maddison. He was on fire in the number 10 role. He'd also often be very quiet when playing on the wing until he was given licence to roam in a number 10 role when he'd make space to receive the ball and usually assist or score. He was playing as a number 10 in the u23s too. I'd say he's a number 10 who's been converted into a winger. I much prefer him as a number 10 but I'm not sure he'll get a chance there.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I agree and the thing is (dons tin hat) Choudry played better than Ndidi in those occasions. He has a great pass on him, into forward areas too I think our midfield will be 

Barnes Choudry Tiellmans Perez (mostly) unless we sign a class left winger too 

I think N'didi is too good to be kept out of our team. Yes he isn't a great passer but his stats for his defensive work are outrageous and he will do an incredible job of shielding the back 4 while allowing us to play a very attacking style. A player like him will be needed with the likes of Maddison, Perez and Tielemans playing in front of him. Choudary can potentially do that role too eventually but needs more time IMO and even then, will struggle to match N'didi's defensive qualities. 

Just now, Christoph said:

For someone who can't be arsed to go through 24 pages is this more or less confirmed then? What tier source are we talking here? 

Lots of legit journalist talk of medical today and fee of £30m agreed. Moving too fast and too many good sources now to be just a rumour. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Subbed at half time v Arsenal as they had gone down to 10 men and as such didn’t really need him and Choudhury both on the pitch and with Choudhury being a bit more creative Ndidi was the obvious choice to sub

Also pretty sure Wilf was on a booking at the time and was close to giving away a free kick before HT which would've resulted in a second yellow. Think Rodgers saw the risk and knew the ref would be looking to even things up given any chance. Solid decision from BR, that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Lots of legit journalist talk of medical today and fee of £30m agreed. Moving too fast and too many good sources now to be just a rumour. 

I was told yesterday he met our medical team when he was in Leicester but couldn't back it up from secondary source, which is what journalists usually try and do.

Baffling if people think this deal is still a "rumour" lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christoph said:

For someone who can't be arsed to go through 24 pages is this more or less confirmed then? What tier source are we talking here? 

Thats not how it works around here mate. You have to read every last post however pointless that might seem

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Christoph said:

@Ashley has gone from designing and leaking new shirts to leaking transfers. Living legend ;) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think we are a TOP winger and a very good back-up striker away from being genuine top 6 contenders. 

Otherwise we will be relying on players like Gray, Barnes and Iheanacho to make a BIG step up in performances and consistency. 

If Vardy got injured for example, I think we would really struggle to maintain a top 6 push with Iheanacho in attack.

Lots of time left in the window though and early signs are very promising. I also have faith that BR will get more out of players than before. How much will be key in terms of players like Gray and Iheanacho. 

I think it's just another winger we need as far as the attacking half of the pitch goes. Agreed about Nacho but if the worst was to happen to Vardy, I'd be happy with Perez playing up top. And when Vardy is fit, Perez on the right. 

Sarr would be my shout as he could operate mostly on the left but if vardy was injured, we have a choice between him and Perez to cover in the no.9 role. 

• Like 2

All these formations with no natural wingers look nice on paper, but deep down i’d rather we persist with the 4-3-3, sign a quality left footed right winger and use Perez as a versatile impact sub. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

@Ashley has gone from designing and leaking new shirts to leaking transfers. Living legend ;) 

It's how it should be done. New name out of nowhere and boom, pretty much done inside few days of posting! No teasing or intentional vagueness. Hats off on this one!

Ashley = ITK. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

-He didn’t score 10 goals as a winger though

True, he played behind a target man striker, drifts out to the left and mostly to the right and if you see him play is quite fluid as he drops deeper, ala Maddison to find positions. Its just at Newcastle they were quite a defensive set-up and didnt get many forward. For me, I dont like this idea we play two out and out wingers like Barnes and Gray all the time. I really prefer we play three in midfield and have creators around who can get wide and are fluid. I say that because I think Hamza and Ndidi should start for us with Tielemans (if signed) as we play much better with a 3 in MC because it allows our attacking full-backs to bomb on. They dont do it as much with out and out wingers.

Kasper

Riccardo - Benkovic - Maguire - Chilwell

Tielemans - Ndidi - Hamza

Ayoze - Vardy - Maddison

We seem very light weight with wingers so this mad obsession with us adding another one makes little sense when we have the full-backs we have.

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think it's just another winger we need as far as the attacking half of the pitch goes. Agreed about Nacho but if the worst was to happen to Vardy, I'd be happy with Perez playing up top. And when Vardy is fit, Perez on the right. 

Sarr would be my shout as he could operate mostly on the left but if vardy was injured, we have a choice between him and Perez to cover in the no.9 role. 

TOP winger with the ability to play as a striker ticks the boxes for sure. Also solves the issue that if Vardy does stay fit all season, we don't have a top striker on the bench getting disillusioned with his move. Sarr is a good choice and agree on Perez able to cover too. Iheanacho would take a monumental turn-around to come good IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I completely agree. Vards, Sarr, Perez and nacho as our forward options would be great while having lots of wide forward options. Watched Senegal the other day where sarr scored a great goal but played both sides and drifted into the middle which is just what we need and scared the hell out of the full backs with pace and good movement. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I agree to a point. I think we're lacking in depth in central midfield. We've got numbers, but I don't think the required quality is there. If we're playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, we're going to need 2 creative CMs in the XI. Maddison is one. We may get Tielemans, but even if we do, we'll need some backup. Choudhury might be able to do a job there, but I think we'll need at least one more. I wouldn't feel confident relying on any of Silva, King or James, really.

• Like 1