Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Post Match: Man Utd 1-0 LCFC

13 minutes ago, twister said:

a outsiders perspective

I really thought you could contend for top four this year on ability, but second thoughts after today, because that was a immature performance today against the worst united team you will see in years.

You bossed the ball, but played without conviction in the final third, Chilwell's edgy  performance midweek seems to have dented his confidence a bit. I thought   Gray was very poor, all pace no football brain, he ran into  traffic head down all day without his head up. The naive play was summed up by the way  your team managed the corner at the end.  A young team trying to be clever, rather putting than putting the  ball in the box to try and get a equalizer, it is no wonder the keeper  was unhappy.

Pluses were Ricardo at right back was good again,  and  bar the dodgy pen looked secure at the back you have two good centre halfs,  but compared to the second half at chelsea and Bournemouth that was miles off what your capable off. 

To sum up  Rodgers over thought himself today changing a winning team and the team only woke up after a hour.

Hard to (edit: dis)agree with much of that. 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, theadmans said:

Schmeichel goes into the box for the late corner....

....and we play it short and lose possession.

Kasper was rightfully fuming.

I'd love to know our goals per corner ratio since Maddison started taking them...

Has a Leicester team ever scored less from corners?

I was thinking that since our two best corners were effectively taken by Tielemans on training ground routines, why not just let him take the corners in the first place?

If we're going to play two defensive midfielders, we have to sacrifice one of Maddison or  Tielemans. We need to keep width, and play a team that means we can take advantage if we get on top. Football management is about tough decisions. If Rodgers insists on playing Ndidi and Choudhury, that's the tough decision he has to make.

3 minutes ago, theadmans said:

Schmeichel goes into the box for the late corner....

....and we play it short and lose possession.

Kasper was rightfully fuming.

I'd love to know our goals per corner ratio since Maddison started taking them...

Has a Leicester team ever scored less from corners?

What?  We’ve been utter dog wank from corners for years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

We were not unlucky, we created nothing

The better team isn't judged on sideways passes and higher possession

We are not good enough for top 6, been saying since day 1, we do not create enough chances in open play (been a problem for too long now)

We will not beat Spurs...

Sorry to be negative, but we deserved nothing

Unlucky with giving away a silly penalty. 

Unlucky Maddison, Chilwell and Ndidis efforts were not converted.

They were defending for most of the game.

They were there for the taking.

It wasn't our day...but I think we will make up for this disappointment  by beating  Spuds.

I believe in Brendan.:scarf:

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can somebody tell me, was it a penalty, from my stream it looked like caglar got the ball fair and square. How could var get that wrong? 

No, he didn't get a touch on the ball.

Despite upteen people claiming it was 'soft', he didn't just 'brush' or 'clip' Rashford. He cut hard across him and effectively took him out. Penalty.

Edited by turtmcfly

12 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Must be good times when we're disappointed Leicester didn't get points at Old Trafford eh? lol

Some disappointing performances: Gray, Youri, Ricardo, Cags... Most disappointing: Atkintwat being their 12th player and Rodgers' being too respectful with the set up

image.png.68a720b72656f9989149988701d1042d.png

You won't see a worst MU team in years. So yeah, without even talking about top 6 and whatnot, it's very disappointing.

It was a game we had more possession, more shots, more corners... and we played 2 dms, that is the issue I have. Felt on the whole a draw would have been a fair result, as bad as Man U were going forward, they did defend well. We looked more a threat once we played Maddison and tielemans more in the middle, so hopefully we will start seeing this from now on. 

When Brendan realises we have some fantastic attacking players and decides to **** what the opposition set up as and make them play our game, we will get more points. When we try and set up against the shite such as today we are going to drop more points than we pick up. 

Come on Brendan, get a grip and go at these cünts 

• Like 2

Frustrating, but not the end of the world, Brendan just got it wrong.

Gray was textbook Gray today, painfully indecisive and no end product, I think we will really regret not signing a top winger.

Maddison has to play central with Tielemans, he's wasted out wide and we get no width down the left hand side.

Few players not at their best today and ultimately it came down to a mistake.

Onwards and Upwards!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People are gonna pile on Gray, but what do you expect from a player who hasnt be in the matchday squad for the majority of the season to come in against United at OT. 

Controversial, but Tielemans needs dropping for Praet for a few games

I'd give Youri some bench time too. He's playing below his last season standards from matchday 1. Madders is in so much better form it's almost embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It was a game we had more possession, more shots, more corners... and we played 2 dms, that is the issue I have. Felt on the whole a draw would have been a fair result, as bad as Man U were going forward, they did defend well. We looked more a threat once we played Maddison and tielemans more in the middle, so hopefully we will start seeing this from now on. 

Possession in the areas that don’t trouble teams 

Defence 

from Side to Side