Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

I've been calling him to start all season but he's got a case of the Johnny Evans and/or decided to toe Rodgers' line, pure passes back to the Ward, was calling for him to be subbed at HT.

He was one of not many of our players passing exclusively backwards.

I thought Cags was better than that. Disappointed in him.

49 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Rodgers such an odious weasel in his post-match interview when asked about him.

The smart thing is to say he’s hit a new level in training and the change in shape presented an opportunity to bring him back in and that he did very well for 60 minutes. You might get him back onside and at your disposal for the few games up until the window at least.

He instead opted to say he needed another number in the back line, Evans wasn’t fit and Soyuncu was “happy to play” but that he “started to show he was tired”. Not really even willing to venture towards a bit of genuine praise.

I’ll have to see it back but it looked like when he was subbed Soyuncu looked away as he shook Rodgers’ hand as if he couldn’t stand him.

Yup make up scenarios.....there are two sides of the coin...

Last week he was praising him in training after carrying a long injury period...let's all cherry pick every fking incident & issue...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Rodgers such an odious weasel in his post-match interview when asked about him.

The smart thing is to say he’s hit a new level in training and the change in shape presented an opportunity to bring him back in and that he did very well for 60 minutes. You might get him back onside and at your disposal for the few games up until the window at least.

He instead opted to say he needed another number in the back line, Evans wasn’t fit and Soyuncu was “happy to play” but that he “started to show he was tired”. Not really even willing to venture towards a bit of genuine praise.

I’ll have to see it back but it looked like when he was subbed Soyuncu looked away as he shook Rodgers’ hand as if he couldn’t stand him.

I was looking at the reaction and he did not look at Rodgers

Looked like a player totally devoid of confidence and short of game time to me. Can't have helped with Brendan repeatedly turning away in disgust several times following dicky passes. Will need more than just 60 minutes on odd occasions if he's going to get anywhere near his best again. 

He is a total pro.

Despite BR claiming that he wasn't up to standarts, he's gone out there and done his best. 

This is a very difficult situation for a football player alienated by his coach.

Pity, for the all the love he's got for his club and service he offered, he should have been treated better.

We are not gonna see anymore of him.

He is a goner.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Maybe 1 a game of that! Out of all of our CBs he's the least progressive. 

Less progressive than Evans? Give over.

Cags is better when it comes to a long ball (based on an incredibly small sample size) but otherwise Amartey's progressive passing is better than his. 

• Like 1

Can’t slate him for coming in and doing what was asked of him after the way he’s been treated. 

I still think he should have been sold in the summer as its been clear since Spurs last season he’s not got a future here and isn’t going to reach his previous levels of performance. 

• Like 1

Every time Cags did something slightly iffy Rodgers looked like a bird had shit on his head. 

I watched Rodgers when Faes played the ball straight out of play and he didn't batter an eye lid. Ward, Justin etc did some fodgy stuff and he either applauded or chose to show no reaction. 

He really does hate Cags for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Caglar is ten times the man Little wee Brendan is and he knows it and hates it. 

Look at Caglars jawline vs Rodgers. One is chiselled from granite one the other has the profile of a rodent

If Brendan is envious of Cags physical attributes, I'm certain his jawline isn't top of his list :whistle:

8 hours ago, l444ry said:

Looked like a player totally devoid of confidence and short of game time to me. Can't have helped with Brendan repeatedly turning away in disgust several times following dicky passes. Will need more than just 60 minutes on odd occasions if he's going to get anywhere near his best again. 

Rodgers has to be fair.  If he’s going to give Ward 15 or so games to get up to speed ( and he’s getting there tbf) then he has to give Soy the same time. Or at least more than 60 minutes.

otherwise people still start calling him a hypocrite and start thinking he has something personal against cags and might get annoyed that he’s allowing a personal problem overspill into team affairs..

Edited by MPH

I really don’t know what some on here want from him , he hasn’t played all season , and he was not the only one going backwards , I think that was Rodgers plan to go back to the keeper as everyone done it , I thought he played well , if only the manager gave he more chances we would maybe be higher up the ladder 

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The only reason he played was because Rodgers had no choice. No CBs on the bench. If Evans was fit or we played 4 at the back, Soyuncu will be back on the bench.

Cags played better than Evans had most this season. I agree though, that it appears this was Cags taking one for the team, rather than a redemption.

• Like 1

I reckon too many posters are making a mountain out of a molehill....With the relationships between Cags>>Rodgers

and Praet>> Rodgers..

They are presently not first choice...:dunno: so what..

This forum over two years has criticised both of them( not me.!)

Now it's all Rodgers fault..

FT...loaded with cherry picking Dingbats.

• Thanks 1