Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You mean this one? :cool:

giphy.gif

Don't have the best quality for this one, which is a shame because this was a top drawer goal.

I remember afterwards it panned to Michael Appleton who could audibly be seen saying "**** me what a goal!" which just made it even better ha ha ha!

That's the one. Now if you could just combine all 4 into one gif at the same time overlaying each other that would be perfect. 

I'll be in my room.

• Like 1

On days like today he is World Class and when he is on a hot streak he is just a machine, but he does have poor games where he has no influence and poor runs of games. That is the difference between Kane and Vardy, Kane does it so consistently he even scores in August now. 

1 minute ago, Julian's Crown Jewels said:

Don't often talk football with the wife (closet Liverpool fan). I mentioned Vardy's greatness and she compared him to Mo Salah. I said he's better than Salah. I got a silly look. Am I being an Ostrich? 

Yes

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

On days like today he is World Class and when he is on a hot streak he is just a machine, but he does have poor games where he has no influence and poor runs of games. That is the difference between Kane and Vardy, Kane does it so consistently he even scores in August now. 

Kane has been very good but given the choice Vardy is a hero.

My god we are going to miss this lad so much when he’s not around anymore. Not only the goals is it really? The rustle, the closing down at breakneck speed, the giving zero fuchs about any opponent, not having his head turned by the “top 6”, chat sh*t get banged. Absolute c*nt to every opposing fan and big beautiful legend to us City fans, Sir Vards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Kane has been very good but given the choice Vardy is a hero.

Without doubt Vardy is a legend, I wouldn't swap him for Kane, but the difference between top top class and world class is being able to do it every game. We have all seen Vardy have completely ineffective games, we can blame Puel or Hodgson but world class players don't let that happen.

• Like 1

What I find odd is that's he's the only player in the league to consistently put pressure on the goalkeeper. Twice today he nearly nicked a goal by closing down and I'm surprised other teams don't deploy that tactic - more so now that every keeper tries to play like Pirlo out from the back.

Can we clone him for another one when he goes? Phenomenal player. 

There are better footballers, better strikers in the world but there is no-one we could realistically replace him with who is better and more effective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

But Chandler did it,in the age & enviroment,you mentioned,ploughed field an' all..!!!  Could Vardy????    .Ditto for still my favourite Player Weller.

Vardy,Mahrez has individuals,and with team, fully earn,for me that Legend Tag..next to Walshie,we have Mr Leicester Tags that Vardy easily fits into.

And for a Winklie seeing many of our top performers,Mr Magics, and wizzards, Vardy I just cant help,but love the guy like Mclintock Weller,Glover,Gibson,Rowley  even the Mighty String,before him....!!!  Then throw in what Kingy,Kante did for the club either for one season,or 15 seasons....!!!

World class!!!  No.!   International famous yes.!!!   Top European Club forward yes..!!  Unique Skill sets ..Yes!!  but again Not World class...!!

Leicester Legend yes!! PL- legend, Let Opposition fans Chose that !!!

Since Weller, my front 6. Vardy Shares my  Mr special accolade,  both Rebels without a cause, and varying  skill-sets for totally different reasons..!!!

Then the Bline players Historically have their own honourable place in My heart.

Don t Take for granted that Today is better than yesteryear!!! It was my generation who fought against the "what in My day". Quotes from Fathers und uncles...

But for the same reasons then,I would also support them against your Wild theories, ....ploughed field n' All....:jump:

lol Good point. It might be the case that Vardy wouldn't have fared all that well in Chandler's day. I expect you might need a different set of skills.

Also, Chandler would probably have been an even better player had he been given access to today's training facilities and coaching methods.

But still, I think my point remains - Vardy is a standout striker in elite league in an era where the money is eye-watering. There's no shame in being not as good as him, as only a handful in the world are.

34 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Oh my word,  lennon does not come close to how important vardy is to us!

That was my point mate. 😂

reference to Lennon was to emphasise a previous time in history that we had lost an important player to the system/squad. You could also reference Kante. In my opinion, losing Vardy will surpass all of those.

I’m glad he retired from England duty being water boy to Kane. We might just squeeze another season or two out of him that we wouldn’t have had otherwise.

His meteoric rise and continual improvement embodies everything about the club and what we want from players. He also has class of course, but it’s his values that draw people to him I think. He’s obviously a talented footballer as well. 

On the way home from today, stopped at a service station and Blackburn fans were chanting his name when they saw my shirt. Proper footy fans across the piste love him to for what he embodies - and that rarely happens.

It will be a sad day when he’s not leading the line. But I think he’s got a lot left in him yet.

• Like 2