Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mullet1

Are we done now

I'm more eager to see 3 or 4 go to be honest. I think Perez is our right winger and we've plenty of good back up options there. Even if Maguire goes we've surely got to give CS and FB first dibs.

• Like 1

I think we will if we shift some dead wood. Still got Slimani, Silva, King, James, Ghezzal and possibly Mendy & Kalechi. 

We could recoup around £30-40m if we managed to get rid of all of them and free up around 300k in wages and then I believe we would make one more signing. If not Rodgers will be happy, and so will I. 

• Like 1

Guest bss9401
19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we can just sign Kante I think we'll win the league

Or we could just play Ndidi on the right wing. Worked for Sarri  :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Last year of Vards being a 20 goal a season striker (probably), a few players wanting moves come the end of the season. It all screams... if you can do it, then now is the moment.

He's got 2 or 3 years in his legs yet. Late bloomer and a wiry fooker

18 minutes ago, MrMean said:

To be honest if we are playing...

Barns____vardys_____perez

Maddison____telemens

Ndidi

Chilly__magiure___evans__ricardo

Kasper 

I dont think barns is ready and would like to see another big signing to replace him. (If we dont get another person I wouldn't be that annoyed)

This is 100% my thoughts. 

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We need a quality striker still, Perez isn’t a striker he is a player who helps your strikers and chips in with some goals basically like Shinji but with goals 

I think he'd be capable of playing striker in our 433 as long as we have wingers that can hit the back of the net. I think the most similar player to Perez in the Premier league is Firmino. If I'm going to use a football hipster term he'd be playing as a false 9, dropping off from the striker position to receive the ball into feet with the intention of dragging defenders out of position and creating space for on running wingers.

I think he'll be rotated with Vardy depending on the opposition. Against deep-lying teams like Burnley and Newcastle, I could see Perez being more effective than Vardy. 

A winger who has a high goal scoring record would be ideal. The more players we have who regularly chip in with goals, the less reliant we are on Vardy. I get those who want to sign a striker, and I can see the sense in it as Iheanacho probably has just 6 months to salvage his career here, but if Vardy stays fit, then rightly so will play every league game and that would mean very little game time for a new striker. I think we will be OK until January with Vardy, Perez and Iheanacho AND if we do sign a goal scoring winger and we get more goals from midfield, which is more likely with players like Maddison and Tielemans.

Splash out on a top quality winger and address the striker situation in January, if needed! 

Just now, Corky said:

How does it all work with FFP? 

FFP usually works as a net over X seasons. You can get away with splurging in a lump if you make profit in other years within the rolling period. 

It's possible we see this season as the right time to make a loss, invest to grow, basically, maybe intending to sell one or two of these assets next year or the year after if a push to break the top four/six doesn't pay off. 

Or maybe we're just about to sell Maguire for a world record fee for a defender. Who knows? 

37 minutes ago, MrMean said:

To be honest if we are playing...

Barns____vardys_____perez

Maddison____telemens

Ndidi

Chilly__magiure___evans__ricardo

Kasper 

I dont think barns is ready and would like to see another big signing to replace him. (If we dont get another person I wouldn't be that annoyed)

I’ve thought for a while Brendan will opt for a 4-3-3 with a high press forward line if he thinks he can get a tune out of Gray maybe we wouldn’t need another winger but I think we’ll get one 

I actually think that we may have only just started our spending spree and can see us bringing in another two or three players. I think Brendan wants to put his stamp on this team so will be looking at various options to ensure that we have the strength in depth required to compete this season. 

As great as Tielemans signing is (and it's unbelievable) the only actual improvements we've made on last season are an unproven right back (albeit with lots of potential) and a versatile front man whose stats suggest will add a further 10 goals a season to the team.

Having listened to one of Brendan's recent interviews he mentioned his desire to add more goals to the team so I can see us bringing in another attacking midfielder at the very least. There's been lots of talk about us adding another number eight, so think we'll be looking to bring in someone to cover for Youri. Furthermore I think we may also be keeping tabs on a few striker's however this in my view is likely to be lowest on the priority list as I think Brendan will feel he can possibly get something out of Iheanacho this season. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FFP usually works as a net over X seasons. You can get away with splurging in a lump if you make profit in other years within the rolling period. 

It's possible we see this season as the right time to make a loss, invest to grow, basically, maybe intending to sell one or two of these assets next year or the year after if a push to break the top four/six doesn't pay off. 

Or maybe we're just about to sell Maguire for a world record fee for a defender. Who knows? 

Yes, just read a post on Trav's thread about FFP which makes it clearer. I think we'll sell Maguire and probably recoup a bit from Silva and Slimani.