Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

2 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

How is it tougher than Spain when you can sit third after losing a massive 8 games at home   Taking out Man C  and recently Chelsea there isnt  a really strong side when have Arsenal Liverpool Spurs  been so week 

I think you only have to look at the big European competitions as evidence of how strong and competitive the prem is. Anyone can smack anyone on their day as Leeds and Newcastle have just shown.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

How is it tougher than Spain when you can sit third after losing a massive 8 games at home  Taking out Man C  and recently Chelsea there isnt  a really strong side when have Arsenal Liverpool Spurs  been so week 

Perhaps because it has 3 of the 4 finalists in Europe’s two top club competitions, including the world’s toughest club competition?  

Obviously, there’s always going to be some subjectivity in such discussions, but the EPL is consistently a difficult and competitive league. Thus, even if it’s not universally considered the toughest, it’s definitely up there!

Edited by NaijaFox

38 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Perhaps because it has 3 of the 4 finalists in Europe’s two top club competitions, including the world’s toughest club competition?  

Obviously, there’s always going to be some subjectivity in such discussions, but the EPL is consistently a difficult and competitive league. Thus, even if it’s not universally considered the toughest, it’s definitely up there!

I  agree it is up there  but  look how many times it has been won by a Spanish side or a german side compared to the Premier league  and dont forget who we lost to when third in the premier whilst a mid table spanish side are in the final

57 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

How is it tougher than Spain when you can sit third after losing a massive 8 games at home   Taking out Man C  and recently Chelsea there isnt  a really strong side when have Arsenal Liverpool Spurs  been so week 

I think you answered your own question with your question.

More defeats for the teams sitting at the top means it’s more competitive 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday was the worst I've seen of him, but he's at his best as the lone defensive midfielder. I'm not sure why we're trying to change his game. In his preferred position in front of a back four he can do all the mopping up and when distributing the ball he has options of attacking midfielders, wingers or overlapping full backs. Currently when paired in a two with Tielemans in front of a back five he has options of Tielemans next to him or wing backs who are going to either pass back inside or go back to the three centre backs. Other than Justin and Barnes injuries I don't understand Rodgers forcing this formation onto us, even without them we'd surely be better in our most comfortable 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think you answered your own question with your question.

More defeats for the teams sitting at the top means it’s more competitive 

How about the top teams are much weaker I  suppose when we  only  lost  3 it wasnt competitive

When I say overhyped I mean mistaking a very good player i. e. Wilf and Youri for a truly world class player like Gerrard, Touré , Scholes , Xavi etc. You have to do it for years to get in their class . Can they get there? Yes they can but they have a way to go yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

He seems so much happier sat deeper (behind 2 8's) than in a midfield 2.

....yeah, he likes to work on his own and be allowed to do his work!!!

He is not at his best when playing with another Defensive Midfielder and likes to do the job on his own.

Terrific once again.

His partnership with Youri is crucial in our side. I can’t be bothered to go back and find it; but at half time last night someone asked for him to be subbed. I couldn’t comprehend it...!

How much is he worth? At least 90mil surely.

On 08/05/2021 at 15:13, NaijaFox said:

Wilf is leading Ngolo on EVERY statistic this season despite having played LESS minutes, from tackles (where Wilf is the league leader per game) to assists, passing, and even dribbling. Statistics is obviously not everything in football, but makes a comparison between both hardly “delusional”.

I think Kante is probably the better player after winning a ball and driving forward. Ndidi can look a bit rushed and lack composure at times but he has definitely improved over the past couple of years. Overall, a very important player to us and on his day can be as good as anyone. There are a lot of times where he gets a freekick blown against even when he has won the ball. I guess the way he goes in and his legs fly about makes it look like a foul.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Terrific once again.

His partnership with Youri is crucial in our side. I can’t be bothered to go back and find it; but at half time last night someone asked for him to be subbed. I couldn’t comprehend it...!

Ndidi and Youri bossed it last night. Any of them two could have been MOTM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Ndidi and Youri bossed it last night. Any of them two could have been MOTM.

Agreed! Ndidi on the ball is clear of the player he was 18 months ago. Seems a lot more comfortable now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Don't know what was more impressive. His performance or the fact he avoided being booked.

Definitely got away with that!

Second half performance was ridiculous. Loved his continued body swerve to keep possession. And whilst he does still have moments where you question his ability on the ball, that has come on leaps and bounds now.

Overall been a mixed bag this season for him but that's partly down to how high he's set the bar and when he's at it, he's the best around at what he does.

He has been mostly very sound and consistent all season without taking the limelight. He is a very technically good D.M. tackling, positioning and heading. He reads the game very well and that should get even better. Ngolo's game reading though is among the best I have ever seen and he is rightly grouped with Makalele. However we have been lucky to find such a quality , reliable player as Wilf and there should never be any talk of him leaving.

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Agreed! Ndidi on the ball is clear of the player he was 18 months ago. Seems a lot more comfortable now

Totally agree. My biggest critic of him was how was on the ball, even in this thread I've brought it up in the past. He looks better on the ball now. Only thing is he hasn't got the composure when he gets into the opposition area (like yesterday ha) but he's a holding midfielder so not really his job!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, M0901 said:

Terrific once again.

I criticised him first half, more out of frustration that we were so dependant on Youri doing all the creative work. Ndidi would push up alright, but lacked the urgency or vision to do anything with the ball. Should we expect that of him? Probably not, but if he can work on that side of his game as well, we can have more moments like his assist for Kel against Burnley.

1 hour ago, shen said:

I criticised him first half, more out of frustration that we were so dependant on Youri doing all the creative work. Ndidi would push up alright, but lacked the urgency or vision to do anything with the ball. Should we expect that of him? Probably not, but if he can work on that side of his game as well, we can have more moments like his assist for Kel against Burnley.

He has most of Busquets ability defensively but distribution is something he needs to improve. When he gets that right he will be genuinely world class.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He has most of Busquets ability defensively but distribution is something he needs to improve. When he gets that right he will be genuinely world class.

Way better defensively than somebody like Busquets and equally a long way off in terms of ability on the ball. Wilf is playing a role like Makelele whereas guys like Fabinho, Rodri, Busquets etc play much more of a playmaker role in there.

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Way better defensively than somebody like Busquets and equally a long way off in terms of ability on the ball. Wilf is playing a role like Makelele whereas guys like Fabinho, Rodri, Busquets etc play much more of a playmaker role in there.

Peak Busquets was a formidable defender but of course is getting old now. Wilf doesn't need to make the killer pass but needs to pick an accurate long one and not just lay it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to read this, although i have no clue how reliable soccernet is:-

Ndidi breaks silence after Leicester’s UCL failure as he drops hint on his future

in EPL, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, UCL
Europa League: Chukwueze Scores Ndidi Returns In A Night Of Mixed Fortunes For Nigerian Stars

The Foxes suffered heartbreak on the last day of the season once again following a damaging home loss to Spurs on Sunday afternoon

Ndidi has admitted that Leicester City did not achieve their goal but said the club could take consolation from the fact that they also made history.

The Nigerian international also dropped the biggest hint that his future is at the King Power Stadium despite suggestions he could leave.

Leicester finished the just-concluded Premier League season in fifth place, while they also won the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history.

It’s a successful season by their standard, but there’s still a feeling of disappointment in the club after they missed out on Champions League football on the last day for the second straight season.

The Foxes had stayed inside the top four for most parts of the campaign, but a drop in form at the business end of the season allowed their rivals to catch up on them.

Nonetheless, Brendan Rodgers men were still in with a chance going into their final game against Tottenham Hotspur.

The Foxes knew they would qualify for the Champions League should either Chelsea or Liverpool fail to win, and they beat Spurs.

Chelsea did lose, but Leicester could not capitalise as they suffered a 4-2 loss to the Lilywhites at the King Power stadium.

It’s a result that left the team disappointed, and Ndidi has admitted that they failed to reach their target, although he added that there were positives, especially with the FA Cup win.

The Nigerian international took to his social media pages to break his silence following the defeat.

“Unfortunately, we didn’t hit our target but we come back stronger next season,” Ndidi said on his Twitter account. Oh yeah, we made history.

Capture.png

The disappointment of not qualifying for the Champions League could’ve left Ndidi thinking about a move away, but the 24-year-old said he’s already looking to next season with the club.

Ndidi has a contract at the King Power Stadium that runs till 2024.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'd like to see his contract extended. Hopefully club are working on it. 

Was it a 6 year deal he signed in 2018?

Is he the only player we've had who has ever signed a 6 year deal? lol

Another one would do the job 

Absolute boss player. I really hope he stays as he’s so crucial to us.

If him and Youri stay then we won’t go to far wrong! Get him on a big contract and if we fail again next season promise they can go. I wouldn’t begrudge either of them leaving - they both belong right at the very top.