Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

Actually we should Thank VAR...its actually Showcasing how incompetent and Power corrupt the ref -fraternity is.Their Moral fibre is up for grabs...

Like I have mentioned before,they are Cheating the sport....

Because if they are Really Not blind,and willy pullers,like all honest fans for One & half centuries innocently believed...

Then what other excuse could there possibly be..!!

Or Alien mutants have landed,took over anything representing blackshirts,and have no Human Concept of their own created footballing regulations.

Because if they were normal peaceful Aliens,they wouldnt create such controversy over something so common-sensically obvious...

It began One lost Night on a lonely English Country road,looking for a short cut..........

We fans all feel like David Vincent,trying to persuade  a skeptical world,that an allen  Invasion is taking place,the Nightmare has begun...!!

They're getting to us through our love and hate of football.....

We know and accept BJ is not Part of this World,but its got worse than Brexit Part II...

I think what's good, and if it can be seen as a positive, is that people are talking about the context and (poor) quality of decisions as opposed to what was being talked about earlier on in the season, which was time taken for VAR to make a decision.

Theres still the odd longer decision but generally they seem quicker to make one. 

Hopefully the intense scrutiny of what happened yesterday across the 2 televised matches (and the Burnley/Bournemouth game) is a motivation for PGMOL to improve the standards. If not now then at the very least in the summer in readiness for next season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Its unreal how bad it has become. It must be the PL implementation of the VAR system, that makes refs second guess and overthink every decision, so they lose all logical football sense. 

I havent watched much other leagues this year but last year there was definitely howlers in theirs too.if I remember correctly,a cross which came off a players head backwards and onto a foot up to a players hand and hand ball,penalty and yellow card was given by var.🙄.another this year,a goal was scored,looked good first showing but almost 5 mins later var said all good..there was absolutely nothing to look at all.oh and time added on to half 2mins??

VAR is crap and I don’t want it in the game regardless if it gets decisions right, because it’s clearly not. I don’t wanna hear about human error. A human error in my job and I’m in big trouble. These professionals get paid near 4x the average uk salary and have top training facilities. Don’t get me wrong the odd time on the pitch you’re gonna get a stinker, but make these idiots accountable for incidents like yesterday. VAR or whether it’s a shocking decision on the pitch. If I was a referee I wouldn’t want it in the game either. It’s making people finally see how inept they all are. They’re now scared to make a big decision as well. Majority of the time, VAR will back up his mate as they don’t want the scrutiny. It’s all a joke and I seriously hope we vote it out of our league at the earliest stage possible. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

VAR is crap and I don’t want it in the game regardless if it gets decisions right, because it’s clearly not. I don’t wanna hear about human error. A human error in my job and I’m in big trouble. These professionals get paid near 4x the average uk salary and have top training facilities. Don’t get me wrong the odd time on the pitch you’re gonna get a stinker, but make these idiots accountable for incidents like yesterday. VAR or whether it’s a shocking decision on the pitch. If I was a referee I wouldn’t want it in the game either. It’s making people finally see how inept they all are. They’re now scared to make a big decision as well. Majority of the time, VAR will back up his mate as they don’t want the scrutiny. It’s all a joke and I seriously hope we vote it out of our league at the earliest stage possible. 

Shouldn't human error be called out though, even more so if they're earning more than whoever? They shouldn't get away with it just because they earn x times more than someone? 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shouldn't human error be called out though, even more so if they're earning more than whoever? They shouldn't get away with it just because they earn x times more than someone? 

I think the speed of the game the odd thing missed is understandable, what VAR has done has put the same people who are missing those things onfield in front of a screen for them the still miss them. Onfield its understandable, in front of a screen its inexcusable.

All VAR has done is confirm how shit some of our refs are.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That was kind of my point. They have the best of everything and they’re still getting a lot of things wrong. Even with the help

of technology. 

12 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Right, but if the referee today was the only one in charge, he would have missed 3 clear pens? 

Yet according to VAR and their interpretations, he only missed one. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I completely lost it at that penalty decision given against us. We’ve had four handballs of a similar nature not be punished and we’ve had two against the top two teams. It’s hard not to accuse corruption. 

The penalty at the Etihad where soyuncu arm was by his side! It’s beyond belief really

1 minute ago, Bert said:

That was kind of my point. They have the best of everything and they’re still getting a lot of things wrong. Even with the help

of technology. 

Oh lol

You said you don't want to hear about human error so took that as not using that as an excuse. My bad. 

People are focussing on the wrong incident - as @Manwell Pablohas pointed out there’s a justification for not giving the penalty against de Bruyne as he’s protecting his face. I disagree as I think that in doing so he’s making his body bigger (the ball is going through a gap and hits the point of KDB’s elbow, not his hands which are covering his face) - but there’s a “get out” for the officials which means that they could argue it wasn’t clear and obvious.

Ederson has basically assaulted Iheanacho, it’s a clear penalty and I’m struggling to understand any justification for it not being a straight red card too. If you punch somebody so hard it knocks them unconscious you can’t expect to stay on the pitch.

Assuming that it is a mitigating excuse to be protecting your face then I could accept KDB last night but his hands aren’t in front of his face when the ball strikes his hand/arm ...... it’s simply inept officiating by the VAR ..... I’ve seen comments that the ball deflected onto his arm from Laporte’s back .....that would actually be a reason not to give it under the laws. But Shockley park didn’t say that with their explanation .....