Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

We all know how much we love Vardy, but is he regarded by yourselves as world class or not?

Do you think pundits, and fans of other teams regard him as world class?

A mate of mine called him a one season wonder a year ago- which is a shame, as he’s actually a knowledgeable bloke on football matters. 

THAT season aside I think he still doesn’t really get the recognition he deserves, which is a reason as to why some people don’t rate him as much as they should. 

Then, you’ve got this stat here

For me, he’s totally and utterly world class at what he does. I don’t know of another player who does what he does, with the pace he has. He’s two footed, good in the air and obviously frighteningly quick 

B0A96C83-853B-49BE-9F6A-D338B25B5C11.png

Depends on your definition of world class…?

for me, it is whether a player would walk into any side in the world…. Vardy wouldn’t I don’t think?

Love him though and he’s one hell of a player for sure…

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

He's the best striker in Europe with space to run Into and playing off the shoulder.  With a team that sits deep, closing off his channels, he is fairly average. 

It's why it's critical that we find ways to draw the opposition defence out. 

Best ever leicester striker for me. But JUST short of true world class with his shortcomings. 

If I take my blue tinted specs off for just a second and was brutally honest, I'd say no, he's not 'world' class.

He's English/PL class without a doubt and would walk into most PL sides I'd have thought.

For me, 'world' class is your likes of Messi & Ronaldo and although I love Vardy more than my wife and kids, he's not in that bracket.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I might be exaggerating but could we put today as one of his top 3 performances for us? Ridiculous he's all ours. 

Not exaggerating at all! He was unplayable today.

Out of interest what do you think are his best performances?

- Leicester 4-2 Man City. Scores a hat trick and runs Stones ragged all game long in the pouring wet rain.

- Leicester 2-1 Chelsea at home. Scores 1 and gets Mourinho the sack with this relentless running all game long.

- Leicester 2-0 Liverpool. Scores a worldy and grabs another as we continue to march towards the title.

- Man City 1- Leicester 3. Doesn't even score but gets in time and time again against Man City who simply cannot deal with him. Wins the corner from which Fuchs makes it 3-1.

There are plenty more that could be up there, but I genuinely think today was better then some of the above!

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not exaggerating at all! He was unplayable today.

Out of interest what do you think are his best performances?

- Leicester 4-2 Man City. Scores a hat trick and runs Stones ragged all game long in the pouring wet rain.

- Leicester 2-1 Chelsea at home. Scores 1 and gets Mourinho the sack with this relentless running all game long.

- Leicester 2-0 Liverpool. Scores a worldy and grabs another as we continue to march towards the title.

- Man City 1- Leicester 3. Doesn't even score but gets in time and time again against Man City who simply cannot deal with him. Wins the corner from which Fuchs makes it 3-1.

There are plenty more that could be up there, but I genuinely think today was better then some of the above!

That 5-3 v United too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If I take my blue tinted specs off for just a second and was brutally honest, I'd say no, he's not 'world' class.

He's English/PL class without a doubt and would walk into most PL sides I'd have thought.

For me, 'world' class is your likes of Messi & Ronaldo and although I love Vardy more than my wife and kids, he's not in that bracket.

Put Vardy  in Barcelona. Real Madrid or that man utd team he would be world class. With what team mates he’s had to work with he is definitely world class. Have bet him to top score golden boot this season.  Blue tinted specs on only my opinion 👍

Edited by waylander
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

When Vardy does finally leave, we will feel it more than Lennon leaving all those years ago. That’s how important he is. The talisman.

Honestly don’t know what we will do when that day comes... cry a lot I guess 

• Like 1