Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle H Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Was surprised it was a red

It was uber dangerous play, those sort of tackles break legs and end careers. 

He was high with studs up, looking to hurt the other player, it's one of the worst tackles I have seen for a while. 

How could you be surprised it was a red? 

Just now, Kalacs_Orthopedic_Shoe said:

Break as in half time mate, he's O.K. by the looks of it. But God knows how, must have a leg made of rubber..

He was lucky his foot wasn't planted, or his leg would be wobbling in half 

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Thought it was a yellow - took the ball first no intent....

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

• Like 2

In fairness I don’t think there was any intent in the tackle but it’s a stonewall red no questions.

We’ve been great, Newcastle playing into our hands a bit has helped but their defence is shocking, we look silky going forward and solid at the back, Ricardo is right up there in the top right backs in the league perhaps only behind Trent.

Another goal nice and early then we can properly relax.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brendan Rodgers is an exceptional coach and manager. The best coaches can improve individuals and the team as a result. There are so many examples I could give but here are just a few:

- Soyuncu no longer rash, times his challenges and defends as a pair properly with Evans.

- Chilwell and Barnes link up effectively now. They never did this under Puel.

- Ndidi's distribution has improved massively. Don't think he gave the ball away in that half, whereas before he panicked under pressure and could be pressed to get the ball back.

- Vardy's runs and chasing down make acres of space for the attacking midfielders to run into. Look at Ricardo's goal, and the space Vardy occupies vacate the space for him.

- The team presses as a unit winning the ball back time and time again.

- One-two's and overlapping runs are so much more effective all over the pitch.

The title win was something else, but honestly this team is the best ball playing Leicester team I have seen in my lifetime. Impressed! :appl:

Really interesting watching Soyuncu, he's silky.

Moment around the 14th or so minute when he disposed of another player, gif please, and he looked more like a midfielder, Jim Beglin on commo even mentioned it. I thought it was insightful of Soyuncu's mindset.