Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He just isn’t consistent. He can be excellent or useless. 

The big issue that I’ve noticed with him is his pace. He has head starts but gets overtaken. When he got injured after clattering into the keeper I remember thinking he looked like he was running in porridge.  It really does hold him back because he pulls off the odd trick but without the pace to get away he doesn’t take advantage of those situations. 

7 hours ago, blaaklint said:

His defensive stats are better than just about every other attacking mid/winger in Europe.

Wow our attacking player has great defensive stats. He’s a winger/forward. That’s not what he is there for. The reason he has good defensive stats is because he’s recovering the ball he has lost.

not good enough for a team challenging for Champions League.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The big issue that I’ve noticed with him is his pace. He has head starts but gets overtaken. When he got injured after clattering into the keeper I remember thinking he looked like he was running in porridge.  It really does hold him back because he pulls off the odd trick but without the pace to get away he doesn’t take advantage of those situations. 

Partly because he’s been in and out of the team and switched positions around. Although last year it was clear we needed to improve in both the wide areas, his lack of match practice is really highlighting his limitations more so. Understandably.

I like having him and I like having him in the squad but for his cost and current squad status (ie quite high up in the pecking order for attacking positions) he needs to offer a whole lot more. I think he should only be played down the middle behind the striker. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Partly because he’s been in and out of the team and switched positions around. Although last year it was clear we needed to improve in both the wide areas, his lack of match practice is really highlighting his limitations more so. Understandably.

I like having him and I like having him in the squad but for his cost and current squad status (ie quite high up in the pecking order for attacking positions) he needs to offer a whole lot more. I think he should only be played down the middle behind the striker. 

Absolutely agree with that. His weaknesses are exposed out wide or even up front. He should be mads cover and nothing else imo. 

It seems that we have invented a brand new position.  Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the defensive winger.

Forget about creating chances, scoring goals, assists, pass completion, pace, dribbles, key passes etc and forget about relentlessly giving the ball away.   We will always have those 1.23 tackles!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2021 at 14:37, Lambert09 said:

Thats why he's an impact sub at best for me. His skill set may be more effective against tired opposition.

Btw, he was crap again today, may as well have been at home.

On 17/02/2021 at 09:38, The whole world smiles said:

Intresting I've been recently wondering what the manager sees in him and I still do but it does go to show that the coaching staff are looking at players through a different lens to the fans. 

It’s crazy isn’t it that a management team who sees him pretty much every day continues to persist giving him game time (although I’m sure he has a clause in his contract) instead of taking advice from a “fans”’forum on the internet. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Never thought I'd say this but we need him back ASAP, cruicial extra body in the attacking third of the pitch.

I'd like to think he'll be involved at Arsenal, even if only as a sub.

Agreed. As much as he frustrates in general play we're in a situation where big moments could be crucial and he is capable of notching a goal here and there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2021 at 17:28, Fox in the North said:

Possibly, I’m not sure if that’s wise in such a critical part of the season. @Ric FlairIs Maddison’s role where Tavares prefers to play? 

...if anything, the Tielemans position would be more where he would fit!!!

He (Tavares) believes he can play either, having seen him play, I would suspect the #8 role would be the better fit.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Right, it's time Ayoze Perez stepped up to the plate and delivered. For what we've paid for him he has been an absolute disgrace. By my reckoning he's scored 1 goal that has secured us actual points and it's long overdue that he gets his act together here.

We are on our arse right now, we need a spark from somewhere and I'm looking at Perez to bring it. 

He went on a ridiculous run of goals in his last season at Newcastle in the final part of the season and he's also scored twice vs Sheff Utd and once vs Brighton so declare yourself fit Ayoze and save our season!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1