Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

13 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Eh, I'm less excited by it tbh - if we didn't have Adrien Silva sitting in the squad (or looked like we were going to get money in the £15-20m vicinity for him), I'd be a bit happier, but it feels like we're spending more money than we'd need to on a player who's likely to be third choice in his best position. For me, Adrien Silva could do that role to at least a comparable level, and wouldn't cost us eight figures and god knows what in additional wages (yes, he'll still be on decent wages, but we're paying those anyway, might as well play him!). Can't help but feel we could be better investing that money elsewhere in the squad. Happy to be proved wrong though, and if he does come through the door I'm sure he'll do a job, just feels a bit steep. A loan deal for me is the best option here.

Quite clearly Silva can’t.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's a softer and slightly longer sound than the hard sound in pratt. 

The interviewer says it straight away here. 

We're pissing in the wind hoping for Leicester fans to introduce any subtlety or nuance in their pronunciation of his name. Or any name. Or anything.

He will be known as either Dennis Prate or Dennis Prat - it's just a question of which.

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I hope he can come in and play instead of Madders. Madders is good but not great. He can do with more competition. Madders is too wasteful with his corner and free kicks so it would also be good for others to take a turn (eg. Barnes and Albrighton).

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Quite clearly Silva can’t.

Eh. The guy's barely played for us a dozen times. For whatever reason Puel didn't rate him, but from what little I saw of him he didn't look like such a complete write-off I'd spunk north of 20 million quid just to replace him as the third-choice central midfielder.

Just now, Saxondale said:

We're pissing in the wind hoping for Leicester fans to introduce any subtlety or nuance in their pronunciation of his name. Or any name. Or anything.

I tried for Yuki Abe's entire tenure here to convince people that singing he ate dogs didn't make any sense. 

I'm well aware he's going to be Dennis Pratt. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I hope he can come in and play instead of Madders. Madders is good but not great. He can do with more competition. Madders is too wasteful with his corner and free kicks so it would also be good for others to take a turn (eg. Barnes and Albrighton).

I agree, do you reckon we could get Man Utd to take him off our hands for about £20m?

:revenge:

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

image.png.1e2903621b9a36e2c3fbf4a07daa49c6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

What an utterly bizarre opinion. 

• Like 1

One thing to say about Silva - it was bad enough that he lost 4 months of his career, but if he got the Puel-treatment, as alluded to by Andy King, it is not going to have been very much fun for him psychologically. 

It doesn't necessarily excuse or explain his poor form, but it might have contributed more than somewhat.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

One thing to say about Silva - it was bad enough that he lost 4 months of his career, but if he got the Puel-treatment, as alluded to by Andy King, it is not going to have been very much fun for him psychologically. 

It doesn't necessarily excuse or explain his poor form, but it might have contributed more than somewhat.

Don't normally agree with you (cos I HATE your contact pic!) But you're absolutely spot-on here! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4ad837697a724a4d

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

After the 14 second debacle, waiting 6 months, then not even regularly playing, it is probably best for all parties at this point for Silva to find a new club, that way he gets a fresh start and we can focus on the future

Sounded like he got a lot more confident and happy when he was away from the club and at Monaco, probably just views the club personally as a low point in his career and life, especially if he got the Puel treatment, wouldn’t blame him if he is wanting to leave

28 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

JIm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, 49er said:

What has be actually contributed during this period

A hell of a lot more than any one on this bloody forum.

Edited by Cujek
Missing word

39 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

525EB7B9-3605-4466-8EAD-07009F928251.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Eh. The guy's barely played for us a dozen times. For whatever reason Puel didn't rate him, but from what little I saw of him he didn't look like such a complete write-off I'd spunk north of 20 million quid just to replace him as the third-choice central midfielder.

14 games and two managers that didn’t rate him.

Your opinion that he will be third choice, plenty on here think all three will play in the same team regularly.

You also need to realise that £20m is no longer a lot of money for PL teams.

42 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Maddison improved massively with Tielemans in the team, likely to improve again with a full season under his belt and Praet feeding him. Barnes and Albrighton won’t be playing that regularly.

45 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

double facepalm.png

47 minutes ago, Tom12345 said: