Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

To be fair HPF I shall politely disagree.

He played devil's advocate a fair amount, I'll grant you. But I remember that he spent a lot of time trying to debunk opinion with fact. Of course, he got it wrong from time to time - we all do, even @ARM1968  :) - but I think he was genuinely trying to deal with the one-eyed hatred for Puel, who, for all his faults, was still a human being, not a 'non-person' as someone shamefully referred to him recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I remember that he spent a lot of time trying to debunk opinion with fact.

People in the media (myself included) were saying, and quite often, how Puel was ripping the insides of the club apart.

These were facts, not opinion, but some wouldn't have it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People in the media (myself included) were saying, and quite often, how Puel was ripping the insides of the club apart.

Most of us know this. Some people just like to be contrary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sure, some. But Babylon wasn't only dealing with that - he was dealing with people who weren't in your privileged position, who were coming out with hateful toss. You've already subtly shifted the terms of this discussion from Babylon to 'some', and you're talking specifically about what people in the media were saying. I am happy to believe you and trust your collective perceptions on this, but it STILL cannot be used for some of the crap that got said here (and I heard plenty at matches I attended too).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gosh the distrust of media rumours is so undeserved...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He’s playing in the same position he did for West Brom and he’s not playing anywhere else for us, so we need to judge on him there. He’s regressed since coming back IMO and doesn’t work with Chilwell at all.

He’s got something but he’s not showing enough at the moment.

Player development is not linear, we have a great group of young players, they are all going to have up and downs in form.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

On reflection, beat 90 we’ve played this season. It was an extremely open game and was always going to take a few goals to win. Vardy looked Razor sharp and took his goals beautifully. I though after half time Youri looked back at it, he is much better playing as a midfield two and having advanced wide options to find, his range of passing is incredible and we shouldn’t ignore this by playing narrow formations. Defensively we were absolutely solid again, minus the goal which to be fair was an excellent move. Very pleased with today, we probably kicked into forth gear today, so there’s clearly more to go. The most impressive thing was the way we killed the game after the third goal, very nicely done. Too work Rodgers.

We did well today. 

But Bournemouth played right into our hands. Played their best centre back at left back, leaving Vards to terrorise two immobile centre backs. Both central midfielders got booked early on leaving them buggered. A clearly below quality goalkeeper. Josh King disappeared. Harry Wilson wanted to play no.10 role ala Maddison leaving the left wing open for overlaps

Does anyone know if there was a penalty claim when Madison was slammed into the back in the box mid way through the second half? Looked stonewall in person but nothing given and no idea why not given at the time.

Also in the first half a Bournemouth player went down in our box with a head injury so ref stopped play as we had the ball near the half way line. Yet when play resumed Bournemouth had possession and didn't just kick the ball back to schmeichel? Seemed like poor refereeing to me.

3 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Howe can say Tielemans' "tackle" was rough all he likes. His players dived at least twice – one got Albrighton a yellow card and the other, luckily, the ref saw – and Wilson got carded. 

If that is what Howe's players are now doing, the respect he has earned as a manager over the past few seasons will erode quickly. 

That's completely fair enough, although I will say it was nice to hear a level of mutual respect from the two managers today. Still, Bournemouth lost and that's great :chant: