Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Just now, henrik_62 said:

An unproven Barnes who can’t even get in the side here and will need time to develop, as much as I think he’ll be a useful player in time.

Perez a good player but done his best work at Newcastle as a striker or second striker, another one being shoehorned out wide.

That’s before you talk about the lack of strength in depth out wide. A blind man could see you need far better quality out wide. Given Gray seems to be persona non gratis you have two natural wide players in your squad in Barnes and Gray.

You literally don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about to be honest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Mee-9

In all seriousness, I'm hoping we can get into half time 1-0. 

Yeah we're playing Chelsea away but this hasn't been great to watch. You know what you're going to get at Chelsea, but today we've just played into their hands. 

Maddison is spending more time on the floor than doing anything of worth. 

Our pressing is not really effective. We're closing down as a token gesture but we don't really believe we can win the ball, and we aren't closing off the options so it's very easy to play through us. I understand that Brendan Rodgers likes to play this way and it will take some time for our lads to get used to it, but it's going to be a painful learning process on the evidence of the game so far.

Just now, Finnegan said:

You literally don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about to be honest. 

It’s as plain as the nose on your face watching these first two games of the season.

Why would you have to play one of your best players in Maddison out wide and out of position if you had the requisite quality out wide?

• Like 1

Guest Cujek

Seeing madders and perez hug the touchline is making me feel sick inside. 

This formation just does not work. 

The only possible outcome is a cross into the box, with only Vardy waiting to meet it, that just isn't his game. 

Rogers may as well have just started iheanacho. 

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

An unproven Barnes who can’t even get in the side here and will need time to develop, as much as I think he’ll be a useful player in time.

Perez a good player but done his best work at Newcastle as a striker or second striker, another one being shoehorned out wide.

That’s before you talk about the lack of strength in depth out wide. A blind man could see you need far better quality out wide. Given Gray seems to be persona non gratis you have two natural wide players in your squad in Barnes and Gray.

That's "persona non grata", otherwise I agree with your post :thumbup:

• Like 1

I think it was predictable that Chelsea would start very well in Lampard's first home game as manager.

They did, we could be goals down, but we are not.

I think we are slowly pushing back the Chelsea dominance.

1-1 by half-time.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

It’s as plain as the nose on your face watching these first two games of the season.

Why would you have to play one of your best players in Maddison out wide and out of position if you had the requisite quality out wide?

That's exactly what I'm asking. Because we do have better wide options, Rodgers is just choosing to try something different tactically. Which isn't working. 

By the way, how did Kieran "never leaving Celtic this season" Tierney get on against Cluj? 

You don't even have a clue about your own club, kid, you're a long way off trying to tell us the strengths and weaknesses of our squad. 

Dunno for me .. Lets bring on attacking players .. best form of defence is attack! 

Dont like the x2 DM's, never had, regardless if its the right thing to do. Chelsea were allways going to be up for this game. As a non PL manager i'd have liked to have taken the game to them