Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

This slomo and real time sh1t really pisses me off ...   the tw@ts at Stockley park can watch it at whatever speed they want !!    Can’t believe how this very useful tool is so completely being misused.    Soooo fvckin frustrating !!   

GET IT SORTED !!!!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/chimpanzee-covering-eyes-with-hand-picture-id522847376

Just send Coote back to the Zoo together with his pal Riley.

Of all the top leagues where VAR is implemented, it only looks farcical in Premier League imo. I was supporting the technology from the start as a tool that is supposed to right the wrongs, but what we witness here is exactly what happens when you let a monkey sit behind the wheel and make the important calls.

There should be some independent body of experts looking over the shoulder of VAR refs and veryfing each their 'VAR performance', powerful enough to dismiss them and it should be transparent, so the football fans would have a clue whats going on there. As it is, it's a complete and utter mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

So Lo Celso made an hoorendous tackle. Didn't get a yellow. VAR watched it many many times didn't overturn it. 10 minutes to go I hear that VAR admitted it was an error and Lo Celso should've been red carded. 

2 questions. How can VAR have made a mistake - who made it, who admitted it was?

More importantly if it was a red why wasn't the game stopped as soon as they decided it - even if it was with 10 minutes to go and Lo Celso sent off? 

By leaving him on it could have resulted in a draw or even a win for Spurs and eventually affected European qualification.

Did they?the guys I listen too said "there was nowhere else to put his feet"was the reason it wasn't given

11 minutes ago, womp said:

Did they?the guys I listen too said "there was nowhere else to put his feet"was the reason it wasn't given

I think that was shearer’s excuse when he took Penny’s head off !

I’ve  heard a premier league chairman saying that ‘we’ don’t want refs having to go to the monitor - we shouldn’t assume this is solely PGMOL’s call 

slowly  but surely, many of the supporters of the advent of VAR are coming around to the opinion that those of us opposing it had ........  

Edited by st albans fox

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think that was shearer’s excuse when he took Penny’s head off !

I’ve  heard a premier league chairman saying that ‘we’ don’t want refs having to go to the monitor - we shouldn’t assume this is solely PGMOL’s call 

slowly  but surely, many of the supporters of the advent of VAR are coming around to the opinion that those of us opposing it had ........  

Which is exactly what PGMOL want.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure about that - I would think that having three additional officials on every game is very rewarding for their members ...

It's true - they've got 123 employees with an average wage of around £80,000/a. But if they ARE in favour, they are doing a blinding job of ****ing it up! (That was in 2019 - don't know what the situation is now)

Edited by trabuch

VAR Technology is Not the problem....

VARefs are Cheating the fans and are corrupt & cheating,by not being consequent or fair to the Sport in their decision making

To scared to upset the officials applecart...that is und remains incompetent cheating...which causes far worse controversy,than when VAR would Not be used..

The offside is working,no matter how many Millimeters or meters. Unless they change the law to give some free room...

• Like 2