Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a good name too. Cags works, I think.

Should have a FT dog walking get together. Wilf, Muzzy and Cags. Could have a dog walking league. Start a separate forum chatting about dog training techniques. Could sack off the football altogether eventually.

I'll start a separate thread if the mods allow.

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a good name too. Cags works, I think.

Should have a FT dog walking get together. Wilf, Muzzy and Cags. Could have a dog walking league. Start a separate forum chatting about dog training techniques. Could sack off the football altogether eventually.

Mines called Nigel so he can lead the walk.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

My dogs favourite player is Barc Albrighton

My dog's favourite was Steve Puppy but he always admired Kennel Dog-leash.

Dogs, puns and football!  Now you're talking.  Three of my favourite things.  :mellow:

Edited by murphy

Actually serious note huge increase in dog ownership last 18 months and im not sure that all these pets will be well looked after long term .I had a dog years back but no way Id take one on now .Ive seem them locked up indoors even in cages in kitchens ,cats locked in hot conservatories(I did contact RSPCA on that one ) my neighbour who has been shielding and taken daughter out of school bought a kitten about 6 months ago and it has never been outside the upstairs flat - some of this is not good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

How easy is it to train dogs to play football? 

Not sure. But we do have a world class academy. Might be demotivational though: “What do you mean it’s hard to stay onside? I’ve trained sparky to do exactly that. Just watch him. He’s got it down pat.”

• Like 1

I know defensive midfielders aren't fashionable but how Man Utd and Man City aren't all over someone like Ndidi I'll never know. Seen the importance of Kante in the big games and the two Manchester clubs have nothing even close. 

Not that I want him to leave of course, just feel he deserves the recognition of being linked somewhere lol

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know defensive midfielders aren't fashionable but how Man Utd and Man City aren't all over someone like Ndidi I'll never know. Seen the importance of Kante in the big games and the two Manchester clubs have nothing even close. 

Not that I want him to leave of course, just feel he deserves the recognition of being linked somewhere lol

man city have rodri and fernandinho. agree about utd tho

Ndidi is a brilliant DM

I think he just suffered as the whole team suffered, due to all the injuries. You could see in that last game, all our players were just physically spent. The FA cup drained the last bit of energy out of them.

Wilf will bounce back next season and just continue to do what he does best. Spoiling opposition attacks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 15:10, Steve Earle said:

I doubt I’m on my own but love Wilf as I do, I can’t help but feel embarrassed to have rated him for the past couple of seasons ahead of Kante. Tuchel has restored Kante to his proper position and he’s still the best CDM in the world.

I was noodling around on fbref to check out Bertrand’s defensive stats, and came upon the least surprising statistic of the 2020/21 season.

Who do you figure ranked #1 and #2 in the PL in tackles + interceptions / 90’ (among regular players)?

(If you need me to tell you it’s Ndidi and Kante, have a day off)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are all so complacent about Wilfred Ndidi, but the guy is an absolute monster.

Kante was brilliant, but only played one season for us. Wilf has over 200 games and is part of this new incredible era the club is living through. He terrorised the Man City midfield today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1