Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

We cannot let Evans, Soy and Schmeichel to be our main ball players for the second half! Come on. Rodgers has to change something to get our best ball players - Tielemans, Maddison and Perez into positions to play the ball back out from the back more. No point to have them on the pitch when they dont get the ball.

Maddison seriously needs to stop taking corners. As discussed last week.

Barnes and Albrighton on ASAP. 

I agree get Perez and Ndidi off for them 2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manders86 said:

Absolutely Woeful, I cant remember seeing much worse under Puel. Clearly the wrong shape, because chilwell isnt playing weve lost any width. Fuchs look shakey,  hamza poor, tielemans off, ndidi a bomb scare. Not good enough.

Has to be both albrighton and Barnes for hamza and perez.

Exactly my thinking with barnes and Marc 

What the hell was that?

We have a central midfield three, two of which are dreadful on the ball. How on earth are we supposed to build attacks through them?

Meanwhile we have Maddison, who everyone knows is only any good in the middle, stuck on the left wing. 

For the love of God bring Barnes on at half time for Choudhury, bring Maddison inside and actually give them something to worry about.

It might only be the second game of the season but we haven't scored in 3 and a half games now. 

• Like 1

We weathered the storm eventually, but we were half asleep for the first 10 miins and Wilf, WTF.

Second half they'll be at us from the off.

Just need to up the fcuking workrate with some composure.

Don't see atm how Perez is anywhere as good as Barnes. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Hamza or Ndidi off for Barnes or Albrighton. Drop maddison deeper. That's what was working for us last season, no idea why we've changed it.

Was how we set up in pre season too. No idea why we've changed to this awful formation. Need to get one of the DMs off and get a winger on, with Maddison moving centrally to be closer to Tielemans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Yeah there have been a number of occasions where we have no-one available on the left at all. Maddison should not be being played on the wing, it's a waste and doesn't work.

It is when we don't have a full back pushing on into the space. Missing Chilwell in this type of formation in which we use the full backs to attack into the space left by the inside wingers. 

• Like 1

I'm going to put a spin on that half, it's only 1-0!

The tactical master plan behind that starting 11 went into the bin after 5 minutes. Two weeks in a row we have put out a team not to get beat and not actually try to win a game.

Perez isn't a winger. I refuse to get on his back when he is being shoehorned into a position which doesn't suit him.

We're just second best to near enough everything. 

Our corners have actually got worse and I didn't think that was possible.

Expect us to equalise now we've somehow got to half time without being totally battered.