Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

Too many Posters seem to have Nightmares und issues with Kane...!!! Or  worse still have fits when some pannelist or pundit ,my Not positive towards Leicester

If he wasnt Spurs would many of you even care.

any player,any!!!  Stand up on their own merits,and not on any comparison.

I for one,would have had over a longer Set of games for England. Vardy & Kane has a pairing,and built around them,and kept Sterling/a.n.other on the wing..

Poor use of resources from the England manager & Coaching staff!!!

We also  shouldnt forget Vardy he was also loved & respected by England fans...!!!  Always a great cheer when his name went up!!!...

Again Top class,but never World class....!!      BUT OURS.!!!

48 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

For example Isn’t going to try and dribble past 3 players and putting them on their ass in a Mahrez style  . But will hound the defence relentlessly not giving them a seconds peace. 

Beat 3 players for pace, Maybe a Short dribble,with some Football nous, then Score or create a chance..!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

For example Isn’t going to try and dribble past 3 players and putting them on their ass in a Mahrez style  . But will hound the defence relentlessly not giving them a seconds peace. 

Spurs fans aside... kane will never win the affection of other fans coz he is like steve Davis  ( except he doesnt win); while vardy is an anti hero that everyone loves to watch... and he is a pl winner

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That was my point mate. 😂

reference to Lennon was to emphasise a previous time in history that we had lost an important player to the system/squad. You could also reference Kante. In my opinion, losing Vardy will surpass all of those.

I think id put it up there with losing o’neil, devastating 

World class? Yes, well... World Class for us.

Not on the same level, as, let's say, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. He's not an icon of the game, but he's our icon.

Still, the history books will hold a special place for Jamie Vardy. They'll tell a Cinderella story of a man who fought with some demons in his earlier years, only to overcome them and turn into one of the best strikers England has seen in the past 20+ years, coupled with the fairytale that was the 2015/2016 season.

Now only four goals shy of reaching Arthur Lochhead level or seven to get to Derek Hines' 117 goals for the club. These are 70-year old and 80-year old records respectively, btw.

Put that in context and be in awe.

It's going to take a while until we see a striker like him again in a Leicester shirt again.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

A different question but has any one player been more important to his club than Vardy has for us in recent years? Aguero is probably the only one I could compare

Edit: I've just read that back and it's a poorly worded question but I assume you'll know what I mean. It's been a long weekend lol

Edited by foxfanazer

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Spurs fans aside... kane will never win the affection of other fans coz he is like steve Davis  ( except he doesnt win); while vardy is an anti hero that everyone loves to watch... and he is a pl winner

Knows where he’s come from to gate crash the big time and completely unapologetic about it . Good lad 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Filberts lovechild said:

My god we are going to miss this lad so much when he’s not around anymore. Not only the goals is it really? The rustle, the closing down at breakneck speed, the giving zero fuchs about any opponent, not having his head turned by the “top 6”, chat sh*t get banged. Absolute c*nt to every opposing fan and big beautiful legend to us City fans, Sir Vards

When that first goal went in the name that popped into my head was Luis Suarez. Extreme talent and Shithouse antics.

Such an incredible combination............... when he's playing for your club :)

How fortunate I am to have witnessed a small portion of his career. He deserves a statue in front of King Power Stadium.

What a gift to us.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It’s not only impossible to compare, it’s also pointless. It’s a different game now.

As I say the word "ever" in the original post was used inadvertently. I disagree it's "impossible" to compare records, if anything it was more difficult for the players of yesteryear given the state of the pitches, balls and attire. Since the 70's I have conceded the statement could be correct although you would acknowledge the game is completely different since then so you could argue that it is "pointless" comparing today with 40 years ago.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

If Kane is Vardy is.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes, goals are very important to have, but feel that this statistic is quite harsh on Aguero and Vardy tbqh - both are better all-round team-orientated players than Kane, willing to fight for the team rather focus on adding to their goal tallies whenever they can (via numerous difficult shots - e.g. what Kane is known to do quite regularly).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

World class? Yes, well... World Class for us.

Not on the same level, as, let's say, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. He's not an icon of the game, but he's our icon.

Still, the history books will hold a special place for Jamie Vardy. They'll tell a Cinderella story of a man who fought with some demons in his earlier years, only to overcome them and turn into one of the best strikers England has seen in the past 20+ years, coupled with the fairytale that was the 2015/2016 season.

Now only four goals shy of reaching Arthur Lochhead level or seven to get to Derek Hines' 117 goals for the club. These are 70-year old and 80-year old records respectively, btw.

Put that in context and be in awe.

It's going to take a while until we see a striker like him again in a Leicester shirt again.

Surprised you didnt mention Arthur  Rowley whoprobablly scored more than all 3 put together  

11 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Surprised you didnt mention Arthur  Rowley whoprobablly scored more than all 3 put together  

Rowley and Chandler's records are likely never to be touched - for various reasons. Different style of play (2-3-5 and the likes), more goalscoring opportunities, higher scores, and Chandler alone lasted twelve years at the club, Vardy's currently on his seventh.

Lochhead and Hines are the two he's most likely to catch, at least ending up as our fourth-best goalscorer ever in club history. And that'd be a darn fine achievement.

Then comes Hine - and who knows...

People can debate whether they believe he's 'world class' or not all they like but the fact is there are very, very few in the world I'd trade the bloke for. He's just the ultimate. Sets the tone with aggression and attitude and he's genuinely one of the most clinical finishers I've ever seen - with both feet. AND he's capable of scoring absolute worldies.

Deserves everything from us until the day he leaves. Proper, genuine legend. 

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

On days like today he is World Class and when he is on a hot streak he is just a machine, but he does have poor games where he has no influence and poor runs of games. That is the difference between Kane and Vardy, Kane does it so consistently he even scores in August now. 

Kane has plenty of poor games himself. Just as many I'd say. I think a lot of it's the nature of being a striker.

8 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

If he'd come on to the scene before his late 20s he'd have been snapped up by one of the big 4 and then he'd be getting 40 goals a season. He's been getting 20 here with minimal service, scoring his only chances of the game on a regular basis. Last season he was feeding off scraps and constantly getting us out of jail, and he scored from about 14 touches or something last week.

Imagine the destruction he'd cause if we was at Spurs, Man City or Liverpool, it would be merciless. He's always been an all-round better player than Kane and his conversion rate is more impressive.

There's not even a question he's world class, he'd be an asset to any team. He was criminally underused and misused by England.

Agreed, if the Vardy of recent years had played for Spurs, Man City or Liverpool, he'd have scored enough to put this discussion to bed.

But if he had tried to break through with a huge club in his early or mid 20s, he’d have ended up on the scrap heap.  Wasn't he a wild thing who had long since fallen out of the academy system and hadn’t had high level coaching in years?  Neither his head nor skills were ready for the leap. 

With a big club, he’d have gotten only so much rope.  Here he was backed by everybody from the owner on down.  And got enough time and space to develop from a speed merchant (with an attitude)  into an artist (with an attitude).

• Like 1

Its all academic really but with Vardy its not just his pace, tenacity and clinical finishing, its about his back story, the unbelievable achievements, the 11 consecutive premier league goals, a premier league win. He's a role model for all the boys and girls with Vardy 9 on their shirt, a family man who represents the each of us mortals on the pitch. World Class? Nah... I'd say much higher!