Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

He's like a robot thats desperate for oil.

Slow, clumsy and half the time he seems to spend looking for where the ball is.

There is a player in there somewhere, but I always used to say that about my grandad too and he had arthritis and a prosthetic leg.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, st albans fox said:

Was either goal down to his positioning ? 

No, but are you going to tell me that left hand side combination of Thomas and Cags wasn't an absolutely car crash in the first half? Cags seems to have got into the bad habit of being caught up the field and passing straight to the opposition.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Was either goal down to his positioning ? 

He played well, both CB did. Our full backs were poor in the 1st half, because they had no options in front of them. Much better in the second hlaf. Ramsdale choose this match to have the game of his life 😡

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

No, but are you going to tell me that left hand side combination of Thomas and Cags wasn't an absolutely car crash in the first half? Cags seems to have got into the bad habit of being caught up the field and passing straight to the opposition.

To be fair to him, our back 3 never looks comfortable so he’s always concerned about covering across both sides …..

we look more comfortable in a back four and with wilf coming back and JJ to supplement Timmy and Ricky we could well go back to it 

Just now, st albans fox said:

we look more comfortable in a back four and with wilf coming back and JJ to supplement Timmy and Ricky we could well go back to it 

Agree with this mate, we looked so much better in a 4 and Cags looked much more comfortable. He just always looks at sixes and sevens in a back 3. 

As I said in the post match thread, if we're conceding bucket loads with 3 at the back then what's the point? 

I don’t get playing Soyuncu as a left CB in a 3-man defence. He is right sided, and with his current lack of confidence, is even more exposed.

He’s been as poor as Vestergaard but you could give them the best chance of performing by putting them in their preferred positions or where they have lots of experience, for example Vestergaard plays as a LCB in 3-man defence for Denmark. 

If we play Soyuncu, I think it’s better to put in him in as a RCB or in a back four.  

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Credit where credit is due, I thought he was decent tonight. Unfortunately had to play the role of LCB and LB tonight though.

Still managed to massively contribute to their goal though. That's the problem. He commits, he's rash, and we're an unorganised mess with him in the team.

• Like 1

Did OK in the main, but his decision making when we’re chasing a game is shambolic. Running aimlessly into space and then passing it back … needs to focus on giving the ball to other players quicker! It’s not his job to suddenly become (attempt to become) the creator!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Still managed to massively contribute to their goal though. That's the problem. He commits, he's rash, and we're an unorganised mess with him in the team.

Hes not a leader either like we need. The fact the captain against Brighton was Hamza Choudhury then passed to Danny Ward when he was subbed instead of a senior player like him is very telling. 

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Did OK in the main, but his decision making when we’re chasing a game is shambolic. Running aimlessly into space and then passing it back … needs to focus on giving the ball to other players quicker! It’s not his job to suddenly become (attempt to become) the creator!! 

I think, on this occasion, this would be the wrong thing to hold against him.  We are chasing a game and he’s trying to put a shift in to get us back into the game. Fair play to

him- I’d rather he did that than just sit back and stay as part of the back line.

On 30/10/2021 at 16:18, StanSP said:

Amartey was worse than him today. By far. 

Without Amartey we would have lost 1 nil. He had a good game.

Bertrand was a liability. Useless going forward, pedestrian in defence, and at fault for the Spartak goal. He should never play again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Without Amartey we would have lost 1 nil. He had a good game.

Bertrand was a liability. Useless going forward, pedestrian in defence, and at fault for the Spartak goal. He should never play again.

Yeah but @StanSPwas talking about the Arsenal game 🥺

• Like 2