Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

There is Mendy too but limited in attack of course. I think we will get Tielemans and also think Choudary will be able to do a job in there. BR needs to get the balance right as if we sign too many players, that could disrupt the balance and hold back players like Choudary, Barnes etc. 

N'didi, Choudary and Mendy battling for the sitting DCM role

Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Choudary competing for the more attacking CM roles

Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, Perez and *New signing, fighting for the wider roles

I think that is pretty strong tbh and also keeps the squad balance, continuity and morale high, even if the starting 11 manages to play most the 38 games together. The key for me though is the *New signing. It really needs to be a TOP player in the £30-40m bracket that can ideally play out wide and as back-up striker. Get that signing right, and we are well on our way to pushing the top 6 IMO.

I think you might be right. Hadn't really considered that Perez could fill in at CM. I think I'd still like one more creative-type CM as an upgrade on King, James and Silva. Ideally a young player who is happy being a squad player. Maybe it's not crucial, though.

I didn't mention Mendy as I only see him playing DM, really. Decent backup for Ndidi, but wouldn't want to rely on him to be backup for Maddison or Tielemans.

I think Perez could be the winger/backup striker we're supposed to be getting. I think he'll be a good signing. I know people will have wanted better, but I reckon he'll improve the first team on the wing, and the squad by filling the void in the backup striker department. I just hope people don't hold their breath for another big money signing in attack after Perez.

If we can get YT, Perez, a decent CB if Maguire leaves and one more playmaker CM as backup, then I'm very happy. A top class winger on top of all that would be welcome, but I think it might be a bit greedy.

The fee is because he's Newcastle's best attacking player and they really rely on him, but also let's remember he's a proven premier league player.

He has proven he has end product; something that Gray for example has not shown and we'd be talking about similar figures for him?

At least its not a gamble like with a player who has impressed overseas but not here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Yea it's my figures that are correct.

But let him have his moment I think it's because I have t added the 15%sell on fee

I think it was more that people thought you meant £20M and not £2M

Sell Maguire for £90M and buy 2 players for £70M. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The fee is because he's Newcastle's best attacking player and they really rely on him, but also let's remember he's a proven premier league player.

He has proven he has end product; something that Gray for example has not shown and we'd be talking about similar figures for him?

At least its not a gamble like with a player who has impressed overseas but not here.

Fair points and also probably cost a bit more just to get it done early and in time for preseason. That can have a huge benefit for the player and manager in general. 

Hoping Tielemans will be sorted soon too as I genuinely think he wants to come and it's just a matter of negotiating the figure now with Monaco

Just now, Mehrez said:

Mercury now reporting we triggered a release clause at £30m so will become our record signing, for now atleast.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/update-ayoze-perez-newcastle-forward-3048483

Admire the aggression but could be seen as a bit of a lazy bid and might push up the valuation of other targets

Just now, The People's Hero said:

I'm speaking with no knowledge of the deal here, but I'd doubt its £30million in full upfront?

Its probably backloaded with things like European qualification etc?

It depends. If we've triggered his release clause I'd imagine it would have to be the full fee

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Mercury now reporting we triggered a release clause at £30m so will become our record signing, for now atleast.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/update-ayoze-perez-newcastle-forward-3048483

The slightly inflated fee makes sense then. He has apparently been wanting a move since last year. To get a big signing like this done ready in time for pre-season, is good business really. 

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

16m up front with various add ons to get to 27ish million - the 30m figure quoted is euros.

That sounds more reasonable and more like the way we do business.

I personally think he's a good signing at £16mn. Very hard worker and some end product. Goals from out wide. Vardy and him hassling will be a joy to behold. The front press could really be back.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

Good points mate.

If we do persist with a formation with no wingers I think a few things need to happen:

Choudhury as DM

Controversial maybe, however when he plays in the DM role he naturally likes to sit deep, even alongside the CB’s. Whereas Ndidi likes to be everywhere on the pitch. With Choudhury’s inclusion we can transition between a 3 at the back and the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond variants.

60-70% possession most games

Whether we can do that is another matter, but that will be Brendan’s aim.

Aggressive high press

We’ll need our forward players applying pressure as soon as we lose the ball. Vardy and Perez might be able to, but can Tielemans & Maddison? 

We need to sign another number 8

To play alongside Tielemans or cover for injuries.

Brendan Rodgers is not aiming for 70% possession in this league. :P

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm speaking with no knowledge of the deal here, but I'd doubt its £30million in full upfront?

Its probably backloaded with things like European qualification etc?

Nacho to score twenty in a season ? 

Smart move. Forget about the fee.

Will put pressure on Maddison to up his game as he can play the 10 role.

Can play out wide, albeit not as a traditional winger, but actually comfortable on the ball and has a goal in him too - something we are lacking with our current batch.

Plus he has decent link up play, which would work well alongside Maddison and Tielemans (hopefully if he signs). 

Pretty happy without going over board. 

As for the fee, in line with the price of inflation especially in the PL it isn't too bad. We paid over £20 million for Maddison and his highest level at the time was a mid championship side. 

Just now, filbertway said:

A club massively overpaying for a player that will contribute very little to the team. This has Congerton all over it

I think he'll contribute a fair bit to the team.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

16m up front with various add ons to get to 27ish million - the 30m figure quoted is euros.

Not meaning to sound simple but when we do these deals... in what context are they implying "add ons"? 

Are we saying for example another £10m if we qualify into Europe, £4m for 50+ appearances etc?

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Not meaning to sound simple but when we do these deals... in what context are they implying "add ons"? 

Are we saying for example another £10m if we qualify into Europe, £4m for 50+ appearances etc?

What struck me was, does the buy out (Which we have allegedly triggered) get triggered on the inital sum or total payment after add-ons? Presumably the former unless add-ons are guaranteed somehow

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

A club massively overpaying for a player that will contribute very little to the team. This has Congerton all over it

If he scores 12 goals for us like he did last season then how will he not be contributing? Seems like it's £16million up front too, not straight up £30m

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

From my understanding, can really be as simple as that

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Sounds better. If we end up paying all those add ons i’d imagine it’ll mainly be because the lad’s been a success here, so win-win.

Obviously no clue what these add ons are or how they work mind you.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

What struck me was, does the buy out (Which we have allegedly triggered) get triggered on the inital sum or total payment after add-ons? Presumably the former unless add-ons are guaranteed somehow

As soon as I saw buy-out clause, I just assumed that we would have to pay the £30million up front or at very least, in agreed instalments. Can't see how we can trigger a release clause but offer the total sum to include performance add-ons. Imagine the release clause might be the bogus info 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That’s the spirit Filbo give congerton and Perez a hard time before the inks dry ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1