Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

In the light of the two other city players getting a shoeing on other threads…. Thought I’d give Mr Pérez a bump…

looked really lively yesterday and looked good as a deep lying second striker…. I kept noticing trying to make positive runs…

Begs the question why Rodgers ever thought he was a wide man. He likes to play off a bigger man and Kelechi is the biggest we have got. Expect him to have a good second half of the season.

So frustrating how often he fails to keep possession in relatively simple scenarios, he’ll receive the ball and instead of moving away from pressure he’ll try and back into a player and lose out. He’s agile and can control the ball well enough to turn out but rarely does, coaching staff should be correcting it 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2020 at 19:09, An Sionnach said:

Begs the question why Rodgers ever thought he was a wide man. He likes to play off a bigger man and Kelechi is the biggest we have got. Expect him to have a good second half of the season.

Because that's where he played for most of his Newcastle career and scored a lot of goals.

:frusty:

How many times?

I've posted this before, but this is his heat map for last season

Screenshot-2019-06-01-at-17_08_13.png.5eb6af51b35bc6b5caf533361b8dc41c.png

• Like 2

Was quite good when played through the middle but would still have him well behind Maddison and Iheanacho for a place behind Vardy. Totally bloody useless out wide. A big mistake signing imo, get rid and put the money towards a winger though doubt we'd get half what we paid for him now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't believe he messed up the through ball to Vardy when we were breaking on the counter, that was a golden opportunity for us today. On the whole he was pretty poor, it never feels like both our wingers have good games, it's either one or neither of them play well.

That was absolutely criminal. I think Nacho was free too. Would have been a goal, two on one even Pope would struggle to counter that. I want to like Perez but he is a drag on the team right now. He needs replacing. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 09:30, murphy said:

Because that's where he played for most of his Newcastle career and scored a lot of goals.

:frusty:

How many times?

I've posted this before, but this is his heat map for last season

Screenshot-2019-06-01-at-17_08_13.png.5eb6af51b35bc6b5caf533361b8dc41c.png

He was a "winger" at Newcastle but they have a different set up to ourselves.

They had a big holding man up front who could lay the ball back off to the wide men.

Rob Tanners recent article on Ayoze on The Athletic.....

“I was always a great admirer of Ayoze Perez and I was very sorry to see him leave, but I was very much in the minority.”

Newcastle United’s legendary No 9 Malcolm Macdonald had been keeping a close eye on Ayoze Perez during his time at St James’ Park before switching to Leicester City last summer, and he liked what he saw. However, he knows not everyone could see what he did, or shared his view, and it is a similar situation for the Spaniard now at the King Power Stadium.

Perez has chipped in with five goals and four assists from his 20 Premier League appearances for his new club, but after Leicester paid £30 million for his services many supporters had hoped for more of an impact from the 26-year-old.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1530177/2020/01/20/what-is-ayoze-perez-best-position-leicester/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
On 21/01/2020 at 09:42, Ecdysiast said:

Rob Tanners recent article on Ayoze on The Athletic.....

“I was always a great admirer of Ayoze Perez and I was very sorry to see him leave, but I was very much in the minority.”

Newcastle United’s legendary No 9 Malcolm Macdonald had been keeping a close eye on Ayoze Perez during his time at St James’ Park before switching to Leicester City last summer, and he liked what he saw. However, he knows not everyone could see what he did, or shared his view, and it is a similar situation for the Spaniard now at the King Power Stadium.

Perez has chipped in with five goals and four assists from his 20 Premier League appearances for his new club, but after Leicester paid £30 million for his services many supporters had hoped for more of an impact from the 26-year-old.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1530177/2020/01/20/what-is-ayoze-perez-best-position-leicester/

I've said it before , good player, wrong team. Where's the blame Him, His agent , Rodgers or all of them. Only hope is a partnership with Iheanacho but that means leaving Vardy out.

Needs just 1 more goal contribution to be our only winger other than Mahrez to get at least 10 goal contributions in a season in the league while we have been back in the Premier League

Happy with his contribution this season if he is able to reach 15, which I think he will

• Like 2

Best performance so far in a Leicester shirt. He got a hat trick against Southampton, but his all round play today was brilliant. Hopefully we see more performances like this one, though i will say that he was given the full 90 minutes seemed to help him as usually he is pulled off after 60.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Best performance so far in a Leicester shirt. He got a hat trick against Southampton, but his all round play today was brilliant. Hopefully we see more performances like this one, though i will say that he was given the full 90 minutes seemed to help him as usually he is pulled off after 60.

... lucky, lucky ba****d!!

• Haha 3

I've been disappointed with him since he's joined, and occasionally called him one of our two weakest links, but today he's played out of his skin and was absolutely brilliant against Wham. Great all around performance, a well taken peno in a very difficult moment plus a beauty of a goal to kill the game. Previously I wasn't impressed with him at all (bar the one off special 'slaughter of the Saints' performance)

Wish he was pulling stuff like this more often !! Take a bow Ayoze

• Like 2