Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

There's no understating how poor that was. Both in terms of football and attitude.

Chelsea played very well in that first 10 but since then, they've been there for the taking. We've been happy to pass sideways and laboriously restart play at every free kick and throw in.

We should be making them nervous but instead we're making their lives easy.

Difficult to know who to bring off. Two of Perez, Madisson, Wilf and Choudhury. Could put Tielemans in that mix as well, it's only his ability to create something from nothing that saves him.

Bring on Barnes and Albrighton.

Why has Rodgers decided to play Maddison on the left? Is it because he does see him drifting in behind Vardy and Perez as a front two? Because I am at a loss to explain why you would expect Maddison to hug the touchline.

I just don't get it.

Guest Cujek
Just now, ozvaldo said:

I need to question Rodgers’ decision to not start with a natural winger. 

Perez and that fanny boy are shite in wide positions. 

Really frustrating to watch. 

Who would start wingers in a game were the formation requires wingers and a target man. 

We have neither playing this formation combined with the team selection is a joke

Sideways backwards, sideways backwards. I could play in this team if all we have to do is keep possession. No attacking threat in the slightest. 

We are giving Chelsea too much respect. 

Perez, Ndidi/Choudhury, Maddison off and get Barnes, Praet and Iheanacho on. 

Iheanacho for all of his flaws does provide good movement off of the ball and that's exactly what we need. Someone to create space for Ricardo!

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Once we got into our groove, there was only one problem: we had no left winger. Take Maddison or Hamza off for Barnes if we want to pin them back at all.

Loved Soyuncu, very calm. Ricardo our best attacking player as usual...

Yeah that’s how I’m seeing it too. I feel like Maddison is completely lost in that position and offers very little. His corners have also been shocking for the second game in a row. 

Regarding passing around at the back, Rodgers has always been known for it so I expect a few goals to be conceded in the manner our first was. I swear to you guys I screamed “man on!” but clearly my vocal chords and lungs need an upgrade. 

Considering the start I think we’ve done ok to weather the storm but our attacking play looks non-existent for the second match in a row. All our possession is actually just passing triangles between Soyuncu, Kasper and Evans instead of being meaningful possession in their half.

I still think we could get something here but the game will no doubt open up. Through our own inadequacies we could easily be more than one down. 

Finally our corner at the of the half summed us up. Awful delivery and 15 seconds later they had a corner instead! Madness. 

• Like 1