Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

14 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I think you’re seeing what you want to see because you think he’s a good defender, which he has been for the most part. However, Vestergaard, Bertrand and  Evans all found opportunities for forward passes so I can only assume you think our entire midfield stopped running when Soyuncu got the ball but started again when the other defenders were on the ball.

Resorting to calling people thick, by the way, suggests you’ve ran out of points to make.

Alternatively, there were times when Vestergaard and Bertrand played it back to Kasper, too...

I'll take back the 'thick' comment. I just found your logic a bit silly, and still do. Not because I'd ran out of points.

I don't for one second believe Soyuncu had a crisis of confidence just because he didn't pass forward (he did, just not as many times as you wanted him to).

Cags was fine, he’s an absolute warrior and that is his strength, but he needs a steady head along side him, that’s not saying Cags isn’t a good defender because he is, he is phenomenal, he just isn’t a leader, he still can’t speak English that well and he’s not a talker on the pitch. He’s the type of defender who will run through a brick wall to ensure he does what he can, does he have a mistake in him, yea he does, because of his style of play, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I genuinely think some players fear playing against him, because he’s a crazy bastard who won’t think twice about kicking you. 

In terms of forward passing, why does he need to do it? He’s very capable with the ball at his feet, but Jannik is clearly a better passer of the ball, so Cags rightfully will look to play it to him, and then Vesty will be the one to look to play that ball into the midfield. 

No reason to be jumping on his back, as I’ve said in my opinion Dan Amartey and Cags go together as well as Marmite in a viccy sponge… as soon as Vesty came into the frame Cags looks so much better. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Am I really old and don't understand the youth of today, or has someone hacked Cag's Facebook account?? (I don't understand his comments on the Man U Facebook posts) 

I saw him post Leicester are Kings (misspelt Leicester) under a Man City post earlier. While he's correct, I thought he would be able to spell Leicester correctly so assumed it might be a kid was pissing about on his facebook - has he got kids?

Just now, turlo said:

I saw him post Leicester are Kings (misspelt Leicester) under a Man City post earlier. While he's correct, I thought he would be able to spell Leicester correctly so assumed it might be a kid was pissing about on his facebook - has he got kids?

He's written "bum" under one post and "kings" under another Man U post.... 

On 23/09/2021 at 16:15, AmyLGK said:

Am I really old and don't understand the youth of today, or has someone hacked Cag's Facebook account?? (I don't understand his comments on the Man U Facebook posts) 

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Over the last couple of days he’s posted a few slightly weird replies to a number of posts. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

For someone who is built like a unit, he doesn't seem to have much physical strength.  Bored of seeing him outmuscled by the opposition countless times.

Agreed, he seemed to get “bullied” at times by Vydra which isn’t what you expect or want from a centre back who should be commanding.

More worrying for me was the long balls that he was getting caught under and going over his head. The corner for the first goal came from one of those … we’re playing Burnley, we know how they play, but he didn’t seem to be able to cope with it! Horribly out of form and lacking confidence at the moment.