Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Put some respect on this guys name. Has stepped up massively imo

... totally agree today, about time he was cut some slack and finally allowed to become the player that a lot of folks can see in him ... determined and worked for the goal ... just needs to feel the love ...

1 minute ago, Gwyn said:

I will get shot down for this, but after replaying matches and re watching him I didn't realise how skillful he is. He is playing out of position but still making it into the box and also helping with the quick build up,he has some flair and lovely touches (albeit most haven't been coming off) and he will improve under Rodgers. I can see a little bit of Bobby Firminho in him  😳

That Firminho always been a bit of a mucky bugger.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats the issue, Perez and Maddison I feel are both most suited for a number 10 role, but we can only have one player there.

I feel that Maddison is better suited to play a deeper role whereas Perez plays better closer to the front. His final ball when inside and near the penalty box is imo better than Maddison’s. Maddison’s twists and turns and longer passing range are better suited in a deeper role - and he likes to drop back to receive the ball. So I think we can accommodate. In the current circumstances, I would give Praet a go instead of Tielemans to go alongside Perez and Maddison. Tielemans needs a bit of a rest after quite a few games now of subpar performance - particularly as he has been quite loose in possession and pretty ineffective too defensively.

• Like 1

Finally delivered the performance we'd hoped for (Southampton aside). Did everything excellently and I don't remember him falling over! West Ham was a strange game for him as he was one of the poorer performers yet grabbed 2 assists (second one was excellent too). Another goal and assist yesterday is giving him some very healthy numbers.

He works hard but lacks any tenacity so makes all that effort redundant at times. If he can sort that out and not spend 90 mins on the floor, it'll make the world of difference. We didn't a world beater but we got a good player at this level who's versatility is a massive plus. If you look back at his half season, that's probably what we've got from him.

Still think that a genuine winger of quality is probably the final piece in the jigsaw for our starting 11. Would take the pressure off Perez and probably help with how he is appreciated.

he is improving, if he cuts out the falling over and losing possession easily then he is a threat going forward and probably has more to his game than Gray and Barnes at the moment although those two are still in-experienced and of course younger.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest Cujek
3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Finally delivered the performance we'd hoped for (Southampton aside). Did everything excellently and I don't remember him falling over! West Ham was a strange game for him as he was one of the poorer performers yet grabbed 2 assists (second one was excellent too). Another goal and assist yesterday is giving him some very healthy numbers.

He works hard but lacks any tenacity so makes all that effort redundant at times. If he can sort that out and not spend 90 mins on the floor, it'll make the world of difference. We didn't a world beater but we got a good player at this level who's versatility is a massive plus. If you look back at his half season, that's probably what we've got from him.

Still think that a genuine winger of quality is probably the final piece in the jigsaw for our starting 11. Would take the pressure off Perez and probably help with how he is appreciated.

Apart from when he scored :p

Edited by Cujek
word

I’ve said before we look

worse when he doesn’t play, the pressing isn’t as effective. He sometimes looks leggy, but so does Tielemans. Although I thought Tielemans was much better against Newcastle and not sure why he gets so much stick. 

On 29/12/2019 at 03:43, Ric Flair said:

I'm coming to terms with what he can and can't do. He gets shoved off the ball a lot but also wins the balls in dangerous areas constantly. He's very intelligent and although he's still not yet fully integrated in to this team, he's doing ok and will be an asset for us.

He will score the winner vs Newcastle on wednesday.

Good post that only got better!

• Like 1