Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

1 hour ago, Hinckleyfox said:

Yeah I get your point, but for me the ones you have mentioned have all been left out at times where their form has been poor. The Soyuncu one is a bit different because whilst he had his moments, his form has been OK (I;d say certainly better than Faes) so I just think the attitude thing could be something worth giving some credit to. 

LIke I said, I'm not saying that its not BR's doing, but at the minute it just seems like any story or non story out there is being levelled at him and not alot going at the players (except Danny Ward)

Don’t think Mendy or Praet have ever had a dramatic drop of form, the manager just doesn’t rate them. He’s happily ditched them more than once. 

Simple questions.

1. Who's judgement of a players talent/potential do you trust more, Rodgers or Simeone?

2. Has a top club come in for Amartey?

As Simeone has won the Europa league and la Liga twice and never finished outside of the top 3, l think

most people would give the same correct answers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dames said:

There is probably an element of truth to the fact that Cags probably sees himself at a bigger club and is disappointed he isn't there already but its scandalous that a manager that earns 10 million pounds a year cannot manage this situation and has essentially let a 50 million pound asset walk away for free because he's frozen him out for 2 seasons as he can't manage the situation.

And this is my major point on this issue…what top manager would cut off his clubs nose to spite their face…Whatever it is , Soyuncu still probably the best CB we have who can play..( Aussi-Scot exception. Too early to judge)

Hes had his blackouts,though not any worse than Van-Dyke, FTer just go OTT,over analysing mistakes,but he has had periods of shakey form…
He’s played in a top 6 side….US..!!

I still believe there is a great CB in him…Rodgers skills is to pull it out,and make the CB from a man….This will go down for me has the biggest of Rodgers failings,

because with Soyuncu other problems would of been solved. Maybe no top 6,but not relegation….Rodgers phylosophy on this alone, is totally screwed..

Wrong attitude in training as followed many a great player,but the top coaches know how to balance that out,through man-management coupled with team management…And Soyu unlike Suarez, doesn’t  have a tendency to bite people..

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, J. James said:

Simple questions.

1. Who's judgement of a players talent/potential do you trust more, Rodgers or Simeone?

As Simeone has won the Europa league and la Liga twice and never finished outside of the top 3, l think

Simeone / Atletico also signed Matt Doherty so lets not act like they don’t sign duffers

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, J. James said:

Simple questions.

Who’s that then

😂😂

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Simeone / Atletico also signed Matt Doherty so lets not act like they don’t sign duffers

My question was whose judgement on players is better not perfect- on the basis that Simeone has signed one possible duffer (he's been there a matter of weeks) in Doherty, then l believe Diego wins roughly 8-1.

I dont doubt he/ they have signed more dross but his results speak for themselves, as do Rodgers'.

Short memories from some. Yes, last season was generally poor from Cags but he had shown some signs of returning to form. People making out like he was utterly dreadful all season and the season before when it was only really the end of the season he started to struggle. He's hardly a 1 season wonder  Unfortunately, we only have Brendan's side of the story and if he doesn't want to play him because of his training performances then that's totally fair.

However, unless his attitude was crap (which Brendan says not) then the sheer amount of failed partnerships in that area of the pitch, along with injuries, means that it's inexcusable to have only given him 4 appearances.

all season. So if that's the stance, he had to be sold. Would have had plenty of interest at a cut price. And Brendan has so much control that it obviously would have been his decision to not sell him as he might need him.

The question we need to ask is anyone who plays ahead of him better?  I know he was criticised for his performances when trying to get Champions League and last season was certainly not his best but we did not let nearly as many goals in when he was in the team.  In fact, you can look at it and come to the conclusion that both Kasper and Cags have been a big miss this season when you see what we have had put up with.

Yes he made mistakes but he made less than Amartey and Faes when he was in the team and I think he has a much higher ceiling than Souttar.  I do not give a rats arse if he is off in the summer, the here and now is more important. Him with either Souttar or Evans would be our best central defensive partnership fr the rest of the season.

Get him back along with Iversen in goal and that to me looks a lot more sturdy at the back. Brendan needs to get his head out of his arse and rely on his best CB that he has at the club.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's hardly a 1 season wonder 

He is literally that + a brilliant FA Cup final performance. 

Granted, I still rate him highest out of our centre-back options, other than Evans. Haven't seen enough of Souttar, yet. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Simple questions.

Isn't Simeone leaving Atletico at the end of the season, does he care if Cags goes there or not?

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As much as I want to criticise Brendan at every turn - Caglar Soyuncu is the guy who RAN PAST Bale and then proceeded to run alongside him in a must win end of season game to qualify for the CL. He then (against the same opposition) a year later blatantly pulled out of a 50:50. 

Caglar Soyuncu is as dedicated to Leicester City as I am to sweeping the leaves in the drive way during Autumn. 

This one isnt all Brendan's fault. 

Add to that losing his head in the Bournemouth collapse when we finished 5th and losing his head in the 3-2 collapse to Spurs at home. 

2 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Add to that losing his head in the Bournemouth collapse when we finished 5th and losing his head in the 3-2 collapse to Spurs at home. 

And they were all Cags problems,on those occasions where the fk was Evans.

CB is a partnership..In those losing his head,and imploding,just has he many times before saved a situation,Evans got a maniac Red card,& twice left Soyu up shit street…but let’s cherry pick the errors,it’s so easy sitting on your ass.

What also was kept quiet was his injury that took time,but played on when he shouldn’t…then between last season and beginning of this,was again struggling with injury missing also Turkish games.and against Spurs what was Tielemans doing & Soyuz partner….Cant agree he was to blame for the initial 2 mistakes,

sometimes in fact often, we usually write bad day at the office…..AND not go on a witch hunt,everytime….We prefer to demean our players at every turning moment,and won’t forget….CBS should be allowed their crap moments including

Bournemouth blackouts,problem is he hasn’t had a chance to repair it…Amartey is being allowed to throw points away,left right & centre…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And they were all Cags problems,on those occasions where the fk was Evans.

CB is a partnership..In those losing his head,and imploding,just has he many times before saved a situation,Evans got a maniac Red card,& twice left Soyu up shit street…but let’s cherry pick the errors,it’s so easy sitting on your ass.

What also was kept quiet was his injury that took time,but played on when he shouldn’t…then between last season and beginning of this,was again struggling with injury missing also Turkish games.and against Spurs what was Tielemans doing & Soyuz partner….Cant agree he was to blame for the initial 2 mistakes,

sometimes in fact often, we usually write bad day at the office…..AND not go on a witch hunt,everytime….We prefer to demean our players at every turning moment,and won’t forget….CBS should be allowed their crap moments including

Bournemouth blackouts,problem is he hasn’t had a chance to repair it…Amartey is being allowed to throw points away,left right & centre…

I think I agree with this, I read it twice 👍

2 hours ago, J. James said:

Simple questions.

So you think Simeone has the same level of data available to him, do you?  :o

19 minutes ago, Metal Lover said:

We are so poor at the back he is like a bronze god behind a cloud that will melt in the sun.

Bronze has a melting point averaging out at 1,740°f (depending on its percentages of ingredients).

The suns radiant temperature on the surface of earth averages out at less than 15°.

Metal lovers should know this really 🤔

So in conclusion these facts show one thing:- Soyuncu is much more likely to melt in the sun than be selected by Rodgers.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

He is literally that + a brilliant FA Cup final performance. 

Granted, I still rate him highest out of our centre-back options, other than Evans. Haven't seen enough of Souttar, yet. 

He was in the Team of the Year in Germany too... Even if people want to make out he was crap the second year we finished 5th (which is nonsense), that's still 2 years of being the very best in his position, in 2 different countries. It quite literally makes him anything but a 1 season wonder.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you think Simeone has the same level of data available to him, do you?  :o

I think DS would have a broadly similar level of data available to him re: Soyuncu as Rodgers would have re: Soumare and Daka

I won't even get into Vestegaard or Bertrand.

I'm outposted so can't reply but I'm not saying he knows more about soyuncu than Rodgers just that I'd trust him to see the quality in a player that Rodgers cannot.

Edited by J. James
additions

2 minutes ago, J. James said:

I think DS would have a broadly similar level of data available to him re: Soyuncu as Rodgers would have re: Soumare and Daka

I won't even get into Vestegaard or Bertrand!

He really wouldn’t, as seeing him day in day out should be sufficient evidence. We can chose not, and probably shouldn’t, trust Rodgers selections (*cough* *cough* Ward) but Rodgers must at least have a larger evidential sample size on which to base his selections.

It's all a dead argument anyway. Soyuncu is off in 3 months, Rodgers won't be playing him and that's been the case since Tottenham away last season. It's one of those where there's what Rodgers says and what Soyuncu says with the truth sitting somewhere in between.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-give-caglar-soyuncu-8260387

Brendan Rodgers will give Caglar Soyuncu new Leicester City opportunity on one condition

The door remains open for Caglar Soyuncu to regain his Leicester City place – but only if he trains to an acceptable level.

Asked if there was a route back into the side for Soyuncu, Rodgers said: “Yes, by training at the highest level. It’s been a real difficult one for him because I think he’s probably thought his future is away from here.

“Everything about him in terms of his behaviour and everything else has been fine but I’ve sensed that he thought he was moving on. I judge in training because you can’t be switched off from training and think you can just come back into the Premier League. It just doesn’t happen.

“ It was for those same reasons why I put him in the team. When I first came in he wasn’t in the squad but I could see that desire, commitment and quality in training, so when we lost Harry (Maguire) and the talk was about who we’re going to get in, I had seen him in training and thought this guy deserves a chance.

“He came in and in that first season he was excellent. But like I’ve said before, it’s about consistency in performance and mentality. He’s a great guy who has slipped from his level for a number of reasons.

“Any player if they’re performing to a level in training, they will always get the opportunity. If not, it’s very difficult. You can’t just click your fingers, not train well and not be at your best level and then be thrown into a Premier League game.”

...I  am sure I read he had said that Soyuncu was excellent in training and he was exemplary in training!!!

That was when we brought him in, looking as if he was carrying a muscle injury, where his thighs were heavily strapped in training. I cannot believe that he has played again. It was only because we were short of a defender that he came back in.

So Rodgers is looking for a more positive and professional attitude from Caglar, considering he is viewed only when we are desperate.  Is it any wonder that Caglar is counting the days until he gets out of here.

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-give-caglar-soyuncu-8260387

Brendan Rodgers will give Caglar Soyuncu new Leicester City opportunity on one condition

The door remains open for Caglar Soyuncu to regain his Leicester City place – but only if he trains to an acceptable level.

Asked if there was a route back into the side for Soyuncu, Rodgers said: “Yes, by training at the highest level. It’s been a real difficult one for him because I think he’s probably thought his future is away from here.

“Everything about him in terms of his behaviour and everything else has been fine but I’ve sensed that he thought he was moving on. I judge in training because you can’t be switched off from training and think you can just come back into the Premier League. It just doesn’t happen.

“ It was for those same reasons why I put him in the team. When I first came in he wasn’t in the squad but I could see that desire, commitment and quality in training, so when we lost Harry (Maguire) and the talk was about who we’re going to get in, I had seen him in training and thought this guy deserves a chance.

“He came in and in that first season he was excellent. But like I’ve said before, it’s about consistency in performance and mentality. He’s a great guy who has slipped from his level for a number of reasons.

“Any player if they’re performing to a level in training, they will always get the opportunity. If not, it’s very difficult. You can’t just click your fingers, not train well and not be at your best level and then be thrown into a Premier League game.”

Unless your name is Pegguy  Arphexad :)

I’d play Vestergaard, NDidi, Brunt and maybe Castagne ahead of Amartey at Centre Back, so he must really think Soyuncu is the pits. 

Anyone that destroys a £50,000,000 needs sacking for gross incompetence.