Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

Tbh I don't actually care whether Soyuncu got a touch on the ball or not.

If you are going to be that stupid to fly into a tackle from behind in the penalty box against a team struggling to score when the opposing player isn't even heading towards goal you deserve what you get.

The hardest thing to accept about this defeat is, no team will probably have a better chance at beating them then that, and better united line ups will be beaten by lesser teams this season. Tactically it was wrong, and we showed a side far too much respect when it really should have been the other way round. I know you prepare to face the best team, and if they had the likes of Pogba and Martial playing I could understand it, but that was a completely underwhelming performance in every sense. Desperately disappointed Brendan. 

• Like 3

I’ve never felt so annoyed about a defeat. What a shit team selection; against a shit Manchester United team. Why, oh why, are we playing Maddison wide?!? FFS.

Can I add another thing as well.

Kanté - I didn’t mind him leaving us. I really like the bloke.

Mahrez - I didn’t mind him going either. He deserved the move and when he played, largely gave his all.

Maguire - Maybe it’s because he joined Manchester United, who I despise, however, I think he’s a massive knob. 

#MeltdownOver

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Tbh I don't actually care whether Soyuncu got a touch on the ball or not.

If you are going to be that stupid to fly into a tackle from behind in the penalty box against a team struggling to score when the opposing player isn't even heading towards goal you deserve what you get.

Exactly this - our continued decision making in examples like this hurts us so bad 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You won't see a worst MU team in years. So yeah, without even talking about top 6 and whatnot, it's very disappointing.

I know, that's what makes it so frustrating. They can't be possibly worse this time next season and it feels like a missed opportuinity to capitalize on their weakness.

They were nothing special last couple seasons already but these days it's like everyone says, an injury plagued mid table team with a world class goalkeeper. Nothing to be afraid of.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

As much as people go overboard when we win; they are those who go overboard when we lose a tight game away at OT. I was frustrated but over that now, and seeing the game for what it was; not terrible, we just shown them too much respect. We move on, still a young team learning 

Showing them too much respect isn't the young teams fault, but the experienced managers fault. The young team did what they could. 

27 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

1 of the worse ref performance I've ever saw every little thing went there way and how McTominay didn't get booked in that game is amazing he made about 10 fouls then at the end sat on the ball and still no booking shocking ref! Utd absolute shit we were the better side easy even if we still didn't play that well 

Plus 3 of our players got booked against him 😂😂😂

Maddison fouled him once and got booked. Maddison turned him pretty much every time and think got fouled around 5-6 times by him alone... no booking.

ndidi had his shirt pulled back by him... no booking.

Dirty kant player who should have had at least 2-3 yellows... Atkinson’s love child??

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 1

Reality check administered.

That was disappointing.

Evans best player for us, Schmeichel and Soyuncu after. 

Gray did not do enough in the Bournemouth game to start and I doubt he ever will again. Everything everybody criticises about his game was there to be seen today.

Chilwell is not good enough, yet, to boss the left hand side, he needs a player there to help him out, that player should be Barnes.

Rodgers should be there with his starting 11, this was a silly game to make such a change as starting Gray.

I want to see what we're about against Spurs, bar injuries, no more tinkering.

Why do the players think they have more time on the ball?, Man Utd were much quicker to everything than we were.

Very few positives to take from that game, we did defend ok I guess?

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I just want to take this opportunity and apologise for posting a link to where you can find the game and sending DM's for people to watch it. 

I am sorry for ruining your weekend. :ph34r:

And so you should be . We could have watched wolves get slaughtered 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

this is one of those perfect storms of a game being particularly frustrating:

- tactics and selection all wrong from the start

- immature performance (poster before absolutely spot on) - we weren't focused and it showed

- pen against for only goal of game that was both completely unnecessary from player's perspective and softish from ref's (I'd say it's a 50/50 - certainly not a particularly horrible decision).

- the opposition was awful (see above)

- we had some good chances - you wonder what would have happened had Maddison scored

- atkinson sucked (I'm putting this last because blaming refs is a fool's game 100% of the time - but still a fact and a necessary ingredient of any top tier annoying game)

If any one of these weren't the case, we come out with a draw at worst.  Ricardo was noticeably poor today, which could be partly due to the setup.  I actually thought Perez did well when he came on.  Maddison was great 2nd half.

The first point is the most troublesome - because this isn't the first time.  I can deal with a less than poised performance at OT in a big hyped up game.  I can deal with a young player making a mistake that everybody knows is going to happen every now and then (still - particularly bad timing for it).  I can deal with not taking chances.  And the ref seems to go against you sometimes.  But the tactics and personnel is completely on us... we beat ourselves.  It's so weird when a professional, well regarded manager doesn't see something that seems so obvious - specifically that a 4141 with Tielemans & Maddison central and actual wingers is consistently our best looking setup.  

I'm very curious to see what happens moving forward.

• Like 4

Frustrating game to watch today. Gray showed once again he's not good enough and never will be. He needs to be offloaded in Jan. Ref should of basically been wearing a United shirt from the start of the game. Any decision went their way. Team selection was wrong Barnes should of been starting over Gray. 

Edited by sharpylcfc