Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

I said after the Norwich game, I love Soyuncu but he needs dropping until we can get someone with a brain back in next to him, he needs some time out, he's nothing but I liability and calamity at this moment in time.

I know we're short on the ground and desperate in the position as it is but drop Ndidi back and bring Soumare in to fill Ndidi's spot.

Atleast try it instead of doing the same thing time and time again but acting surprised when the same thing keeps happening, if it doesn't work revert back but atleast try something different instead of continuing with something you know isn't working.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I said after the Norwich game, I love Soyuncu but he needs dropping until we can get someone with a brain back in next to him, he needs some time out, he's nothing but I liability and calamity at this moment in time.

I know we're short on the ground and desperate in the position as it is but drop Ndidi back and bring Soumare in to fill Ndidi's spot.

Atleast try it instead of doing the same thing time and time again but acting surprised when the same thing keeps happening, if it doesn't work revert back but atleast try something different instead of continuing with something you know isn't working.

Soumaré is not a DM so a central pairing of Ndidi and Amartey would be horribly exposed. If Bertrand is back , he will do the organising and Caglar should be OK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Soumaré is not a DM so a central pairing of Ndidi and Amartey would be horribly exposed. If Bertrand is back , he will do the organising and Caglar should be OK.

Absolutely and let's not forget, as outstanding a midfielder Ndidi is, he's from what we've seen and witnessed, a very average cente half. I would have Soyuncu over him there still even though he's hit a rough patch. Apart from the fact that putting arguably our best midfielder at centre half it double bubble as you've weakened both midfield and defence, surely we learned that much from last season. 

• Like 2

Much better today with an experienced head next to him

Found it interesting that even when Evans came on that he stayed on the right side as when they usually play together he is on the left

Also loved it when he absolutely clattered Grealish, definitely worth taking a yellow to boot him lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Found it interesting that even when Evans came on that he stayed on the right side as when they usually play together he is on the left

I noticed that, then a minute later conceded a goal on his side, I think they should have switched to what they were used to.

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Probably, but I can't really blame him for the goal, just an unlucky deflection/block and it falls perfectly for Bernardo Silva to hit first time

Just typical that through all their chances they needed a bit of luck for their only goal

I thought he had a decent game, kept it simple and did the basics very well. 

On the goal part of me couldn’t begrudge them it as they had made enough chances but part of me was oh FFS you lucky……

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Played well yesterday, will have done him the world of good.

He did. People forget he is still a young lad, he needs a steady head along side him because of his game. He’s an aggressive front footed defender, and Big Dan is unfortunately a timid defender who just brings the worst out of Cags. Cags has his strengths but he isn’t a leader, he is a warrior and you have to have a stable head along side him.

People often forget that defending is about partnerships.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He did. People forget he is still a young lad, he needs a steady head along side him because of his game. He’s an aggressive front footed defender, and Big Dan is unfortunately a timid defender who just brings the worst out of Cags. Cags has his strengths but he isn’t a leader, he is a warrior and you have to have a stable head along side him.

People often forget that defending is about partnerships.

That statement can go for the whole club. Nobody succeeds on their own.

Edited by SO1

I have to disagree. I think he is suffering a crisis of confidence having had a few horror games including his midweek international.

He passed back to Schmeichel so many times I am sure Schmeichel more or less gave up giving the ball to him because he just got it back again. That’s the sign of a player afraid to take any risks at all. I wonder now if we’re about to see an Evans/Vestergaard partnership for a while.

24 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I have to disagree. I think he is suffering a crisis of confidence having had a few horror games including his midweek international.

He passed back to Schmeichel so many times I am sure Schmeichel more or less gave up giving the ball to him because he just got it back again. That’s the sign of a player afraid to take any risks at all. I wonder now if we’re about to see an Evans/Vestergaard partnership for a while.

As if lol lol

He gave it back because there was sometimes little option going forward. Man City crowded out our key players to pass to and therefore whats he going to do? 

He's not afraid to take risks, it's just about doing it at the right time. 

Some fans are quite thick sometimes - automatically thinking if they don't run forward taking on 6 players and setting up through balls to Vardy all game and then it means they're scared lol lol. Without taking in to account how the opposition set up and who they even are. 

Basically a player suffering 'a crisis of confidence' doesn't put in a performance like yesterday (the last ditch tackle/block being a fine example). 

Just because he didn't pass forward much doesn't equate to having confidence issues. Getting challenges wrong, bad positioning, bad marking, sloppy passing would be a crisis of confidence. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As if lol lol

He gave it back because there was sometimes little option going forward. Man City crowded out our key players to pass to and therefore whats he going to do? 

He's not afraid to take risks, it's just about doing it at the right time. 

Some fans are quite thick sometimes - automatically thinking if they don't run forward taking on 6 players and setting up through balls to Vardy all game and then it means they're scared lol lol. Without taking in to account how the opposition set up and who they even are. 

Basically a player suffering 'a crisis of confidence' doesn't put in a performance like yesterday (the last ditch tackle/block being a fine example). 

Just because he didn't pass forward much doesn't equate to having confidence issues. Getting challenges wrong, bad positioning, bad marking, sloppy passing would be a crisis of confidence. 

I think you’re seeing what you want to see because you think he’s a good defender, which he has been for the most part. However, Vestergaard, Bertrand and  Evans all found opportunities for forward passes so I can only assume you think our entire midfield stopped running when Soyuncu got the ball but started again when the other defenders were on the ball.

Resorting to calling people thick, by the way, suggests you’ve ran out of points to make.

Edited by Mr Weller
  • Like 1