Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

I'd go with the same team that faced Newcastle. Praet, Ndidi and Tielemans is a very strong midfield with balance. 

Maddison and Gray coming on in the second half if we need to create.  

Hamza coming on if we are protecting a lead. 

But hey, wado I know, I'm just sippin' sauce. 

Edited by gerrytaggart
  • Like 1

Just now, LC/FC said:

Fuchs is also 6'1 compared to Chillwells 5 foot whatever he is. A bigger, stronger presence could get less bullied down that side of the pitch. 

Being strong means nothing when you'll be left for dead by one of the fastest and most technical wingers in the league. He's a FB, not a CB.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Being strong means nothing when you'll be left for dead by one of the fastest and most technical wingers in the league. He's a FB, not a CB.

And he's one of the most accomplished leftbacks in the league, who from a couple of starts from the opening games of the season doesn't look off the pace at all. 

And the point is to be more solid defensively so the Liverpool front 3 don't get space to cause problems and keeping TAA a bit more quiet. 

Edit. 

Just remembered that having Fuchs adds one more thing to our arsenal on that whole left side. Anytime we have a throw in, whether it's in our half or theirs, there's a potential rocket from the sidelines that'll allow us to produce a quick attack. 

His throw to Vardy earlier in the season as an example. 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Chillwell won’t be much better,

he’ll be caught out of position 

Think Salah will be keeping Ricardo occupied on the right in order to negate his threat. Then you have to worry about TAA overlapping etc.............

Mane/Robertson is probably the bigger worry down that side for all the same reasons.

Nothing is as it appears. Tactics can turn into an absolute mindfvck if you let it. Anything goes. Wouldn't be surprised to see the midfields cancel each other out.

In which case Rodgers has been known to resort to long balls in order to get the ball to attacking players. Then we'll see the crazy end to end stuff.

We have to match them for intensity and physicality. Hope we're ready. No matter what happens I'll be glad to see where we are at in this type of contest.

Because its on to Burnley next and if top 4 or 6 is our goal then that's the match that matters most. Flat Track Bullies.

Edited by SO1
Mane

19 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Think Salah will be keeping Ricardo occupied on the right in order to negate his threat. Then you have to worry about TAA overlapping etc.............

Sane/Robertson is probably the bigger worry down that side for all the same reasons.

Nothing is as it appears. Tactics can turn into an absolute mindfvck if you let it. Anything goes. Wouldn't be surprised to see the midfields cancel each other out.

In which case Rodgers has been known to resort to long balls in order to get the ball to attacking players. Then we'll see the crazy end to end stuff.

We have to match them for intensity and physicality. Hope we're ready. No matter what happens I'll be glad to see where we are at in this type of contest.

Because its on to Burnley next and if top 4 or 6 is our goal then that's the match that matters most. Flat Track Bullies.

Salah plays on the right .......

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chilwell was used as an example by a previous poster I was responding to. Actually Salah can play anywhere he wants in the front three.:)

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Fuchs is also 6'1 compared to Chillwells 5 foot whatever he is. A bigger, stronger presence could get less bullied down that side of the pitch. 

Salah would have no need to bully him as he wouldn't get within 3yds of him. Fuchs has been brilliant but I feel Chilwells mobility will be required for this one. Part of the problem has been when Maddison has been put on the left and goes awol. Albrighton on the left with Maddison behind Vardy would solve that one. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd play Gray up front on his own

Why Not ? It is a game isn't it? Just hoof balls from Soyuncu and Evans all game. Put Van Dijk and Matip under pressure. Add Vardy. :scarf:

5 hours ago, car1os said:

I would keep the same team that beat Newcastle with the exception of playing Albrighton for Barnes - we seemed to have a great sense of balance during the match and can keep Barnes/Maddison/Gray/Choudhury to give other options if needed.  

I don’t think Maddison is at his best on the left of midfield.  However I think Praet deserves to start after his performance against Newcastle.

Ooh, to have so many good options (except playing 2 CDMs of course)...!!

I agree, although if I get to choose I would start Fuchs instead of Chilly too. However, we know Rodgers is biased and will no doubt start Chilly, who was probably the worst player for us in an outstanding collective performance against Newcastle. 

• Like 1

On Fuchs vs Chilly discussion above, I am in the Fuchs camp. Fuchs did very well earlier in the season. He can cross, plays forward, defends well and has good positioning. Chilly still has a lot to learn and his performances so far have been sub-par: he needs to be dropped to get better. I mean, the contrast between the attacks coming from the right with Ricardo and left with Chilly is night and day. Defensively, Chilly’s positioning has been suspect.

And Fuchs is a loyal servant and part of the title winning squad. He is still the best LB at to club for me, is selflessly trying to teach Chilly (from what I read), and is obviously a good influence in the dressing room. He deserves to play more.

Edited by Tom12345

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sane/Robertson is probably the bigger worry down that side for all the same reasons.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

More importantly, Sane plays for Man City.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Salah would have no need to bully him as he wouldn't get within 3yds of him. Fuchs has been brilliant but I feel Chilwells mobility will be required for this one. Part of the problem has been when Maddison has been put on the left and goes awol. Albrighton on the left with Maddison behind Vardy would solve that one. 

Honestly, I'm in either camp. I'm sure Brendan knows best. I understand that with the initial games with Madders on the left and coming inside made Ben have more work to do but that workload Fuchs has also done when he came in for Chillwell. Also entirely depends on the midfielders and attackers we choose, in what formation. Either way, the fact that we can argue about youth and speed or strength and experience over 1 position, depending on whoever else we field in other positions, shows we do have depth.

Which is nice. 

• Like 2