Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Always thought some of the criticism he gets was a bit harsh (as goes for some of the others like Chilwell). He does so much good work off the ball which generally goes unnoticed, with people tending to focus on the time that he gets bullied off the ball or runs into a blind alley. OK so maybe he is a bit lightweight but he does much work. He isn't being subbed off regularly on the hour mark because he is playing poorly, but because he has run himself into the ground, a bit like Shinji used to do. His link up play with Ricki and YT on the right is great. If you actually look closely you will see that more often than not, it is his quick thinking and interchange passing that gets the latter away or in behind.  I think he has suffered a bit with YT being off form, as Perez is often the one receiving the ball from him and linking play up with the forwards.

Put a great performance in last night and hopefully that will earn him a bit of respect and cut him some slack.  His finish for his second was pure class.  If he is true to form and, according to Newcastle fans tends to have better second halves to seasons, then we could be in for a goal fest from him. He has six already so could easily finish the season on 12-15.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Always thought some of the criticism he gets was a bit harsh (as goes for some of the others like Chilwell). He does so much good work off the ball which generally goes unnoticed, with people tending to focus on the time that he gets bullied off the ball or runs into a blind alley. OK so maybe he is a bit lightweight but he does much work. He isn't being subbed off regularly on the hour mark because he is playing poorly, but because he has run himself into the ground, a bit like Shinji used to do. His link up play with Ricki and YT on the right is great. If you actually look closely you will see that more often than not, it is his quick thinking and interchange passing that gets the latter away or in behind.  I think he has suffered a bit with YT being off form, as Perez is often the one receiving the ball from him and linking play up with the forwards.

Put a great performance in last night and hopefully that will earn him a bit of respect and cut him some slack.  His finish for his second was pure class.  If he is true to form and, according to Newcastle fans tends to have better second halves to seasons, then we could be in for a goal fest from him. He has six already so could easily finish the season on 12-15.

You can only live off the 'doing so much good work off the ball' cliche for so long. At some stage you have to produce the goods yourself in assists or goals as an attacking midfielder. That 'good work off the ball' is also somewhat negated however if you consistently give the ball away to the opposition. 

Having said that and having been a big critic of his on here, I thought he had a very good game last night and was really and genuinely pleased for him, in fact the majority of the team played very well. On a few occasions his supposed tackles were again very powder puff and there were a couple I actually winced at, more because I fear he could easily sustain a nasty injury that way. For me he has only had two good performances, Southampton and West Ham, both of whom at the time were really poor. I hope last night gives him any confidence he may have needed to continue in the same vein.

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

His celebration is really infectious. When he scored the second, my dad, his cousin and I were all doing like a bunch of kids on the playground lol 

I was watching at home and tried to get my dog to do it but his legs are too short.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've said for a while he might be one of those players who never really stand out in a game but by the end of the season his stats will be right up there. He actually has 7 goals and 4 assists so far in the PL and the only players to have a better record than this outside of the strikers are:

Mane (11 goals - 6 assists)

Salah (11-5)

De Bruyne (7-15)

Mahrez (7-7)

Grealish (7-5)

Not bad company at all and on his stats alone is well worth the £30m paid even though unlike the five players above he's not the sort of player to get you off your seat. 

The stats are a bit deceptive perhaps. Whilst the other players contributions have come over several games assisting in their sides overall wins and performances,  Perez's haven't. His stats in the main have largely come over 2 games against 2 very poor sides. For the rest of the about 20 games he's been largely anonymous. In terms of company and contribution, he's nowhere near the other names in your list in terms of quality, stature in the game, performance or contribution. I would suggest most supporters would drop him in a second for any of those players. Two swallows don't make a summer. He had a good game the other night along with most of the team, it was about time too, lets not get carried away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

His celebration is really infectious. When he scored the second, my dad, his cousin and I were all doing like a bunch of kids on the playground lol 

Funnily enough, me and my son did the exact same thing. 

45 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've said for a while he might be one of those players who never really stand out in a game but by the end of the season his stats will be right up there. He actually has 7 goals and 4 assists so far in the PL and the only players to have a better record than this outside of the strikers are:

Mane (11 goals - 6 assists)

Salah (11-5)

De Bruyne (7-15)

Mahrez (7-7)

Grealish (7-5)

Not bad company at all and on his stats alone is well worth the £30m paid even though unlike the five players above he's not the sort of player to get you off your seat. 

And that Maddison chap.

Both Perez and Barnes are extremely good at link up play, excellent ball control and they carry the ball well. If only they were more clinical.

Perez woll probably end up in double figures goals this season. He's a decent plsyer. We overpaid for him but I like him as a player.

Watching it again, he is a smart cookie :rolleyes:

Does not overplay, but made some smart clever touches, keeping the play flowing, more clever than flash. :thumbup:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching it again, he is a smart cookie :rolleyes:

Does not overplay, but made some smart clever touches, keeping the play flowing, more clever than flash. :thumbup:

Bit OTT!...

Perez is hardly better than the saviour of the Universe.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Both Perez and Barnes are extremely good at link up play, excellent ball control and they carry the ball well. If only they were more clinical.

Perez woll probably end up in double figures goals this season. He's a decent plsyer. We overpaid for him but I like him as a player.

If he helps us get money league then that transfer fee is a bargain.

• Like 1