Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mullet1

Are we done now

23 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I know they're looking at various options so I would be very surprised if we didn't sign anyone else.

My pleasure, anytime!

Any idea/ are you willing to reveal who these various options are?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course he is!  

And  then he’ll meet you at the job centre tomorrow!

To be fair, I have no idea who this fella is or what he does for a living. I know he is reliable in terms of the info he has but that's as far as it goes. 

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We'd cope. So many what if's. What if we had a squad of 40? We can't keep buying without selling. It's fans that are saying we are going all out, the club uses terms more akin to gradually building a successful and self sustainable club. They will have a professional and considered business model that they will stick to regardless of the whims of armchair supporters sat with their cheesy wotsits scratching their bollocks whilst musing over next player video clip or media rumour. ?

I was completely with you until you started insulting the poster and not the post. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

FFP usually works as a net over X seasons. You can get away with splurging in a lump if you make profit in other years within the rolling period. 

It's possible we see this season as the right time to make a loss, invest to grow, basically, maybe intending to sell one or two of these assets next year or the year after if a push to break the top four/six doesn't pay off. 

Or maybe we're just about to sell Maguire for a world record fee for a defender. Who knows? 

I think this is pretty much on the money.

If everything works out and we get Europa League (or better) then the increased revenue will pay for this summer's transfers, or at least pay for the 'overspend' as far as FFP is concerned. If not then the majority of our squad are young and their value is only increasing, so a single sale is likely to bring in £50m+ and balance the books.

Not to mention, we have a lot of unnecessary players in the squad who could be moved on for nominal fees to make a slight dent in that figure. Even just moving on players like Gray, Silva and Mendy would net us at least £30m, not to mention Slimani, Iheanacho, Ghezzal etc...

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I was completely with you until you started insulting the poster and not the post. 

Wasn't insulting the poster I was generalising. This blaset attitude to suddenly finding 30-50 million for another player is a bit nieve I think. Regardless of transfer fee money to be recouped, how much do you think the combined wages of Silva, Slimani, King, James, Diabate, Iheanacho and others are together with all the other players who may be deemed surplus to requirements.  Now add the wages to our three new aquisitions and before sales you have an unsustainable business model. Players names are blurted out on the evidence of video clips and media gossip with very little empirical knowledge behind it. 30 to 50 million is spoken of as if peanuts whereas the professionals at our club will rightly scrutinise every million. Business before football and entertainment, it has to be that way.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

To be fair, I have no idea who this fella is or what he does for a living. I know he is reliable in terms of the info he has but that's as far as it goes. 

He’s Geoff, the man that writes in the papers, I can’t remember specifically.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Tiellemans signed.so....... weve signed a player we all ready had a Newcastle squadman  and a young kid from league one.Now they are ringing RL up saying top 4 !! Lets hope we can sign a quality striker to complement Jamie Vardy and eventually push him for his place.Top half! People forget that Wolves, Everton, West ham and Watford will be strengthening as well. That's before you even get to the top 6 teams.

I think you have got yourself into the wrong way of thinking.  We already have signed a quality striker in perez.

Some people see quality as player must come from a big successful club or something.

Perez I see as a Ulloa type signing, not a high profile player but will do the business.  His conversion stats are almost on par with Vardy, he should be an excellent back up striker providing he fits into our way of playing.

Ulloa was massively underated by a lot of people on here for reasons beyond me (probably his age, as people here are obsessed with age).  Hopefully perez doesnt get the same treatment if he performs as well as ulloa did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not a risk .....

no one is finishing above Man City 

our max max aim is top 4 

probably best if we try for 40 points to begin with ..........

Been there before.

Edited by PaulW

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

If the aspirations to break the top 6 are real then a quality winger who can hit double figures in terms of goals is required still imo.

Agreed & in my opinion we still need 2 more signings.

Another winger who can get the numbers like @henrik_62 has stated. But also for squad depth I think we need another number 8.

If either YT or Madders pull up for a few weeks I think we need to have a creative option available to step in. I know people will say Hamza has played there but for me right now he’s still cover for Ndidi. Maybe someone like Callum McGregor? He won’t break the bank but gives our squad so much more depth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodsey1727 said:

I think we are nearly there, just buy a winger then sell players that are surplus 

I think we should be more concerned about losing players that aren't surplus. The window is still open and vultures are still circling.