Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

£16 million is a steal. Obviously could be add-ons as mentioned but they come if he does well, so can't complain!

Great business and £40million for Tielemans is what was expected so no shock there either way. Buzzing with these two!

Interesting Percy says BR sees Perez as support/competition for Vardy, so imagine he sees him as a striker or no.10 rather than winger. 

Would love us to sign ONE more player, either a CM or TOP winger, but I'm just being greedy

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm not convinced Rodgers is keen on Ndidi, he was rarely subbed before Rodgers arrived but he took him off quite often, he wants more reliable passer in that position to mix the play up.

I think the same but if BR wants to play a diamond formation with Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Vardy and AN Other ahead of Ndidi and Chilwell and Ricardo expected to be providing width we're going to need a holding midfielder with Ndidi's qualities above all else. 

Just now, Gerard said:

I think the same but if BR wants to play a diamond formation with Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Vardy and AN Other ahead of Ndidi and Chilwell and Ricardo expected to be providing width we're going to need a holding midfielder with Ndidi's qualities above all else. 

Didn't he have the best tackling stats in the league last season. I think he's class. A bit careless with his passing at times but he's still young

• Like 2

Looks like could be...

------------------------Kasper-----------------------

Ricardo------Evans-------Maguire------Chilwell

------------------------N'didi--------------------------

---------Maddison---Tielemans---Barnes-------

--------------------Perez-----------------------------

----------------------------Vardy---------------------

Subs - Ward, Soyuncu, J. James, Choudary, Albrighton, Gray, Iheanacho 

Cover - Benkovic, Mendy, Fuchs, Morgan, Amartey

Would love us to get either a CM or winger in but if players can stay fit and Barnes excels, then looks a very decent team with plenty of cover. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Brendan did play with a diamond a lot when Liverpool finished 2nd under him.

He might be lining something up like;

Vardy Perez

Maddison

Tielemans Choudhury 

Ndidi

I’m sure Brendan quoted somewhere that this season he will have the versatility of playing more formations to vary against different sides, so would expect this at some point but with a new number 8.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Looks like could be...

------------------------Kasper-----------------------

Ricardo------Evans-------Maguire------Chilwell

------------------------N'didi--------------------------

---------Maddison---Tielemans---Barnes-------

--------------------Perez-----------------------------

----------------------------Vardy---------------------

Subs - Ward, Soyuncu, J. James, Choudary, Albrighton, Gray, Iheanacho 

Cover - Benkovic, Mendy, Fuchs, Morgan, Amartey

Would love us to get either a CM or winger in but if players can stay fit and Barnes excels, then looks a very decent team with plenty of cover. 

Can't imagine Benkovic will be cover. He'll be ahead of Soyuncu in the pecking order and probably be ahead of Evans if Maguire doesn't go.

14 minutes ago, Goober said:

£16m release clause according to Percy.

Wonder if this was a little parting shot from Benitez, tell another manager about a release clause that wasn’t known.

Liverpool connection when picking a manager.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Can't imagine Benkovic will be cover. He'll be ahead of Soyuncu in the pecking order and probably be ahead of Evans if Maguire doesn't go.

Evans was our best CB last season but Benkovic over Soyuncu is a fair point. I just haven't seen enough of either to judge, but both came very highly rated. 

Still think Evans will start most games if fit though. Reads the game so well 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Didn't he have the best tackling stats in the league last season. I think he's class. A bit careless with his passing at times but he's still young

His passing stats aren’t even that bad, 79.9% pass completion so 1 misplaced pass out of 5. Maddison only has a 83.8% pass completion, creative midfield players tend to average around 85%

I think because it has been made out to be his biggest weakness, he makes a bad pass and everyone jumps on it

At 22, he has plenty of time to work on it

Just now, moore_94 said:

His passing stats aren’t even that bad, 79.9% pass completion so 1 misplaced pass out of 5. Maddison only has a 83.8% pass completion, creative midfield players tend to average around 85%

I think because it has been made out to be his biggest weakness, he makes a bad pass and everyone jumps on it

At 22, he has plenty of time to work on it

Madness that he's only 22. His sell on value will be huge. I think maybe the nature of his position means that if he loses the ball in generally puts us in real danger