Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Kariyerim boyunca bir daha yaşamak istemediğim bir gece. Gördüğüm kırmızı karttan dolayı çok üzgünüm. Tüm takım arkadaşlarımdan ve halkımızdan özür diliyorum.
Translated from Turkish by
A night that I don't want to live again in my career. I am very sorry for the red card I saw. I apologize to all my teammates and the public.

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....makes you wonder if the issues with Under has had an effect on his game!!!

He can't seem to keep it together and at this moment he is the one charged with holding our backline. The possibility that he could feel, to some degree, that he failed his friend to some degree and at present he has far too much pressure on him .

You need to stop watching afternoon soap operas. :D Either that or its time to cash in and start writing the scripts!

He doesn't seem to be able to go back to basics.

His whole game seems centered around taking risks to some extent, whether it be a Cruyff turn, a charge out of defence to intercept the ball in midfield or a more dangerous than necessary cross field ball. 

When it's all coming off he looks world class but when it's not he's a complete liability. 

This is the opposite to Amartay next to him who always just plays the game so basically. I think playing with Daniel Soyuncu feels even more duty bound to dress his game up which is causing these horrific mistakes. 

Someone needs to help him relax and cut the risks.

Maybe get the ball to Youri or Wilf more quickly?

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

He doesn't seem to be able to go back to basics.

His whole game seems centered around taking risks to some extent, whether it be a Cruyff turn, a charge out of defence to intercept the ball in midfield or a more dangerous than necessary cross field ball. 

When it's all coming off he looks world class but when it's not he's a complete liability. 

This is the opposite to Amartay next to him who always just plays the game so basically. I think playing with Daniel Soyuncu feels even more duty bound to dress his game up which is causing these horrific mistakes. 

Someone needs to help him relax and cut the risks.

Maybe get the ball to Youri or Wilf more quickly?

It's amazing that he can't stop thinking about Big Dan, even when he's playing for Turkey

I said on another thread, I reckon something's got into Cag's head (and it's not 'Big' Dan Amartey) I've no idea what's up, because he is still making good interventions etc, but it's like he's having rushes of blood to the head - thinks he needs to step in or charge forward to intercept. He's making rash decisions and getting caught out for them rather than knowing when to simply stand his ground. Maybe he feels he has to always do what he can do, and he simply needs to dial it down a notch. Or maybe the doubts have crept in. Or both. I really don't know but I hope someone at the club does.

The guy could be in tatters after Man City. I hope our support show him some love as that might make a difference.

Edited by drumbeat

I think if Evans come back we may play with all 3 at the back. Cags has probably had to take on too much as the senior defender for City and Turkey of late and he needs someone reliable to calm things down and distribute the ball out of defence.

I'm sure with support Cags will get his confidence back and cut out some of the heavy challenges particularly in and around the box. He is still a good player.

• Like 1

His decision making is abysmal. It might not be a popular opinion but I think his first season with us he simply over performed. 

Things were going well for us, as well as turkey and that always makes it easy to carry on the form. But perhaps expecting those levels as a normal was wrong? 

There’s just always going to be a few mistakes in his game and I don’t think you can lose the aggressive rashness without losing what makes him good. I just wish he could manage his moments a little better. 

As others have said, we need to get behind him because we’ve got limited options and hopefully a few good games will pick up his confidence 

• Like 1

Cags is great at close body opposition tackling but he's also poor too. He has the mentality to get close to players and defend balls, and wins on let's say 95% of the time. The other 5 percent he either gives the ball away by passing out from the back or getting too close to players and getting clumsy.

29 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

He's having a spell, similar to the 3 or 4 Stones had at Man City.

Pep kept taking him out the side....

We have the squad to do that too, but unfortunately Evans/Fofana/Vestegaard/Justin are all out.

The stones thing is probably a good comparison as they both play quite a high risk style as defenders.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

His decision making is abysmal. It might not be a popular opinion but I think his first season with us he simply over performed. 

Things were going well for us, as well as turkey and that always makes it easy to carry on the form. But perhaps expecting those levels as a normal was wrong? 

There’s just always going to be a few mistakes in his game and I don’t think you can lose the aggressive rashness without losing what makes him good. I just wish he could manage his moments a little better. 

As others have said, we need to get behind him because we’ve got limited options and hopefully a few good games will pick up his confidence 

Agreed felt he has " flattered to deceive " will be targeted by the opposition and faces a hard task to recapture his initial good impression.

Nah we can’t turn our backs on Cags. He’s going through a dark patch right now. It’s a big burden and he’s obviously struggling.

Let’s not be like the Turkish fans who are using him as a scapegoat when their whole team is basically pants. 

Its on Rogers now on how to manage Cags as well as all the other problems we have. That’s why he gets paid the big bucks! We will get our old loveable Cags back eventually. Keep the faith guys.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The stones thing is probably a good comparison as they both play quite a high risk style as defenders.

And we need those kind of defenders if we want to be a progressive side.

Fofana is similar, just his mistakes last season were overlooked. 

• Like 2