Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We know that Maddison from last year can't play out on the left. We know from Newcastle that Perez is not effective out right. So Rodgers has nullified two decent players just to shoehorn them into the team and formation. Long high corners or throws into the box are also pointless. We should be 3 down. If Puel had done this he would be getting pelters.

Please don't bring that dour Frenchman in this discussion. 

• Haha 1

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Yeah but why is the key here.

if you had strong nature wide players the decision would become a lot easier and one of the midfielders would drop out.

Nothing to do with wingers, playing Hamza and Wilf means dropping Maddy or Tilly, cant play all 4.

Playing 4 means dropping other players like Albrighton who is proven or Barnes who is learning but it looks like Brendan does not want to drop one of the four at present, maybe he is still worried about the defence and thinks they need more cover?

I am no football manager, but for me the extra ability keep the ball with just one defensive mid and two better on the ball outweighs the extra cover you get when you play two defensive mids. I think you just end up having to defend more with two defensive mids because you just don't keep the ball for as long, which negates at least some of the benefit. I do understand the fear of getting ripped apart but we just offer so much less threat, which also encourages them to push up and gain confidence. Maddison created so many chances last season but, as we all know, he is just wasted out on the left.

• Like 2