Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

Just now, TrentFox said:

Pr-art according to Dorsett ... who claims to have actually asked the question re pronunciation. 

That’s what Stringer used to always say and he still didn’t have a clue - I’m sure he just used to make it up, especially Mendy’s first name. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

That’s what Stringer used to always say and he still didn’t have a clue - I’m sure he just used to make it up, especially Mendy’s first name. 

Not as bad as pleat claiming he discovered     Jo a kim lollollol

3 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I can see Mendy fighting his way back into the managers plans, like albrighton

I like Mendy but he's got two younger and arguably better players ahead of him in the pecking order for the one midfield position he can play. With Praet now coming in as another option for midfield that seemingly can cover multiple roles it doesn't really make sense to keep Mendy any longer, I think we'll see him move on.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think we'd line in either of those formations, but could well be wrong.

I'd expect it to look more like this:

Diamond.JPG.d02a74408514570c5eee5d5774660d9c.JPG

I posted it yesterday, but it was removed when the forum rolled back.

Liking this. With Albrighton and Barnes available to come off bench if things need changing around to give us width with the full backs playing deeper if defending a lead. Or start with them with Perez/Praet off the bench depending on how we want to set up against different sides (eg against the more attacking sides where the full backs would need to sit more).  We have so many options with quality to change things around to suit circumstances. this season is looking good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

This is why the signing of Youri Tielemans was so crucial to us. I'm willing to bet that Praet wouldn't have been interested unless we had Youri in the camp. I think there'll be other players in the future to who see the likes of YT here and that will help to attract them. Youri is the marquee signing in my mind.

One of the most important signings we’ve ever made IMO 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

This is why the signing of Youri Tielemans was so crucial to us. I'm willing to bet that Praet wouldn't have been interested unless we had Youri in the camp. I think there'll be other players in the future to who see the likes of YT here and that will help to attract them. Youri is the marquee signing in my mind.

Spot on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

you'd expect given their relationship they will have spoke about praet's proposed move, either youri calling and saying there is a good project going on here you should be part of it, or dennis calling youri and scoping out the club and see what the crack is and where the club is looking to go this season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Not as if there's a clutch of clubs competing for Praet though is there?

Just now, CyprusFox said:

Would be happy with that. 

Obviously we will have to judge games and performances after they happen to see if it's any good. But I think the idea is it gives us more options to break down teams that shut up shop at the KP.

In saying this, wait till he uses it against the top 6 teams instead! 

14 minutes ago, Tanya said:

If Praet is in the team and we set up as a diamond, who would be our goalscorers? I guess Vardy/Youri/Maddison/Perez will be our strikeforce?

That's exactly the reason. It is a formation that should get goals from every angle of the forward line. 

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think we'd line in either of those formations, but could well be wrong.

I'd expect it to look more like this:

Diamond.JPG.d02a74408514570c5eee5d5774660d9c.JPG

I posted it yesterday, but it was removed when the forum rolled back.

I expect Maddison would be free to roam to the flanks as well to create overloads

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Liking this. With Albrighton and Barnes available to come off bench if things need changing around to give us width with the full backs playing deeper if defending a lead. Or start with them with Perez/Praet off the bench depending on how we want to set up against different sides (eg against the more attacking sides where the full backs would need to sit more).  We have so many options with quality to change things around to suit circumstances. this season is looking good.

Let's take the Cardiff game at home last seasons where we huffed and puffed, missed a penalty and then conceded to a Camarasa stunner in the last minute. A typical Puel home performance!

I think this season play the diamond we will end up with 3 players defending - the centre halves and our defensive midfielder, and every other player pushed up to attack. I would imagine the idea with Tielemans, Praet and Maddison is that with three technical midfielders we can move the ball around very quickly to create spaces for Vardy and Perez to operate in, and you still get width from the fullbacks.

It's not a system to use every game, because against top teams we could get overrun in the middle of the park. So I think in other games, and away from home we probably go back to the tried and trusted 433.

Of course if Praet ends up being an incredible signing on the Tielemans level, then screw it, it might just be the diamond every game! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I expect Maddison would be free to roam to the flanks as well to create overloads

Yeah he might even have a free role of sorts in the system.

Here's what the system looked like for Liverpool:

3LMyc.jpg

Anyway it's all speculation at the moment. But that's my prediction for what we will see at times this season. I think even if Praet had been here for months that we wouldn't play the diamond against Wolves. They are a good technical team that will look to play and not just counter. We might use it against Sheffield United, but also might not use it properly until the Newcastle home game.

• Like 3