Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

dont blame them to be fair, they wont pay what we would want for Maddison. I dont think they will be alone though everyone in the top 4 + others around the world would want him as well i would have thought. 

He's stronger than Maddison and has pretty much carried Villa single handedly this season.. he's a cretin..but one Hell of a footballer!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's stronger than Maddison and has pretty much carried Villa single handedly this season.. he's a cretin..but one Hell of a footballer!

Helps when you are the sole source of creativity in a team what largely sits back. Got moved out of centre midfield to play on the wing. 

Maddison isn’t a fair comparison as he plays deeper in central midfield. Mahrez in Puel era Leicester is probably a fairer comparison to make

12 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I legit had a dream the other night that Grealish played in our team. So we had Vardy with Maddison  Barnes and Grealish behind him.

Do you guys reckon Grealish could fit into our system? Can he play on Perez's wing? @StriderHiryu

Grealish plays in Barnes position for Villa, but Barnes has on occasion been played down the right hand side.

I would welcome Grealish personally. Not the biggest fan of his personality, but he's a very good player as he's proved in all of our games against Villa this season. He's also good friends with Maddison off the pitch. Let's be honest he's carrying that Villa team at the moment, despite being a young player.

I think he will end up at Man United though as others have said. Villa will also probably want 50-60m for him, which is too much for us. Man U might pay it.

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Would love JG here to be honest. 

To be fair if we got champions league we’d have some pull and JG wouldn’t have to move from Birmingham if he swapped for us. Impossible to compete with Man Utd from a stature and financial perspective though. Would have been fun to see how Maddison/Tielemans/Grealish would work.

Just now, Fox in the North said:

To be fair if we got champions league we’d have some pull and JG wouldn’t have to move from Birmingham if he swapped for us. Impossible to compete with Man Utd from a stature and financial perspective though. Would have been fun to see how Maddison/Tielemans/Grealish would work.

How Villa have been playing Grealish recently he would be up against Perez in the pecking order. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Wonder if Grealish has a relegation clause in his contract.. Would make him much cheaper. Imagine if he signed for us instead of Utd! lol

i think its around £45m but don't quote me

but JG is not going to leave villa for that ….. he wont screw over the club he supports ….. usually, a player leaves for the release clause and his people get the extra value in him into his s/o fee or salary. cant see that happening with him.

Utd may want him and he may be their number one priority but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll get him.

I thought he'd go to Spurs but they have got Alli, Lo Celso, Bergwin now and Lamela. Perhaps they may still go for him.

Unless you're going for money which Man Utd could easily afford in any scenario, I just don't see the prestige or attraction of going there any more. It's nowhere near the club it used to be and there are far better clubs to go to these days.

I don't think we'll sign him even if Maddison were to go. 

I find it a little disheartening to see that some on here are heavily focused on a desire to have Grealish here whilst Maddison is seemingly on the verge of committing to us. A few reasons I feel like that too. 

First off, who is better? I think that will be up for debate for some time. Grealish probably has an edge just lately, but this will swing as their form goes through typical cycles. 

Forgetting all the money for a moment, would we play both in a starting eleven? If not the other wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench. 

They are both excellent players. But one of them plays for us, and damn we are lucky to have him. Have you noticed how hard he is to tackle? At the very worst we're drawing a foul or retaining possession, and that's on a bad day. He's a marvelous player who will get better. 

I'm surprised this thread isn't bustling with activity - hyped about one of the best players and prospects in football committing his future to us.

Forget Grealish, great player but won't be here for a multitude of reasons, and we'll be fine without him. Maddison will do the business for us, hopefully for many years to come. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

I find it a little disheartening to see that some on here are heavily focused on a desire to have Grealish here whilst Maddison is seemingly on the verge of committing to us. A few reasons I feel like that too. 

First off, who is better? I think that will be up for debate for some time. Grealish probably has an edge just lately, but this will swing as their form goes through typical cycles. 

Forgetting all the money for a moment, would we play both in a starting eleven? If not the other wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench. 

They are both excellent players. But one of them plays for us, and damn we are lucky to have him. Have you noticed how hard he is to tackle? At the very worst we're drawing a foul or retaining possession, and that's on a bad day. He's a marvelous player who will get better. 

I'm surprised this thread isn't bustling with activity - hyped about one of the best players and prospects in football committing his future to us.

Forget Grealish, great player but won't be here for a multitude of reasons, and we'll be fine without him. Maddison will do the business for us, hopefully for many years to come. 

I can think of three reasons 

a) he hasn’t yet

b) maguire signed a new contract less than a year before he left us ...... and whilst he didn’t actually  ‘force his way out the door’, he was more than happy to leave .....

c) see a and b above 

• Like 1