Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

we should have a game where we guess how many seconds it takes klopp in his presser to mention that Brendan is his landlord ......

im happy to leave it to Brendan to devise a plan and pick the players to put it into effect .....liverpool will stat like a train and attempt to put the game to bed quickly .......

• Thanks 1

Got to play our hardest working wingers to keep their full backs quiet. After that I'd actually not give their midfield too much respect as they are very hard working, but aren't overly creative. Despite praet playing brilliantly today, the pressing from Liverpool will be another level to what he is used to, so bring him on later in the game. I'd have madders in for praet and albrighton in for Barnes personally as need to cause them a threat when we have the ball and need to keep possession as best as possible. 

11 hours ago, Charl91 said:

More than top 4?!?

Unless by more mean "top 3", then you're taking crazy pills. Because there's no way we're finishing ahead of Man City or Liverpool

They're probably 2 of, if not the 2 best teams ever in the PL.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet - even top 6 would be outstanding. It's still very early days.

.... not too sure that comment makes sense!! 

11 hours ago, Charl91 said:

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Kasper

Ricardo - Evans - Morgan - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Hamza - Ndidi - Mendy

Tielemans

Vardy

If we can get away with it put one of Kante’s brothers in there too. 

Sneak a shithouse win with a Vardy hat trick in the final 84 minutes. 

Van Dijk repeatedly asks Soyuncu to swap shirts after the game, Hernandez style.  

Klopp gets evicted by Brendan on the spot. 

Tielemans? Far too attacking. Praet instead. Surprised you couldn't fit Benkovich in there somewhere. Start with 12 and see if anyone notices?

Vardy old school special on the volley from 35 yards, 0-1 to the Foxes.

It is on boys, it is on. Must win.

There is absolutely no point setting up with 2 DMs and trying to hold it!

if we do that we are basically saying ‘let’s hold on for 90 minutes against 1 of the best attacks in the world’. What would happen is a seige that would end up with them scoring and then bringing on Gray chasing the game , trying to break down a defence containing one of the best in the world sitting deep.

We basically are giving them the game by doing this. Norwich did what you should do, they went for it and Liverpool couldn’t handle them going forward. We should do this but as we have more quality in midfield and defensively we would have a chance.

Go into it playing the same team. If we set up with an attitude of ‘let’s try and win, if we go behind , deal with it and try and come back’ and not ‘let’s keep it tight, sh*t were behind, let’s chase it now’ I’ll be happy. If we go for it and lose I’ll not be unhappy, it’s a free hit! Just don’t give them a game like we did vs Utd.

Kasper

Perrera Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Ndidi Tillimens

Maddison

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

That team gives us a chance and balance. Back 5 pick themselves, Ndidi over Choudhry to start, can’t drop Tillimens, Maddison offers creativity we will need and something for them to worry about. Vardy to occupy Van dyke but drift onto Matip. Barnes to push AA back and not allow him to attack as much , albrighton on the right for balance and cover Perrera who can over lap and they can talk and cover.

Playing 2 DMs would give confidence to their CM and can press more, they can’t press as much if they know we have the danger to attack them.

If we try and attack them and they do score, we can come back, if we play cautiously and concede, we would have the wrong team to come back!!

I know this is Liverpool and not Utd so we should be somewhat respectful but our best chance of winning is to try and win it.

If we score first and cause pressure we can later in the game bring on hamza /prat or both and make a tight 3 man screen and make it hard for them and more tight, but do that IF we’re winning and not start with this mindset!

51 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Acid test # 2

We've now shown we can beat a team who park the bus. Second lesson, can we take the game on a big away day?

Played Man City, United & Chelsea under Brendan so far. Started far too negatively in all of them. 

We've got to attack at Anfield.

Newcastle are rightly getting pelters for their performance yesterday, but the one thing they didn't do was 'park the bus'

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shane said:

Problem is one of Liverpool's biggest strengths is the full backs. Arsenal also tried the diamond against Liverpool and got battered by TAA & Robertson all game. We need to play with wingers for this one who are willing to track back. 

Difference is that unlike Arsenal we actually have full backs who will give them something to think about all game, rather than just relying on our forward players for the creativity and threat.

Liverpool's FBs are obviously excellent, but they're not that strong defensively (they don't have to be, usually), so our own threat down the wings will hopefully push them back a little bit to compensate, and they won't be as potent going forwards. Obviously that works both ways and Pereira/Chilwell will also have to strike that balance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool dropped their first points of the season this weekend, but by the same token it's a free hit and if we do come away with nothing then we won't really have lost any ground on our rivals.

2-1 loss, then we'll get 'em back in the home fixture.

It all worked really well against Newcastle, so for me, I'd like us to start with the same team and formation, except switch Maddison for Praet. As much as Praet gives more defence, Maddison is ahead of him in terms of selection and I could see him flourish in this game, good chance to show off. 

Can't wait to see Soyuncu up against the MFS trident. 

Don't change a winning team!

However, there are times when tactics change but I think we have tried that at Chelsea and Man U away and neither worked. So let's keep it as it is.

Should Maddison come back in? Not sure because Praet had a brilliant game. Depends if he is going to be 100% fit. Maybe rest Tielemans instead, but you could also argue he needs the game time to get his match fitness back, he still seems a little slow.

• Like 2

Our now-rosy Goal Difference is even more reason to play positive football this game. I won't be bothered eith a loss by a couple of goals if we go at them and they're just too good for us on the day. Two DMFs can get in the bin.

As garbage as Newcastle were, play like we did against them and we get something from this match. Liverpool's back line isn't as solid as it was last year.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Our now-rosy Goal Difference is even more reason to play positive football this game. I won't be bothered eith a loss by a couple of goals if we go at them and they're just too good for us on the day. Two DMFs can get in the bin.

As garbage as Newcastle were, play like we did against them and we get something from this match. Liverpool's back line isn't as solid as it was last year.

Front three are blowing hot and cold too. They seem to be either distroying teams or doing next to nothing. Salah's chaotic style isn't paying off as much this year. If they can get him in behind the full back he's deadly, but when he's running at defenses his quick feet aren't getting him through like they have been previously.

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Very tough. Would take a draw.

I'd keep Praet in, he actually tries to win balls back in central midfield. It'd be nice to get in their faces.

Keep their front three quiet and break.

Up the Foxes.

Same. If Maddison is fit and we really want to bring Maddison back, I would drop Perez instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Same. If Maddison is fit and we really want to bring Maddison back, I would drop Perez instead.

Not for me. As that means pushing Maddison out of the midfield three, which IMO doesn't work. We have a selection headache and that's good. Only 2 of Tielemans, Maddison and Praet can start and only one of Ndidi and Choudhury. Lets not shoehorn players in for the sake of it.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Its about time they lost a game to be honest. Surely law of averages says they have to lose again at some point. 

They have lost 1 game in 40 odd games now I think, Phenomenal stuff from them and Klopp, will be a really tough ask but hopefully a good game. 

Yeah, we should go for it. Setting up defensively with say Ndidi and Hamza like he did earlier in the season would be a disaster. We cannot stop Liverpool really. We have to try to be on the front foot and take the game to them. I hope so anyway. It may be that we lose 4-3 but I prefer that than losing 2-0. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not for me. As that means pushing Maddison out of the midfield three, which IMO doesn't work. We have a selection headache and that's good. Only 2 of Tielemans, Maddison and Praet can start and only one of Ndidi and Choudhury. Lets not shoehorn players in for the sake of it.

I meant to play Maddison further forward but your point is fair.  If I have to choose, given what we saw last game, I may slightly prefer to keep Praet and have Maddison on the bench if he is fit. Thoughts?

• Like 1