Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

Once again you’d be hard pushed to tell the difference between a Puel displayand a Rodgers display. That’s been the case for at least 2 of our games this season, arguably 3 or 4 if we’re including the cup.

If teams come at us, we’re fine. If they don’t, we’re done for, especially if we play 2 defensive midfielders. Choudhury seems to be allergic to passing the ball forwards and lord knows Ndidi isn’t going to be starting many attacks. Added to that Ricardo seemed to be playing about 25 yards further back than usual today. Ordinarily he’s haring forwards but today it was taking him forever to get involved in counter attacks.

Absolutely wasted that game, that was a real chance to make a mark for the season even before their injuries. To surrender so meekly to such a mediocre team isn’t on.

The media, most of our supporters, the manager and our players all think this team is much better than it is. We’re still well, well short of the sum of our parts.

Appalling decisions from Roger's today. I could take losing if we had tried to win but to set up defensively against that side was unforgivable and it'll be exactly the same next week because we play spurs. We really had a chance to beat them and beat them well today had we gone at them and shown any kind of endeavour at all but instead it was like we were content with a 1-0 loss. I hope Roger's sees this terrible set up is just that but I wont hold my breathe, that will take time I'm afraid. I think that's why we are probably Roger's level. 

So frustrated and disappointed. So frustrated. We didn't even try. I don't know how gray and perez got on the pitch I really don't. No logic what so ever. 

• Like 3

Maybe now folk can get back to reality. We beat sheff u and Bournemouth, why us or the media need to suggest were nailed on for top 4 I'll never know.

Again today we showed our naivety,  both from a coaching and outfield performance.  We have some good and very good players but we are still in transition with a new manager who in truth is not too dissimilar in approach to the last one, although clearly is a much stronger leader and man manager.

The future is bright and our time to shine will come. The biggest problem we face is realising it before half of them sense a better route to riches somewhere else. 

Must be good times when we're disappointed Leicester didn't get points at Old Trafford eh? lol

Some disappointing performances: Gray, Youri, Ricardo, Cags... Most disappointing: Atkintwat being their 12th player and Rodgers' being too respectful with the set up

image.png.68a720b72656f9989149988701d1042d.png

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Way too conservative. When we had Tielemans and Maddison in the middle of the park we looked good and got hold of the game. I get that away from home we might want to be more defensive to start and grow into the game, but I felt we were way too passive throughout that match, and as soon as that penalty went in it was game over.

For me the lesson to learn here is that we should not be so scared to play our game. I felt we just played into Man United hands and gave them 3 points today, even though they were incredibly mediocre.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

how im feeling right now (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) had to get that off my chest!!!! lets get the vodka out!

• Haha 1

There wasn't even any effort from the players. We could've played for another 90 minutes and still not registered a decent chance.

Inexplicably dropped Albrighton and Barnes, started Gray and AGAIN started with two CDMs against the worst Man Utd team in 20 years. So frustrating. We didn't have a clue today.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

First game Rodgers really got it wrong - terrible selection and I'd love to know the reason Gray was selected. 

Shockers from Ricardo and Gray, Soyuncu braindead - thought Tielemans was tremendous though. Maddison also good but needs support with him.

Not sure I would describe him as tremendous, apart from one good ball to Maddison he seems lazy and looks for the simple ball.

Not one of his better games 

Poor result, piss poor performance.

Ricardo played like he was drunk, Soyuncu was crap, Gray failed again, Maddison was extremely wasteful, Vardy was left isolated.

We had a nice spell in the opening 20 mins of the second half but we soon cooled off again.

Man Utd had it pretty comfortable in the end, we made their average players look good especially McTominay.

Very very disappointing, Tielemans is the only player I'd rate higher than a 5.

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Disgraceful tactics, disgraceful result. Brendan Rodgers disgraceful. 

There's nothing quite like a foxestalk over exaggeration, it's about a million times more dramatic than a normal exaggeration. We lost 1 nil to man utd from a penalty mate the world ain't ended and nothing was disgraceful. We should have done better but hey ho. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Maybe, just maybe Man Utd aren’t as absolutely useless as everyone thinks, and we were on the wrong side of a tight game

Maybe, just maybe we aren't a good scoring team, and we need to start our best attacking side to have a shot at beating teams instead of unnecessarily playing two DMs like Claude did.

2 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

What a frustrating watch! Baffling how Gray was picked to start that game. 

Nah that's it I'm biting. 

He had a brilliant spell when he came on in the last game and looked threatening. He's obviously worked on what Rodgers wanted him to and rewarded him with a chance.

He didn't take it, so he'll have to earn it again. 

But it isn't baffling 

Just now, Frost said:

There wasn't even any effort from the players. We could've played for another 90 minutes and still not registered a decent chance.

Inexplicably dropped Albrighton and Barnes, started Gray and AGAIN started with two CDMs against the worst Man Utd team in 20 years. So frustrating. We didn't have a clue today.

agree wholeheartedly

Rodgers beaten by a third rate coach. The team beaten by a 3rd string team. 

Rodgers got everything possible wrong today. Waiting to hear the excuses for him. If this was Puel we would be calling for his neck after such an opportunity lost. United were crap so what does that say about us? How does Puel (sorry Rodgers) not know by now we need to play with wingers and go at these teams from the start. Instead of being second to every ball before we go behind

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Maybe now folk can get back to reality. We beat sheff u and Bournemouth, why us or the media need to suggest were nailed on for top 4 I'll never know.

Again today we showed our naivety,  both from a coaching and outfield performance.  We have some good and very good players but we are still in transition with a new manager who in truth is not too dissimilar in approach to the last one, although clearly is a much stronger leader and man manager.

The future is bright and our time to shine will come. The biggest problem we face is realising it before half of them sense a better route to riches somewhere else. 

We just battered man its drastically all over the park at old Trafford.

Yea Utd are relegation candidates and we need to beat teams like this but if we had recruited a better winger in the summer and a striker we would be more clinical in the final 3rd

• Like 1