Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I can't stress enough how much Ndidi in particular wants to stay if we can get CL. I honestly don't see him going.

How do you know? Not doubting it, just curious as to whats given you that level of confidence. 

Only just behind Vardy leaving/retiring is my fear of having to replace Wilf

Every season and every game wilf is getting his name into the lcfc legends book. The comparrisons of him with kante are old news. He has passed comparrisons and is now recognised for what he is. An absolute baller. More power to the guy, and every game he turns out for us should be viewed as a gift quite frankly. He's up thier with vardy and scheimecal in terms of what he's enabled the club to become. Anyone who says otherwise, I'll see you outside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wilf was outstanding for us on Saturday and very much seems to be the difference when we win.

I wonder if Fofana could be groomed as a possible successor if he (Wilf) were to be lured elsewhere, or as a backup when we don’t need him (young Wes) to be playing CB. I know moving players around isn’t very popular here, but he does seem to have a similar skill set.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

Did anyone pick up that he has added turns to his arsenal of tricks? He is really improving a lot in terms of ball control and passing. That was his main issue in the past and why he has not only attracted criticisms but also questions about whether he has an overall negative impact in certain games especially when the opposition plays a high press and we can’t seem to get out of our half. That was when he kept losing the ball, or can only backpass, etc, and when combined with Chilwell, we got found out by the opposition teams and we played boring sideway football again. Now Ndidi has stepped up. Well done.

43 minutes ago, JackSpade said:

Did anyone pick up that he has added turns to his arsenal of tricks? He is really improving a lot in terms of ball control and passing. That was his main issue in the past and why he has not only attracted criticisms but also questions about whether he has an overall negative impact in certain games especially when the opposition plays a high press and we can’t seem to get out of our half. That was when he kept losing the ball, or can only backpass, etc, and when combined with Chilwell, we got found out by the opposition teams and we played boring sideway football again. Now Ndidi has stepped up. Well done.

Learnt from Youri? 

21 hours ago, JackSpade said:

He’s getting better and better as an all round midfielder, that’s for sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Legit one of the best in Europe. If you search for the best DC, DMC or MC in Whoscored you get this.

1815263477_Screenshot2021-02-21at13_40_38.png.975d2882bcca2f547902a17ce5e97642.png

It's amazing he loves it here too.

Behind Mason Mount? Really? Different players obviously, but Wilf more valuable IMO.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

On 16/02/2021 at 19:50, OadbyBlue said:

I think people overstate the whole big club thing in attracting players, at the end of the day it’s the football, lifestyle and wages that really count.

Man City had no issues attracting quality players after their cash injection, which in turn made them a much better team, attracting more quality. They aren’t a big club historically, and are based in a city that’s probably only slightly more attractive to a foreigner than Leicester, it’s no London in most people’s eyes and we are a good couple hours closer to the capital.

Disagree to an extent. When the money first came from Abu Dhabi - Robinho, Bellamy, De Jong, Bridge and Given was hardly a selection of stars. 

It took a year and the appointment of Mancini to get some real class players 

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Disagree to an extent. When the money first came from Abu Dhabi - Robinho, Bellamy, De Jong, Bridge and Given was hardly a selection of stars. 

It took a year and the appointment of Mancini to get some real class players 

Robinho was a massive coup at the time, and De Jong was also highly

rated. The season after players like Tevez, Adebayor, Barry and Lescott followed who were comfortably out of reach for the teams around them in mid table.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Reginaldo said:

One of the most impressive things is how much better Wilf's passing, and taking the ball on the half-turn. Kudos to Wilf, Brendan and the team. Many of our goals are now instigated by him.

Hes the main reason we can control most games vs a majority of the teams.
He’s also nearly always the reason that Youri has the license to show how good he is and get on the ball in space more.

Id go as far to say only Man City have a better CM than us with Youri and Wilf as a CM double.

I find it absolutely remarkable that Utd, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal won’t be going out their way for these 2. The key to our 21/22 season to maintain a battle with the big 6 remains in our ability to keep these 2.

• Like 4

I'd fancy my chances against John Fleck and Oliver Norwood but he was great today lol 

We are at his best when he wins the ball higher up the pitch, sometimes when we are negative he is too deep and a defensive midfield position sometimes restricts him weirdly. 

• Like 1