Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Once again, we have a manager who is overestimating the on-ball abilities of our DMs. When we have only one MF (Tielemans) who gets the ball forward with accuracy and who can link play, pressuring him and denying him the ball completely stifles our attack unless the FBs bring the ball fwd or we lump it. That is, if they assign a player or two to deny Tiels, we are f'ing stuck.

I missed the beginning, am I imagining things or is Maddison out on the wing again? Why would we ever play Maddison out wide? It takes away what he does well, and he offers us little in terms of attacking threat or defense. If BR won't play him in the middle with Tiels, then we may as well get him off the pitch and play Albrighton or even Demari, they will at least give us something in the attack or defensively. EDIT: Meant to say Barnes. 

Maddison with that slip, JFC that was awful.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1

This obsession with bringing through the youth seems to be our undoing at the minute. Fair enough, give em a chance but you never win owt with kids. We have got some proven players in their mid thirties like ihenacho but we are going for this kid from the development squad, this peroni chap. Ok he must be half decent to get the chance but I don't think he's ready. Checked on the club website and I can't find owt on him from last year's kids.

• Sad 1