Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

Im disappointed  we lost our unbeaten run...but why are people beating themselves  up and blaming Rodgers selection. We are a good team and show some good qualities  today.

We were unlucky.

We were the better team..

We'll beat them back at the KP. We are still on for top 6.

Bring on the Spuds.

• Haha 1

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Maybe now folk can get back to reality. We beat sheff u and Bournemouth, why us or the media need to suggest were nailed on for top 4 I'll never know.

Again today we showed our naivety,  both from a coaching and outfield performance.  We have some good and very good players but we are still in transition with a new manager who in truth is not too dissimilar in approach to the last one, although clearly is a much stronger leader and man manager.

The future is bright and our time to shine will come. The biggest problem we face is realising it before half of them sense a better route to riches somewhere else. 

but in reality utd are crap. they were even worse than i thought watching them today. that was a massive opportunity missed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People are gonna pile on Gray, but what do you expect from a player who hasnt be in the matchday squad for the majority of the season to come in against United at OT. 

Controversial, but Tielemans needs dropping for Praet for a few games

What game were you watching Tielemans was our best player. 

A really weird game of football. It felt firstly like a pre-season and then it seemed like our players decided that we were playing against Barcelona and gave a real gash team a hell of a load of respect.

I cant knock Rodgers here as he decided to go for Gray to attack Ahsley Young on the right and use his pace to help Riccardo when James attacked. Unfortunately Gray was woeful and does what he always does when entrusted to start, he just disappoints. Playing Barnes against Wan-Bissaka instead looked better on paper but not many get the better of him so attacking Young was the right move. Playing two defensive central midfielders was also the right call IMO, as they matched up against McTominay and Matic which our pair should have been all over. Unfortunately, our offensive players like Tielemans, Gray, Maddison and the attacking full-backs didnt play that well. If they fail to perform then we are buggered. We messed up chances to cross, one in particular from Chilwell, then Vardy did amazing work to skin Maguire on the right and crossed and no one was attacking the box. It was so lethargic its unreal.

To surmise, it was extremely frustrated to watch as it seemed this was the 2nd leg of a cup comp where we were defending a 5-0 lead. We had no urgency, no energy and it was shades of us under Puel where we are slack in the beginning of matches and had no belief. I expected a response in the 2nd half but we had possession but were probably worse that the first half.

Time to react at home to Spurs next week.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People are gonna pile on Gray, but what do you expect from a player who hasnt be in the matchday squad for the majority of the season to come in against United at OT. 

Controversial, but Tielemans needs dropping for Praet for a few games

Fort second half he made some brilliant passes and played well

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

The media, most of our supporters, the manager and our players all think this team is much better than it is. We’re still well, well short of the sum of our parts.

anyone with half a brain can see we're not the finished article but there's way too many people thinking that we're nailed on top 6 material.

that's exactly why I've not bought into the rodgers hype. I think he'll improve us but anyone expecting us to walk the top 6 this season is in for a disappointment. 

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Nah that's it I'm biting. 

He had a brilliant spell when he came on in the last game and looked threatening. He's obviously worked on what Rodgers wanted him to and rewarded him with a chance.

He didn't take it, so he'll have to earn it again. 

But it isn't baffling 

I'm just frustrated after the game to be honest. I know he must've have shown improvement in training and had a decent cameo against Bournemouth but it's just the same Gray we always see when he gets given a real chance. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

There's nothing quite like a foxestalk over exaggeration, it's about a million times more dramatic than a normal exaggeration. We lost 1 nil to man utd from a penalty mate the world ain't ended and nothing was disgraceful. We should have done better but hey ho. 

NO NO NO NO NO! not exagerating at all! we were shit the world is over im going to bed! GOODNIGHT!!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

Im disappointed  we lost our unbeaten run...but why are people beating themselves  up and blaming Rodgers selection. We are a good team and show some good qualities  today.

We were unlucky.

Bring on the Spuds.

You are too positive for me lol 

Edited by chapero82

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

We were unlucky.

Bring on the Spuds.

Because we've been poor in most games this season and he's stifling the creative by not playing with wingers

I’m starting to get annoyed by Brenda’s small man ego syndrome. He’s just too worried about what would get written about him if he just went all out attack and feck the possession football off. 

I’m convinced he spends his spare time googling himself and is scared shitless of negative comments about his management style. 

Today was the day to go big- he didn’t , he was a man too worried about what might have happened and not positive enough of what could have been the outcome. 

Vain little man, more concerned with his image than showing real intent and letting those lads off the leash. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

We were unlucky.

Bring on the Spuds.

We were not unlucky, we created nothing

The better team isn't judged on sideways passes and higher possession

We are not good enough for top 6, been saying since day 1, we do not create enough chances in open play (been a problem for too long now)

We will not beat Spurs...

Sorry to be negative, but we deserved nothing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Can somebody tell me, was it a penalty, from my stream it looked like caglar got the ball fair and square. How could var get that wrong? 

Doesn’t really touch Rashford; looked liked he leaned on him and Rashford just fell over...   soft no doubt 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

There's a good chance Man Utd won't be a top 6 side this season. Worst team they've had in my memory, and several of their most important players out injured.

We were pretty piss poor today. Set up too cautiously and paid the price. Showed them too much respect, when we have the quality to beat them.

Ref had a stinker. McTominay could have got away with murder without even a yellow card.

Really, really disappointed. Should have set up like we were the home team. Didn't need to be afraid of them. First goal was so important. We get that, we could have been picking them off on the counter.

Gray must have done something in training to earn a place in the team (gobjob?). Fuched his chance, anyway. Shouldn't be anywhere near the team any time soon based on that. Albrighton should be playing. Maddison should be central next to Tielemans.

Really had a good feeling about today. Might not ever get a better chance to win at Old Trafford. Gutted.