Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

8 hours ago, eblair said:

He’s fine. Playing with Amartey under BR asks way too much of him. Has to pass like Evans, break line like Fofana and be the senior CB.

Amartey not been bad but asks way to much of cags to do

Amartey has been better than Soyuncu in both league games this season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Vestergaard would have made no difference to the threat Antonio posed last night!

Certainly not against his pace, but I think Vestergaard can offer some physicality that Soyunchu seems to miss out on.

More generally, Soy seems to be able to dominate a lot of physical battles with most strikers but when he can't do that, he's not as good at disrupting players enough to made them ineffective.

Evans is much better at accepting that he might not get to a particular cross first, and adapting to interfere with the striker, or block the header.

• Like 1

It's worrying just how severely he goes into self-destruct when things start going bad. His composure turns into complacency and his aggression turns into rashness. If you were to break down his attributes Football Manager-style, technically and physically he's largely fantastic but mentally there are question marks, and not just in the sense that the guy is obviously a bit of a lunatic.

Evans is obviously a big miss and it's not a surprise the defence as a unit always looks worse off for his absence. As has been pointed out above though, Soyuncu is an experienced international and top flight defender at this point. He shouldn't need babysitting through games anymore.

• Like 2

He came back from his injury last season and from February through to mid April he was exceptional, especially when Fofana was out and we feared we were in the shit. Then he had some horror shows after he came back from that covid absence but mixed in with some great games like the cup final where he was a warrior.

He's erratic, he plays the game on the edge but when he's good he's unbelievable. More errors are creeping in though and we need to work with him, his contract situation is in the background too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's worrying just how severely he goes into self-destruct when things start going bad.

Yep, there does seem to be a bit of surly teenager left in him. It is odd given his experiences to date, he's hardly got the excuse of being a raw recruit. Temperament issues more than footballing ones? Maybe that's where JE is good alongside him? Not just issuing positional instructions etc but also 'having a word' to keep him focused and on track.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's worrying just how severely he goes into self-destruct when things start going bad. His composure turns into complacency and his aggression turns into rashness. If you were to break down his attributes Football Manager-style, technically and physically he's largely fantastic but mentally there are question marks, and not just in the sense that the guy is obviously a bit of a lunatic.

Evans is obviously a big miss and it's not a surprise the defence as a unit always looks worse off for his absence. As has been pointed out above though, Soyuncu is an experienced international and top flight defender at this point. He shouldn't need babysitting through games anymore.

Agree largely with this. 

I thought he was one of maybe a couple of Turkey players to come out with any credit after the Euros. Thought his leadership role with the national team plus his stellar performances in the first couple of games suggested he was maturing and able to handle the pressure without a more experienced head alongside him. 

Hopefully Vestergaard is back in training today and in the first team soon to play alongside Soy. 

34 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Agree largely with this. 

I thought he was one of maybe a couple of Turkey players to come out with any credit after the Euros. Thought his leadership role with the national team plus his stellar performances in the first couple of games suggested he was maturing and able to handle the pressure without a more experienced head alongside him. 

Hopefully Vestergaard is back in training today and in the first team soon to play alongside Soy. 

I thought Cags was awful in the Euro’s, though no worse than any of his team-mates.

His confidence looks shot to pieces 

• Like 1

He's usually rock solid next to Evans but recently he's shown a lack of concentration. He made a total cock up of that goal. Can't believe he wasn't even looking where he was passing it. That's a howler by anyone's standards let alone someone on thousands a week. Someone needs to tell him to keep it simple rather than doing Cruyff turns on the edge of the box as well and if you're unsure just put the f****** in the stands

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought Cags was awful in the Euro’s, though no worse than any of his team-mates.

He wasn’t at his best by any means but wasn’t poor. Interestingly, Turkish media felt that he did OK when they heavily criticised other players but these things are subjective. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I did and I also think he's been a "bomb scare" since his return from injury.

With a fully fit team he wouldn't be in our starting 11 for me. I'm losing faith in him also.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I did and I also think he's been a "bomb scare" since his return from injury.

With a fully fit team he wouldn't be in our starting 11 for me. I'm losing faith in him also.

I’m not sure I’m losing faith in him. We know he can be superb when his head’s on it

But the loss of confidence is worrying, for sure 

He’s not looked the same since we lost Evans at the back end of last season tbf

I thought he played very well and with confidence in the Community Shield - and was solid in the FA Cup final. The goal against Villareal reminded us that he can be an asset coming forward - although more often when given the opportunity he heads over or wide.

• Like 1

Put him with Evans and he's absolutely brilliant, take away that leadership alongside him and he's poor.

Some players need that in their game. I think White will struggle at Arsenal for the same reason because he won't have someone like Dunk next to him there.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Put him with Evans and he's absolutely brilliant, take away that leadership alongside him and he's poor.

Some players need that in their game. I think White will struggle at Arsenal for the same reason because he won't have someone like Dunk next to him there.

Completely agree with you