Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

A shocking Decision fro Atkinson to give a penalty that never was they were never going to score other than that gifted goal, Brendan dropped a right bollock with the change in squad from a great performance against Bournemouth to a shocking game against Manure!

Hoprfully Brendan will look back on this show he needs to keep Maddison more central needs to realise Gray isn’t up for the Prem move him on in January, he really got this all wrong today team selection and Tactics.

Some say don’t blame the ref but if not for his dreadful decision to award a dodgy penalty for a Rashyballs dive then we’d be sharing the points, he also allowed Andre to foul consistently and get away with it pull back a break on when James went down feining injury Atkinson was dreadful today !

But now Brendan needs to pick us up sort it out get us back to better football and winning ways against the spuds next weekend !!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People are gonna pile on Gray, but what do you expect from a player who hasnt be in the matchday squad for the majority of the season to come in against United at OT. 

Controversial, but Tielemans needs dropping for Praet for a few games

Tiele needs to be played with Madders next to him for a few games first.. Gray has had how many games now? it's time he went to Bournemouth or something

1 minute ago, twister said:

a outsiders perspective

I really thought you could contend for top four this year on ability, but second thoughts after today, because that was a immature performance today against the worst united team you will see in years.

You bossed the ball, but played without conviction in the final third, Chilwell's edgy  performance midweek seems to have dented his confidence a bit but  their were  looking at he   Gray was very poor  even though he seems to carry himself like he is better than he is, ran in to traffic head down all day without his head up. The corner summed  it up a young team trying to be clever rather putting the ball in the box, no wonder the keeper  was unhappy, Rodgers over thought himself today changing a winning team and the team only woke up after a hour.

Pluses were Ricardo at right back was good again,  and  bar the dodgy pen looked secure at the back you have two good centre halfs,  but compared to the second half at chelsea and Bournemouth that was miles off what your capable off. 

Yep this guy summed it up perfectly. 

Btw, going to any team in this league losing 1-0 is understandable. What isn't is going there and not giving yourself the best chance not to lose. I mean we could go to Norwich this season, batter them, hit the woodwork numerous times and a deflection gives them a 1-0. Disappointing but understandable. Today we didn't give ourselves that chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Schmeichel goes into the box for the late corner....

....and we play it short and lose possession.

Kasper was rightfully fuming.

I'd love to know our goals per corner ratio since Maddison started taking them...

Has a Leicester team ever scored less from corners?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes we got the team wrong and should've been more attacking. 

But, they scored from a penalty and didn't look like scoring at all apart from that. We were unlucky to not get a draw from that. 

By no means was that comfortable for United. 

Seriously? A draw from that. Thought a very poor Man Utd were very comfortable. If leagues gave minus points for a game we would have been given them. Lacklusture is a compliment.

• Like 1

Can understand why Rodgers chose that starting 11:

- 2x CDMs to keep it tight and in the game. The idea would be to give us a base to work from but that went out of the window after 8 mins

- Gray because he played well when he came on last week. Deserved the chance but ultimately did what he always does - very little

We need to stop playing the team in front of us and start playing to our strengths. Maddison is nullified out wide. We need to get him closer to Vardy and in his natural 10 position. 

3 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

I’m starting to get annoyed by Brenda’s small man ego syndrome. He’s just too worried about what would get written about him if he just went all out attack and feck the possession football off. 

I’m convinced he spends his spare time googling himself and is scared shitless of negative comments about his management style. 

Today was the day to go big- he didn’t , he was a man too worried about what might have happened and not positive enough of what could have been the outcome. 

Vain little man, more concerned with his image than showing real intent and letting those lads off the leash. 

what a weird post lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theadmans said:

Schmeichel goes into the box for the late corner....

....and we play it short and lose possession.

Kasper was rightfully fuming.

I'd love to know our goals per corner ratio since Maddison started taking them...

Has a Leicester team ever scored less from corners?

2 for 200

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

how im feeling right now (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) had to get that off my chest!!!! lets get the vodka out!

I’ve been on the Special K. Spannered right now. 

15 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

We were not unlucky, we created nothing

The better team isn't judged on sideways passes and higher possession

We are not good enough for top 6, been saying since day 1, we do not create enough chances in open play (been a problem for too long now)

We will not beat Spurs...

Sorry to be negative, but we deserved nothing

The quoting of stats thing really grates on me.

People don't seem to see the irony in it.

We took the piss out of other fans using the stats argument against us in 2015/16, now it suits, now we can use it to favour us, to help us feel better, change an argument, swing an argument in our favour people are all over it.

Probably gonna get slated for this and took this piss out of but i'm sick and tired of negative possession based football (Not just us, modern football in general), arguably, this possession football, is negative to me, who cares if we won on possession if that possession consists mostly of god awful sideways and backwards passing?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The penalty incident was very similar to the one Soyuncu got away with last week. 

I’m not sure either’s a foul but it’s hardly a scandal. Rashford has certainly bought it at the very least and given Atkinson’s performance over the rest of the game it’s hardly surprising he pointed to the spot at the first opportunity.

Today also saw another incident which is an oddity of how football is refereed. We had a corner towards the end of the first half which ended with Soyuncu having an off balance swipe with his left foot which trickled through to de Gea. As he struck the ball McTominay absolutely clattered him. Didn’t get anywhere near the ball, just took the Man. Nobody appealed. Why is that accepted? It’s a foul anywhere on the pitch.

13 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Terrible selection and setup. But even then we had 83 minutes to recover from the soft penalty and offered absolutely nothing against a very poor Utd sign.

so much talent in the team but Rodgers is stifling them with his defensive setup

I agree with this! Why were no super early subs made? We knew that there were no underhanded tactics regarding Pogba etc, did we need 2 DMs? Did we fck it's like Brendan is channeling his inner Puel. Sort the fcker out, yes it's man u away but it's a man u that is struggling massively. 

I'm Raging at that. 

Brendan has had 2 weeks to plan for this game. 

One of the worst United sides, with a couple of key injuries. 

Madders on the wing is plain daft and don't get me started on Gray. 

A missed opportunity but we have some special players and I think we'll have a good season. 

Maybe not as good as some people had hoped though. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

BRING BACK MY HERO CLAUDE PUEL

Remarkable similarity in last season’s game tbh. Expect this was a poorer United team! 

Pissed off with that performance - didn’t really have a good go at them. 

Given the decisions with Man U v palace game, I felt a ref was bound to give a penalty today for them. Atkinson is a long term big club favouritism shark 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox