Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

Surely everyone knows he did very well considering the quality of opposition- exactly as expected- pretty much the same player every time he plays - solid enough and the odd bomb scare - I personally think he is decent - shame he is off for free - sh*t management from the club that one - could have been a 10yr stay and stalwart but the gaffer obviously has issues with him - pretty much coincided with the under signing and how crap he was - oh well onwards and upwards - maybe a few more games from him but pretty convinced we will sign a centre back in January or summer and let cags go - cheers mate but hey ho 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

Surely everyone knows he did very well considering the quality of opposition- exactly as expected- pretty much the same player every time he plays - solid enough and the odd bomb scare - I personally think he is decent - shame he is off for free - sh*t management from the club that one - could have been a 10yr stay and stalwart but the gaffer obviously has issues with him - pretty much coincided with the under signing and how crap he was - oh well onwards and upwards - maybe a few more games from him but pretty convinced we will sign a centre back in January or summer and let cags go - cheers mate but hey ho 👍

I felt a lot worse when Adams hounded Matt Elliott out - what a legend and player that man was - Cags is a passer by at best 

On 29/10/2022 at 16:36, Matt said:

I've been calling him to start all season but he's got a case of the Johnny Evans and/or decided to toe Rodgers' line, pure passes back to the Ward, was calling for him to be subbed at HT.

He was one of not many of our players passing exclusively backwards.

I thought Cags was better than that. Disappointed in him.

I have genuinely never seen anyone so outright disgusted with the notion of passing backwards. Get over it, I'm begging

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MPH said:

Rodgers has to be fair.  If he’s going to give Ward 15 or so games to get up to speed ( and he’s getting there tbf) then he has to give Soy the same time. Or at least more than 60 minutes.

otherwise people still start calling him a hypocrite and start thinking he has something personal against cags and might get annoyed that he’s allowing a personal problem overspill into team affairs..

.....you can see he has his favourites and he tend to marginalise players!!!

22 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The only reason he played was because Rodgers had no choice. No CBs on the bench. If Evans was fit or we played 4 at the back, Soyuncu will be back on the bench.

Could have easily put Castagne or Justin in at CB and Albrighton or Thomas at wing back - neither ideal, but he did have other choices.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....you can see he has his favourites and he tend to marginalise players!!!

So does every manager, ever! All managers have their first choice 11, all will then have 2-3 others who come in regularly or off the bench - the rest are played when they need to. It’s a normal part of being a football manager.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 16:36, Matt said:

I've been calling him to start all season but he's got a case of the Johnny Evans and/or decided to toe Rodgers' line, pure passes back to the Ward, was calling for him to be subbed at HT.

He was one of not many of our players passing exclusively backwards.

I thought Cags was better than that. Disappointed in him.

Probably because most forward balls he was playing were going out of play.

• Haha 2

He'd didn't do too bad considering fitness. Equally his distribution is slightly affected that on the left flank of the defence you have two right footed players, therefore the angles are cut down (funnily enough I think we had one left footer in the entire starting XI and he's the PL most one footed player). 

I did find the audible cheers for his name slightly odd - the old better players when they are on the bench theorem in execution there. 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I bet you love taking home your wages,because you are totally loyal & love your firm…

I have always understood the symbiotic relationship between the company I work for & myself. 

You are obviously judging me by your own low standards !

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I have always understood the symbiotic relationship between the company I work for & myself. 

You are obviously judging me by your own low standards !

Rock bottom, no drooling top,for me...

• 2 months later...

Very strange on the warn up yesterday that for a good chunk of it caga was being warmed up separately on his own away from the other subs with a single member of staff....

Looks as though they want to keep him away from the others, either he is off this window, or his attitude stinks and they don't want him spreading it onto the rest of the squad pre match 

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Very strange on the warn up yesterday that for a good chunk of it caga was being warmed up separately on his own away from the other subs with a single member of staff....

Looks as though they want to keep him away from the others, either he is off this window, or his attitude stinks and they don't want him spreading it onto the rest of the squad pre match 

I doubt he’d be in the squad if that was the case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Yeh I always get to the home matches early and watch the warm up. They’ve done that with him all season. He has a kick around with one of the coaches and isn’t included with the rest of the group. He does walk around with the team and applaud at the end. Very strange. 

On 30/10/2022 at 18:49, Dahnsouff said:

Cags not playing, Brendan’s a willy puller as Cags is clearly Maldini reborn

Cags playing, Brendan had a gun to his head

Its like Jackanory in here

lol 

Whatever Soyuncu is or isn't, even a half decent  Soyuncu is better than Amartey!  Rodgers not playing him out of pure stubbornness is detrimental to the team. Is he the answer to all our problems? Absolutely not, but he's a better choice than Amartey at centre back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I always get to the home matches early and watch the warm up. They’ve done that with him all season. He has a kick around with one of the coaches and isn’t included with the rest of the group. He does walk around with the team and applaud at the end. Very strange. 

I guess they have to have him on the beach because there is no one else, but he is essentially on gardening leave untill he's ****ed off them 

8 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I guess they have to have him on the beach because there is no one else, but he is essentially on gardening leave untill he's ****ed off them 

Surely you’d just draft in another youth player?