Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

He's obviously world class. 

He's statistically world class, you don't even need to know he's anecdotally world class. 

Anyone saying otherwise is just being some boring contrarian edge Lord because they want to stand out. 

Riyad is the most technically gifted player I've seen play for us but the best player we've ever had - for their position - is Jamie Vardy and I include Ngolo in that. 

• Like 3

I think he's never had the respect he deserves. He's probably not quite Kane or Aguero but he's a lot nearer to them than people think he is, and he's comfortably better than the likes of Lukaku, Rashford, Giroud and every striker outside of the top clubs.

• Like 3

Because of where he comes from he gets the Roy of the rovers tag and I feel that hugely unfair on him. Goals like today and that one he dinked over Lloris on the volley a couple of seasons ago show the level of technical ability in his armoury. What can't he do? He's quick, scores all kinds of different goals and runs his socks off for the good of the team. Oh and he loves to wind people up lol

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I am being honest. I honestly don't think I've said anything contentious.

Chances are, Vardy, who plays in arguably the greatest league in the world, with the ability to attract the best talent on the planet, is considerably better than Chandler, who played against defences that would most likely look amateur by today's standards.

i’m being honest too.  not saying you are being contentious just simply saying it would be hard to prove one way or the other. it would be super hard to give a full opinion on chandler because let’s face it neither of us have seen him play have we?

Edited by MPH

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's never had the respect he deserves. He's probably not quite Kane or Aguero but he's a lot nearer to them than people think he is, and he's comfortably better than the likes of Lukaku, Rashford, Giroud and every striker outside of the top clubs.

I wouldn't put Kane in the same bracket as Aguero. His numbers are ridiculous but he's a pure world class finisher. I'd certainly put Vardy in the same bracket as Kane in terms of what he brings to a team.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I wouldn't put Kane in the same bracket as Aguero. His numbers are ridiculous but he's a pure world class finisher. I'd certainly put Vardy in the same bracket as Kane in terms of what he brings to a team.  

Difference is Vardy's a winner

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

i’m being honest too.  not saying you are being contentious just simply saying it would be hard to prove one way or the other. it would be super hard to give a full opinion on chandler because let’s face it neither of us have seen him play have we?

I think you might be arguing against something I haven't said.

I don't need to have seen Chandler play to say that it's unlikely he was anywhere near as good as Vardy.

Vardy is one of the best strikers in maybe the best league in the world, playing against elite defenders. Chandler would have been scoring against defenders who would have been smoking 20 a day and drinking every evening, playing on a ploughed field. All I'm saying is that it's not very likely he would have been close to Vardy's ability.

Capable of world class performances very definitely. As is Kasper (despite the flak he gets and the odd mistake he makes), and I think Evans can deliver performances out of the very top drawer too. Ricardo isn't so far off either.

Different folks see world class so differently, we could talk all day about how we see it.