Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Absolutely Woeful, I cant remember seeing much worse under Puel. Clearly the wrong shape, because chilwell isnt playing weve lost any width. Fuchs look shakey,  hamza poor, tielemans off, ndidi a bomb scare. Not good enough.

Has to be both albrighton and Barnes for hamza and perez.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We've got to take advantage of their tiredness second half. They've looked knackered since the first 15

Or they just pulled out after they got their goal since this kind of pressing is not sustainable for 90 minutes and they know that we struggle against a well organized defense. They'll kill this match on the counter if we give them the chance.

If the media had not built us up to be "contenders" for the top 6, I'm sure everyone wouldnt be reacting the way they are, it's Chelsea, away from home, lampards first home game in charge, they were always gonna come flying at us, their scoreline flattered United last week and I think most on here have took that 4-0 and ran with it as a means to us going to Stamford bridge and rolling them over, was and is never gonna happen, we aren't on any of the top 6 level yet, if we play like this ahaint teams who we expect to beat then I will understand the scepticism, but the talk and over reactions from some is pathetic, the perez stick is genuinely some of the most embaressing stuff I've read on here 

• Like 2

Okay so

The Bad

Maddison on the wing negates his biggest threat

Wilf looks like a frightened baby wilderbeast

We look a bit congested and are struggling to get the ball through to Vardy, possibly because we have no width

Tielemans getting marked out of the game for the second match in a row

Fuchs is too slow to play at this level. You can see him WINCE when Pedro, etc, race past him. Time is a cruel mistress. Always a legend in my heart though. FUUUUUCHS

The Good

We settled into the half and looked a bit better later on

Perez is lightweight but has won the ball back in some key positions. I like that.

Soy Boy looks BRILLIANT. 

Riccy P was picked up on the mic asking a Chelsea player if he was alright after the pair ran into each other like the good, sweet boi he is.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Hamza or Ndidi off for Barnes or Albrighton. Drop maddison deeper. That's what was working for us last season, no idea why we've changed it.

This.

Absolutely no idea why we changed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

That was awful.

We came back into it slightly, through no effort of our own may I add, because Chelsea backed off, taking a breather.

It's not an exclusive problem to us, it's modern day football but this ****ing about at the back has to stop, it's shit!!

And please can we get some decent corners in!

I thought we tended to get it up fairly quickly from the centre backs to be honest. When we did pass back, it's because it made more sense to do that than lose possession to Chelsea's press.

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I cant wait for us to have our first shot in the premier league.

Absolutely dog shit.

Wrong tactics

Wrong player selection

Failed in the window for attacking strength.

This is going to be a long season.

Perez weak

Tielemans shite

NDIDI should be fined 3 weeks wages for that mistake.

Choudary did ok

Ricardo is our only attacking player 

Maddison shit

Soyunchu good

Fuchs bad first half

Kasper did ok

Vardy Meh nearly

Evan's did ok

I don’t blame the players, I blame the manager and the coaching staff for this crap formation. Square pegs in round holes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Danny Clender said:

I'd be tempted to bring on the Tielemans we had last season, not this version.

Choudhury is not helping with his positioning, he can be helping out so much more, looks headless.

Maddison and Perez not functioning.

"Choudhury headless", what all that hair attached to?!!

re formation, I was expecting the double dm vs top six sides away and probably most top six at home, for Wolves maybe it was a little too respectful but I was taking it as horses for courses still, just that we've had two of last seasons top 7 to play so far.

Do you want  (might be worth a poll) :-

One fixed formation

one fixed formation with switching / rotation within it during game

Horses for courses incl 2 dm at times

Horses for courses but without 2 dm as an option

I agree that Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes when used are more effective in the 4-1-3-1 than todays shape but if we  can ride out these top six games with draws I don't care what the shape is.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Reality check we are better than this this formation is dog shit 

It's not the formation, it's where the players are playing.

Maddison is not a winger, and Choudhury is not positive enough.

Edited by Beechey