Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Other than Chandler ( who i admit i never saw play) i think Vardy is by far the best striker we have EVER had.

I don't want to bad-mouth Chandler, but the standard of football today is so far ahead of the standard back then that I think it's highly unlikely he was anything like as good as Vardy.

Edited by Raw Dykes

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't want to bad-mouth Chandler, but the standard of football today is so far ahead of the standard back then that I think it's highly unlikely he was anything like as good as Vardy.

lets be honest, that’s not really a point either of us could argue about with definitive proof..

I honestly believe he is, yes.

I think he has far more to his game than those who don't watch him regularly give him credit for and if he was in a team of galacticos I don't think anyone would even ask the question.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

lets be honest, that’s not really a point either of us could argue about with definitive proof..

I am being honest. I honestly don't think I've said anything contentious.

Chances are, Vardy, who plays in arguably the greatest league in the world, with the ability to attract the best talent on the planet, is considerably better than Chandler, who played against defences that would most likely look amateur by today's standards.

The ball came over for his first goal and I shouted hit it and he listened to my coaching bang straight in the back of the net I think we need to be more direct over to him at times but he spends so much time out of the game but when he gets a sniff it ends up in the back of the net fantastic today when called upon! World class I don’t know but he’s probably just short of that title

Guest bss9401

What is world class at the moment? We play in one of, if not the best and most competitive leagues in the world.  If there are around 10 world class strikers in the world at any given time then is Vardy amongst them? Categorically yes in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Huth!

That's an impossible question to answer IMO, so I'm going to go with one you didn't list - his Premier League debut.

At home to Manchester United. 

2-0 down after 17 minutes and most players and teams would give up. 

27 year old Vardy however, chases ball to the touchline and to stop it going out wallops it into the box right to Ulloa, who grabs one back.

3-1 down on the hour, Vardy chases another ball into the box. Rafael thinks that because he plays for Manchester United, he has the right to the ball and no Leicester player will dare come for it. Vardy hadn't read that script, barges the Brazilian gobshite off the ball, then goes down under the most hilarious lack of contact you'll ever see. Clattenburg gives the penalty, presumably for a laugh.

2 minutes later, Dean Hammond takes a shot into the crowded penalty area. Vardy is in the way. He blocks it, dropping it right into the path of Leicester Fan Cambiasso. Wallop. 3-3.

15 minutes to go. De Laet dispossesses Mata, sees the United defence out of sorts, with Vardy in the what will soon be known as "the Vardy zone". It's Vardy 1 on 1 with one of the best keepers in the world. He's just a non-league player who can't believe his luck. He can't, can he? Cool as a ****ing cucumber, he slots it home in front of the Kop.

And to finish it off, he finds himself in the Vardy Zone again, bearing down on De Gea, with inexperienced Tyler Blackett chasing him. He's got Ulloa free. Slot it home? Square it to Ulloa? Nah, let the rookie foul you from behind. Penalty. Red card. 

5 bloody 3. Welcome to the ****ing Premier League Mr Vardy. Within 20 months you'll smash a Man United player's goalscoring record and become a Champion.

Legendary.

Yeah I can't believe I forgot that one! That is probably the best game I have been to because it had everything. The atmosphere was amazing throughout the game, Cambiasso made his debut and was brilliant, Ulloa scored again and showed he was a good signing, and yes Jamie Vardy announced himself to the world, and I think I'm right in saying that game was the start of "Jamie Vardy's having a party" as a chant.

An absolute KP classic!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

This is a huge gripe of mine. It wasn’t just Kane, it was Rooney too.

Total waste of one of the best English strikers we’ve ever had.

If utilized right, I personally think we would of reached the world cup final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Huth!

That's an impossible question to answer IMO, so I'm going to go with one you didn't list - his Premier League debut.

At home to Manchester United. 

2-0 down after 17 minutes and most players and teams would give up. 

27 year old Vardy however, chases ball to the touchline and to stop it going out wallops it into the box right to Ulloa, who grabs one back.

3-1 down on the hour, Vardy chases another ball into the box. Rafael thinks that because he plays for Manchester United, he has the right to the ball and no Leicester player will dare come for it. Vardy hadn't read that script, barges the Brazilian gobshite off the ball, then goes down under the most hilarious lack of contact you'll ever see. Clattenburg gives the penalty, presumably for a laugh.

2 minutes later, Dean Hammond takes a shot into the crowded penalty area. Vardy is in the way. He blocks it, dropping it right into the path of Leicester Fan Cambiasso. Wallop. 3-3.

15 minutes to go. De Laet dispossesses Mata, sees the United defence out of sorts, with Vardy in the what will soon be known as "the Vardy zone". It's Vardy 1 on 1 with one of the best keepers in the world. He's just a non-league player who can't believe his luck. He can't, can he? Cool as a ****ing cucumber, he slots it home in front of the Kop.

And to finish it off, he finds himself in the Vardy Zone again, bearing down on De Gea, with inexperienced Tyler Blackett chasing him. He's got Ulloa free. Slot it home? Square it to Ulloa? Nah, let the rookie foul you from behind. Penalty. Red card. 

5 bloody 3. Welcome to the ****ing Premier League Mr Vardy. Within 20 months you'll smash a Man United player's goalscoring record and become a Champion.

Legendary.

This is the start of an Incredible movie! Can't be real?! :nigel:

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I can't believe I forgot that one! That is probably the best game I have been to because it had everything. The atmosphere was amazing throughout the game, Cambiasso made his debut and was brilliant, Ulloa scored again and showed he was a good signing, and yes Jamie Vardy announced himself to the world, and I think I'm right in saying that game was the start of "Jamie Vardy's having a party" as a chant.

An absolute KP classic!

Nah I'm sure that chant goes much further back - I remember it in his disappointing first season.

I'm actually glad I wasn't at the KP for this match as my story for it is so much better that it brings me joy to even think about it. (I've posted on the forum dozens of times about it if you can find it...) In fact I'm grinning now. What a match.

• Like 1