Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

So exciting for us at the moment, a fantastic young side, talent all over the pitch, a good manager, great owners, this could be an amazing season 

Rodgers has certainly got us buzzing again

TBH under Puel we’d reached a stage where I thought we’d go into games and boringly grind out a draw, or lose

This feels very very different 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldnt be so sure, I think Maguire will have a howler against us. The pressure is mounting on Utd already.

Teams seem to fall in to the trap of thinking it was errors that led to the goals we scored against them, Howe said it yesterday and Wilder last week. The thing is, that is our strength and main asset, we will force mistakes which are every bit as unavoidable at times as a fast, flowing intricate passing move. When you are being pressed and pressured in areas you don't want to be in and turnovers happen we pounce.

Managers just saving face for me. 

The first goal was classic Vardy, but to take anything away from the quality of his finish is just wrong. No mistake there, just an exquisite finish. 

The others all come from us hassling the defence, all from Steve Cook slipping up when under pressure I think? 

But as you said, we played some great football, it wasn't Bournemouth mistakes that cost them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The thing is Bournemouth are rare. They are a team who try and win every game, they never win ugly and dig in, they only know how to okay open expansive attacking football, so we loved it today. Most teams will come with two banks of 4, even wolves played with 8 or 9 behind the ball, and we will still have to work hard to win tight games. That being said it was an enjoyable game, Vardy was amazing, Soyuncu was incredible, Albrighton was either drunk, concussed or both. 

Not sure I agree with this. Every match we’ve played against Bournemouth prior to beating them in March last year was far from open. They used to know exactly how nullify us and close off any space for us to exploit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Not sure I agree with this. Every match we’ve played against Bournemouth prior to beating them in March last year was far from open. They used to know exactly how nullify us and close off any space for us to exploit.

Yep, they are normally open at home in general but have always found a way to close up and frustrate us in the main, I expected more of the same but that was a very unlike Bournemouth performance, I expected them to go back to that once they grabbed a quick equaliser but they didn't.

They made it far to easy for us. Not sure we learnt a lot about ourselves yesterday.

Hopefully Utd are as accommodating as well. Because from what I've seen of them, they are there to be got at defensively.

Thought we did well on the whole. The one area we need to improve is the final ball into the penalty area. So may times we were in great positions only to waste them with a poor final pass. Pretty much the whole team was responsible.

Tielemans is absolutely key. Ok he's not been great this season but his prescence on the pitch frees up Maddison to have more space in which to do his stuff. Maddison I thought was excellent yesterday, especially good to see him getting stuck into tackles, an area of his game which seems to be improving.

My only long term concern is that we are so heavily dependent upon Vardy. He was the difference yesterday. Imagine that game played with Perez or Iheanacho in his place. The result would have been very different in all likelihood.

Solid start to the season though I think we can and will need to get better.

The Bournemouth team, on paper is impressive.  In  the opening stages of yesterday's game, it was clear that there two teams packed full of excellent players.  I think that each team would welcome players from the other into their squad.

By the middle of the second half, Bournemouth looked deflated.  It is great to see that we have a team capable of exerting dominance against an effective team from the division.  

The players looked a lot more comfortable in their roles using yesterdays formation. I would like to see us go again like this at United, yes, it will be open, maybe a little naive, but we aren't playing Man City or Liverpool. It could pay off and be a real statement for the season. Much rather we give them a real go,  rather than 2 DM's, a close scrappy game which we would no doubt end up losing! :P

9 minutes ago, bfox said:

The players looked a lot more comfortable in their roles using yesterdays formation. I would like to see us go again like this at United, yes, it will be open, maybe a little naive, but we aren't playing Man City or Liverpool. It could pay off and be a real statement for the season. Much rather we give them a real go,  rather than 2 DM's, a close scrappy game which we would no doubt end up losing! :P

Agreed. We should go for it and take the game to them. If we genuinely have pretensions of a top 6 finish we need to be putting these to bed - damage their confidence even further. They won’t be looking forward to playing us, that’s for sure and their form is awful in reality. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

good win today, decent all round performance too imo

one gripe for me, is the way the media are blowing up YT's challenge on Wilson, yet hardly any sort of word on Lerma on Evans, 

both were as bad as each other imo

It was 2-1 when YT made his challenge

it was 1-3 when Lema made his 

context ............

fwiw, tielemans challenge looks terrible in slow mo but in normal speed it doesn’t look like a red. I would argue the same with lema. Players don’t make movements in slow mo. Referees (and managers) should take that into account when commenting ......

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It was 2-1 when YT made his challenge

it was 1-3 when Lema made his 

context ............

fwiw, tielemans challenge looks terrible in slow mo but in normal speed it doesn’t look like a red. I would argue the same with lema. Players don’t make movements in slow mo. Referees (and managers) should take that into account when commenting ......

I'm not sure what your point is here. So because the game is as good as won the punishment should be less severe? Sorry if I've misunderstood your point

18 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

anybody got a link to the leicester highlights from motd lastnight as i missed it and cant get it up on bbc i player as its a bag of w**k 

posted earlier in this thread by Strider:

https://footballhighlightspro.com/leicester-city-vs-afc-bournemouth-highlights-full-match/22373/31/08/2019/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not sure what your point is here. So because the game is as good as won the punishment should be less severe? Sorry if I've misunderstood your point

My point is that if YT is sent off at 1-2 with about twenty minutes to go. 

Lerma is 1-3 and last ten as they chase the game 

that’s why I wrote context. if var sends of YT then it’s likely Lerma’s challenge wouldn’t happen as they would have us pinned back with their possession play 11 v 10 

anyway, I didn’t think either were reds (although Lerma was probably a yellow which would have meant a red)

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I didn’t even think Youri was making a challenge to be honest. Watching it he’s trying to turn with the ball and gone off balance, missed it and connected with Wilson. It looks bad in slow motion, but there’s definitely no intent

Exactly how I saw it live and the replays look like it too. Unfortunately he's made a mess of it and should've been sent off imo. Hope nobody tries to make out it was a challenge made with any malice though. It was good of Wilson to say it wasn't deliberate

11 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I didn’t even think Youri was making a challenge to be honest. Watching it he’s trying to turn with the ball and gone off balance, missed it and connected with Wilson. It looks bad in slow motion, but there’s definitely no intent

When you do that action which Youri does occasionally a stray elbow might hit you on the face. 

Its one of those. Wouldn’t have been picked up if it took place in League 1 or below 

4 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Gonna stick my neck out here and say that I’d rather have Soyuncu in the team than Maguire. More pace and at least as skilful, though perhaps not quite as commanding in the air. Both players have the potential for the odd mistake.

Best performance over the whole match this season, particularly Vardy, but no one had a bad game. Even thought Gray did well in his short stint.

Have to say I actually feel more comfortable with him in defence. That might not last but he’s getting better and better.